The party leaving Old Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fictional theorist, such as ECS should appreciate this. This may also be of interest to those entertaining the "shadow family" theory.

"Carry Me Back to Old Virginny" is a song which was written by James A. Bland (1854—1911), an African American who wrote over 700 songs. It is an adaption by Bland of the traditional "Carry Me Back to Ole Virginny" popular since the 1840s and frequently sung by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War. Bland's version, the best known, was adapted in 1878 when many of the newly freed slaves were struggling to find work. The song has become controversial in modern times."

In society the term "Old Virginia" was in reference to Virginia before it was broken up into other states, so it is very curious as to the author's use of the phrase "old Virginia" when that condition didn't even exist in the early 1800's. This, along with other details in the alleged Beale letters, pretty much confirms that the letters were not written until much later. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then again, the phrase "old Virginia" can be traced all the way back to the earliest Virginia colonies, this even being a favored phrase of Captain John Smith so he could make clear distinction between the older colony and the new one. All interesting details if one wishes to dissect the Beale papers and the letters and place the entire narration into a proper time frame. Some details will stand fast while others may not. All the more reason to make study of every single word/phrase, etc., and the application. :thumbsup:

https://books.google.com/books?id=K...page&q=phrase "old virginia" + origin&f=false

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Then again, the phrase "old Virginia" can be traced all the way back to the earliest Virginia colonies, this even being a favored phrase of Captain John Smith so he could make clear distinction between the older colony and the new one. All interesting details if one wishes to dissect the Beale papers and the letters and place the entire narration into a proper time frame. Some details will stand fast while others may not. All the more reason to make study of every single word/phrase, etc., and the application. :thumbsup:

https://books.google.com/books?id=K...page&q=phrase "old virginia" + origin&f=false
HA! "OLD VIRGINNY" in the 1817-1822 "era" just included today's WEST VIRGINIA...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SO! What WAS the route taken...? SOME say the GREAT WESTERN ROAD (Rt. 460, today), hitting the OLD Wagon Road/Warrior's Path (Rt. 11, today) in the BIG LICK/Roanoke, Va. area, going SOUTH, then the Old Daniel Boone Road WEST... YET! "The Party" had to hit the Mississippi River to go NORTH to St. Loo... go from THERE!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"The Party" (aka Associates/Companions) in St. Loo were organized as a MILITARY formation & TJB was ELECTED Captain, as recommended by their GUIDE. Then they followed the SANTA FE Trail to Santa Fe, SPANISH Territory! LGA!

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Author's use of the phrase "old Virginia". Beale 1820 or the Author of the Text 1863 or the Author of the Pamphlet 1884 who said that?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Author's use of the phrase "old Virginia". Beale 1820 or the Author of the Text 1863 or the Author of the Pamphlet 1884 who said that?

Well, there we go....the mystery at hand. There are several indicators that suggest the letters were written after the fact, or much later then the presented dates. But this is just "suggestive" details....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, there we go....the mystery at hand. There are several indicators that suggest the letters were written after the fact, or much later then the presented dates. But this is just "suggestive" details....
Eh...? ??? Been in the BEE ALE, again...?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes, Beale did create the ciphers and the letters about 1820 Jan >.
And yes the Daughter of Ward did the dictation of Morriss ( My Opinion that Ward's Daughter did the Dictation ) 1863>
And yes Ward customized the text of his Daughter to form the Pamphlet 1884 >

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And yes the Daughter of Ward did the dictation of Morriss ( My Opinion that Ward's Daughter did the Dictation ) 1863>
Eh...? LOL!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your opinion. I don't think so.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Your opinion. I don't think so.

In my research I have determined there are three separate Authors to the whole of the Beale Papers .

1. The letters from TJB by TJB .
2. The Base Text taken by the person taking the deposition from Mr Morriss ( by a young person with a lot of time on there hands as it states in the Papers, Wards Daughter )
3. The last revision to all this information is at the time it was formed into a Pamphlet a third person . It was formed to what we see today as the Beale Papers ( By Ward )

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my research I have determined there are three separate Authors to the whole of the Beale Papers .

1. The letters from TJB by TJB .
2. The Base Text taken by the person taking the deposition from Mr Morriss ( by a young person with a lot of time on there hands as it states in the Papers, Wards Daughter )
3. The last revision to all this information is at the time it was formed into a Pamphlet a third person . It was formed to what we see today as the Beale Papers ( By Ward )

You have determined------You think-------you believe? What happened to only the facts?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... yes the Daughter of Ward did the dictation of Morriss ( My Opinion that Ward's Daughter did the Dictation ) 1863>
James Beverly Ward married Harriet Emmaline Otey Buford in 1842- Harriet was born and raised FOUR MILES from Buford's Inn. Now where did Beale state where he buried the treasure?
Oh, yeah, FOUR MILES from Buford's.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Student of linguistics, and yes there are three distinct separate people .

Which is the student? I have forgotten more than you will ever know.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Anyway... BACK to the Road/Route "less taken". I think it MAY WELL BE that TJB & Virginian Associates/Companions left Upper Goose Creek Valley, went up to FINCASTLE, Va. and left for St. Loo, MO like the Lewis & Clark guys; sounds like the MAJORITY of Associates/Companions were from St. Loo, Mo. Then it was an "easy route" down the Santa Fe Trail... AND! Their Guide was from Santa Fe, too... (I think). :coffee2: :hello2: Wife & I just got back from Shenandoah National Park (to see "Fire Damage"); not too bad. We "jumped" 2 "young adult" black bears, 4 does, MANY small animals... :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wife & I just got back from Skyland Resort (SNP); met my older brother & his wife at Big Meadows (near-by)... jumped more bears & deer. ANYWAY, back to the Road "less traveled" by TJB & Associates... I think that seven that came back with TJB were from the Upper Goose Creek Valley in Bedford County, TJB went on to Lynchburg, Va. while two others went on to the Richmond, Va. area. The twenty left behind to "mine" were from St. Loo, MO; STILL no history of a mine or two in that area of discovery (1819-1822). As to the road from Virginia... MAYBE, Fincastle, Va., like Lewis & Clark (Expedition). Great Western Road (Rt. 460 EAST); up Old Warrior Path/Road/Rt. 11; up to Fincastle, Va. (from Troutville, Va. on Old Warrior Path)... tracing from Fincastle, Va. via Lewis & Clark Corp. of Discovery for Thomas Jefferson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread