Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 135
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: ENGLISH WORD IMPROVISE AND STAMPEDING FOUND USED IN NEW ORLEANS BEFORE 1820

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher

    ENGLISH WORD IMPROVISE AND STAMPEDING FOUND USED IN NEW ORLEANS BEFORE 1820

    The Beale letters to Morriss also contain several English words, such as "improvise", not otherwise recorded before the 1840s in English, but from French improvisation used from 1786 New Orleans area and "stampede" Spanish, "an uproar, from estamper Beale's "stampeding" apparently first appears in print in the English Language before 1883, but were used from 1786-1820 in New Orleans in French and Spanish .

  2. #2

    Jun 2007
    19,561
    11674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    The Beale letters to Morriss also contain several English words, such as "improvise", not otherwise recorded before the 1840s in English, but from French improvisation used from 1786 New Orleans area and "stampede" Spanish, "an uproar, from estamper Beale's "stampeding" apparently first appears in print in the English Language before 1883, but were used from 1786-1820 in New Orleans in French and Spanish .
    And...?
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

  3. #3
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1844 stampeeding.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	1273979

  4. #4
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1844 stampeeding.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	1273979
    1844 New Mexico usage of this word. seems the people that do research are one sided about what they are finding . One of the proofs that the Beale Letters are not wrote before 1885 is use of these words . Seems to be a lot of Dumb Bunnies out there doing research only to prove there own agenda !

  5. #5
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    1816 book in English for improvise, another word that was to prove the Beale Letters not originally from 1820 because of words not used before 1885 . Wow they must be looking hard you think ?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1816 improvise english.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	1273982

  6. #6
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1844 stampeeding.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	1273979
    1834 usage of Stampeding

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1834 stampeeding.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	1273986

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1834 stamp.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	1273988

  7. #7
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    1832 use of the word Stampede, 1820 use of this word should not be discriminated against !

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stampeed 1832.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	1273993

    https://books.google.com/books?id=c1...ampede&f=false
    Last edited by Jean Laf; Feb 17, 2016 at 09:03 AM.

  8. #8

    Jun 2007
    19,561
    11674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    1844 New Mexico usage of this word. seems the people that do research are one sided about what they are finding . One of the proofs that the Beale Letters are not wrote before 1885 is use of these words . Seems to be a lot of Dumb Bunnies out there doing research only to prove there own agenda !
    Calling us "Dumb Bunnies", eh...?

  9. #9

    Jun 2007
    19,561
    11674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    1816 book in English for improvise, another word that was to prove the Beale Letters not originally from 1820 because of words not used before 1885 . Wow they must be looking hard you think ?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1816 improvise english.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	1273982
    HA! Have not seen ANYTHING about "improvise"; WHERE...?

  10. #10

    Jun 2007
    19,561
    11674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    1834 usage of Stampeding

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1834 stampeeding.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	1273986

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1834 stamp.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	1273988
    1834, eh...?

  11. #11
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,076
    9531 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    ... One of the proofs that the Beale Letters are not wrote before 1885 is use of these words . Seems to be a lot of Dumb Bunnies out there doing research only to prove there own agenda !
    Sometimes one is too consumed looking at the trees to realize that they have become lost in the forest.
    If one can not find evidence that the buffalo hunt that begins this tale ever happened, all the word studies and attempts to find the "right" Thomas Beale is a pure waste of speculative time.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  12. #12
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    1834, eh...?
    https://books.google.com/books?id=r8...peding&f=false

  13. #13
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Sometimes one is too consumed looking at the trees to realize that they have become lost in the forest.
    If one can not find evidence that the buffalo hunt that begins this tale ever happened, all the word studies and attempts to find the "right" Thomas Beale is a pure waste of speculative time.
    Just spent time researching the evidence that they use to say The Beale Papers are a hoax . Found out they are fools and the truth is not in them .

  14. #14
    us
    Rev

    Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    3,524
    304 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Calling us "Dumb Bunnies", eh...?
    No, not you guys . The folks that give fictional facts to try prove the Beale Papers a hoax .

  15. #15

    Jun 2007
    19,561
    11674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    Just spent time researching the evidence that they use to say The Beale Papers are a hoax . Found out they are fools and the truth is not in them .
    "Fools", eh...

 

 
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Improvise
    By AbTexEx in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2013, 11:26 AM
  2. 1820 (?) Large Cent and a word about cleaning coppers
    By Neil in West Jersey in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2012, 06:46 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar 31, 2011, 06:58 PM
  4. THE MOST FUNCTIONAL ENGLISH WORD
    By stefen in forum Comedy Central
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2009, 07:21 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2007, 09:47 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0