HOW AND BY WHOM WAS THE BEALE EXPEDITION FINANCED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the alleged $200'000 sale of a property theory is a moot point given that we can't even establish if this TB had anything at all to do with the tale. In fact, I think the question as to who financed the adventure is also a moot point given that there is no existing confirmation that it ever happened at all. So why argue what isn't even known to have existed?

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the alleged $200'000 sale of a property theory is a moot point given that we can't even establish if this TB had anything at all to do with the tale. In fact, I think the question as to who financed the adventure is also a moot point given that there is no existing confirmation that it ever happened at all. So why argue what isn't even known to have existed?

Just a bit of what I have,
SC Beale mortfafe.JPG

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
One place you claim the story was taken from a story about a Kentucky cave. Which is it, the cave story, or the E F Beale papers?
If you actually read my posts, you would understand the 1885 Beale Papers copyrighted by James Beverly Ward were a rewritten conglomerate from several sources to create a new "authentic statement" for the story.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Cite the source and date of what you posted concerning this sale.

Not so fast, there are many things you will not show as proof . In fact 95% of what you say you will not back up with proof . The pic of the proof of the sale to Thomas Beale Jr from Sr and the Mortgage should be proof for what you seek . The Hotel and Mansion and slaves is what was sold to Jr . I will not put up what I have for the Mortgage, I do not have permission to do so .

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a bit of what I have,
View attachment 1287757

So? :laughing7:........What that document is stating is that the matter is in connection to the estate of Thomas Beale Sr. and those who are involved in the matter. In no way is it suggesting that he was still alive or that he needed to be. :laughing7: The courts are full of cases where the estate of the deceased was still being sorted out long after their death. Are you under the assumption that documents such as this mean that these people were still alive? :laughing7: Dude, you really need to research things before you take off and run wild with them. This is why it states, "or any other appearing...." :laughing7:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So? :laughing7:........What that document is stating is that the matter is in connection to the estate of Thomas Beale Sr. and those who are involved in the matter. In no way is it suggesting that he was still alive or that he needed to be. :laughing7: The courts are full of cases where the estate of the deceased was still being sorted out long after their death. Are you under the assumption that documents such as this mean that these people were still alive? :laughing7: Dude, you really need to research things before you take off and run wild with them. This is why it states, "or any other appearing...." :laughing7:

Not until 1829 do you see the Thomas Beale Sr Probate, do you know why that is BS ?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Thomas J. Beale Party consisted of about 35 men. There was the original 30 men that could afford the expedition and Thomas J. Beale who was elected by the group as their Captain. There was also a cook or two and two or three guides and servants. Can anyone tell me how over 30 distinguished and wealthy individuals could simply disappear. No newspapers reported them missing, no family members posted any articles of missing persons, no mention of an Indian Massacre and no record whatsoever in the Spanish Archives which were kept from 1621 to 1821, four of these years were the years that Thomas J. Beale and his party supposedly stayed for the winter and also purchased supplies for their mining. No mention of them ever being in town. Read the Spanish Archives for yourself--------you can get them online. When the Spanish keep accurate records they even listed when a man had his mule lost or stolen. Also a census was took there but no mention of Thomas j. Beale and a party of thirty or forty men in town. There are several mentions of other parties some from Texas and others from St. Louis and New Orleans but no Thomas J. Beale.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Thomas J. Beale Party consisted of about 35 men. There was the original 30 men that could afford the expedition and Thomas J. Beale who was elected by the group as their Captain. There was also a cook or two and two or three guides and servants. Can anyone tell me how over 30 distinguished and wealthy individuals could simply disappear. No newspapers reported them missing, no family members posted any articles of missing persons, no mention of an Indian Massacre and no record whatsoever in the Spanish Archives which were kept from 1621 to 1821, four of these years were the years that Thomas J. Beale and his party supposedly stayed for the winter and also purchased supplies for their mining. No mention of them ever being in town. Read the Spanish Archives for yourself--------you can get them online. When the Spanish keep accurate records they even listed when a man had his mule lost or stolen. Also a census was took there but no mention of Thomas j. Beale and a party of thirty or forty men in town. There are several mentions of other parties some from Texas and others from St. Louis and New Orleans but no Thomas J. Beale.

30 men.JPG

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not until 1829 do you see the Thomas Beale Sr Probate, do you know why that is BS ?

Do you, or do you just think you do? That's what you need to ponder. And before you reply you should probably think about how you choose to word that reply? :thumbsup:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You posted this before on another thread, and it has NOTHING to do with Beale.
You know that, we know that, as William Freidman would refer to this post as he did to the BEALE PAPERS, "specifically designed to lure the unwary reader".

This is proof you have no idea of how many people and expedition there were going out west at the time of 1820's . Just because you did not see it or read about it does not mean it did not happen .

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Allegedly the Beale adventure took place on SPANISH territory, and the Spanish DID NOT tolerate American encroachment on the lands. The Spanish government were known to capture, imprison, and execute any and all intruders on their lands. The Spanish government kept detailed records.
Now, considering the time spent mining gold and silver, even with the assistance of "friendly Indians", that the Spanish would not have become aware of these activities?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Allegedly the Beale adventure took place on SPANISH territory, and the Spanish DID NOT tolerate American encroachment on the lands. The Spanish government were known to capture, imprison, and execute any and all intruders on their lands. The Spanish government kept detailed records.
Now, considering the time spent mining gold and silver, even with the assistance of "friendly Indians", that the Spanish would not have become aware of these activities?

Acculy, you are wrong about that . I have found many Americans in the area at the time 1815-1825, hunting parties, trappers, explorers and miners . Seems you need some home work, and stop collecting just the stuff that backs your agenda .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions