Is The Obvious The Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
O.K. If all of that is correct how did Robert Morris' wife Sarah Mitchell talk him into signing a ten year lease on the Washington Hotel in 1818? I have a copy of the lease. Also when they laid out "Debtor's Prison" in 1819 how was the Washington Inn mentioned in the boundaries of "Debtor's Prison?"
EASY... 10 year "lease" was FIRST signed at the WASHINGTON HOUSE/INN; 1823 "carried over" with the WASHINGTON HOTEL... Robert MORRIS was MANAGER. "Lease" ran out... MORRIS then became MANAGER of the FRANKLIN HOTEL...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EASY... 10 year "lease" was FIRST signed at the WASHINGTON HOUSE/INN; 1823 "carried over" with the WASHINGTON HOTEL... Robert MORRIS was MANAGER. "Lease" run out... MORRIS then became MANAGER of the FRANKLIN HOTEL...

That don't explain the document lease I got from the Court House in Rustburg, Va. The lease starts in 1818 and ends in 1828.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Later on, an Otey was the manager of Lynchburg's Washington Hotel.
...and both Ward and Clayton Hart were married to an Otey, and Robert Morris was once in business with an Otey.
...and it was an Otey that shown an iron box with a torn number covered slip of paper to Pauline Innis.

:laughing7:.....actually that statement isn't even accurate...as I believe Innis had even claimed to have seen other items as well, yes? So here's where you have to decide if Innis was a liar or if she actually saw the iron box and contents? Can't have it both way my friend unless you're of the opinion that the Otey source was simply running a scam. Which is it, what have YOU concluded in this matter? :laughing7:

This is all on you, no referencing the opinions of others. If the narration is all "parlor entertainment fiction to lure the weary reader" as you barrow from another, then either Innis was a liar or Otey was a scammer. Which do you prefer? Please do tell....

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Which do you believe about John Laflin, Bigscoop, liar or scammer?
AS for Pauline Innis , she wrote about what she was shown, remember, her contact to the Oteys was through George Hart of the HART PAPERS.
Do you believe Innis was shown the genuine bona fide actual iron box from the dime novel story?
If it is the real iron box, how does that affect your Lafitte connexion fifth generation theory?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which do you believe about John Laflin, Bigscoop, liar or scammer?
AS for Pauline Innis , she wrote about what she was shown, remember, her contact to the Oteys was through George Hart of the HART PAPERS.
Do you believe Innis was shown the genuine bona fide actual iron box from the dime novel story?
If it is the real iron box, how does that affect your Lafitte connexion fifth generation theory?

Nice attempt at the dodge, but I'm continuing to slowly post information that I wouldn't have otherwise been locate if not for the "accuracy" of those memoirs.
Now back to your borrowed "fiction for parlor entertainment to lure the weary reader theory" and your unwillingness to elaborate on the Innis claims? It can only be one way or the other regarding her claim and the Otey evidence. Either Innis was lying or Otey was a scammer.....unless, of course, you feel there really was some truth to that information and "the Otey claim." So what's it going to be.....it's ok.....you can step out of that protective hiding and post "your own" conclusion. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just answering questions like you do, ignore and ask an unrelated question. :laughing7:

Another attempt to dodge......:laughing7:....with one big difference....."I'm not scared to death of the potential fallout from posting my own conclusions in such matters." :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have posted my conclusions many times as you are so well aware, and unwilling to provide a legitimate rebuttal. The best that you provide is "Grandpa Risque's fabulous library" quips, because you realize these connections have nothing to do with Lafitte, New Orleans, the slave trade, and all the other speculative theories you have produced, and all to do with those involved in the creation and sale to he Lynchburg localized market.

On the other hand, you keep posting speculative fill in the blank links hoping someone will come with a connection to the Thomas J Beale of the adventure/treasure dime novel copyrighted by Ward in 1885.
Yey, with all these fly by night theories, no one has been able to the existence of Thomas J Beale outside of this dime novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread