Proof Positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Silver

Sometimes, you have to go BEYOND the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet... to get the REST of "The Story", as P.H. used to say...

And that's what I have done with newspapers, census records, etc. And let's not forget common sense.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and that's what I have done investigating those involved with the creation of the Beale Papers and analyzing the narrative text as a literary work and not as guide to treasure.
THE BEALE PAPERS" was printed for the express purpose of selling copies of it for profit, and the ciphers should be considered in the same light as the myriad treasure maps which are sold in the Southern states purporting to come down from pirate days... nothing more or less than a hoax".- Elizabeth Smith Friedman, US Coast Guard Division of Intelligence, code breaker. Taken from a 1930 letter to Clayton Hart.

O

Old Silver

...and that's what I have done investigating those involved with the creation of the Beale Papers and analyzing the narrative text as a literary work and not as guide to treasure.
THE BEALE PAPERS" was printed for the express purpose of selling copies of it for profit, and the ciphers should be considered in the same light as the myriad treasure maps which are sold in the Southern states purporting to come down from pirate days... nothing more or less than a hoax".- Elizabeth Smith Friedman, US Coast Guard Division of Intelligence, code breaker. Taken from a 1930 letter to Clayton Hart.

That "opinion" may be the correct one. But it's not the only one. And so, once again, we see the need for proof.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Beale papers state when Beale arrived, and the newspapers state the part about the furniture for sale, and then the retraction. That's the point, both things agree by their timeline.
But in all truth, does not prove that Beale actually stayed at Morriss's establishment, only that he attempted to sell some furniture, then changed his mind, or possibly, sold the furniture.

O

Old Silver

But in all truth, does not prove that Beale actually stayed at Morriss's establishment, only that he attempted to sell some furniture, then changed his mind, or possibly, sold the furniture.

I didn't call it proof. And yes, there are other possible reasons for Morriss coming into sudden wealth, but if you think about it, it does look good for what the Beale story claims. And I say the same thing about your chosen theory. It could be, but it also could be something else.

I will say, there are a lot of coincidences happening here, if there's no truth to the Beale story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions