Complete PDF of Beale Papers Online anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I'm looking for a complete pdf of The Beale Papers (with a reasonable resolution). The best I found is one on tripod but it is missing the last page (page 23) and the resolution wasn't the best.

I've tried Archive.org and google books to know avail, I searched this forum as well but didn't find anything (though I certainly could have missed a previous thread). So does anyone know where I can find a complete pdf of Ward's pamphlet?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Trev

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOTHING "on-line" of the ORIGINAL... only Peter Viemeister has a copy of the ORIGNAL Beale PAPERS Pamphlet (1885) in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY. It is what the ppl read in 1885 +. PV's book; Chapter 3, THE BEALE PAPERS, pg 22-44. ORIGINAL was/is 23 pages, long. "Thus ends the pamphlet, copyright 1885 by J.B. Ward".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several that have copies of the original 23 pages. I can not paste and copy but you can google 'origninal Beale Papers" or "Job Print Pamphlet" and you should come up with an original. I believe there is a copy on Ron Gervasis webpage.

OP
OP
T

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several that have copies of the original 23 pages. I can not paste and copy but you can google 'origninal Beale Papers" or "Job Print Pamphlet" and you should come up with an original. I believe there is a copy on Ron Gervasis webpage.

There is no copy on the Gervasis website nor has using google or bing resulted in a complete copy (thus my post) - the best copies online are missing the last page. The only actual complete copy appears to be in the PV book suggested above, I will see about getting a used copy if one can be found for a reasonable price.

Since I believe in paying it forward, to thank KGC, I'll note something that I haven't seen mentioned on this site: the Morris/Ward personas in the Beale manuscript are based on an actual person: George Washington Parke Custis who built Arlington House (which was originally going to be called Washington House). Mr Custis was the "grand"-stepson of President Washington and was also President Washington's adopted ward after the death of his father and was certainly friends with all the people "Morriss" was allegedly friendly with in the Papers. The Robert in "Robert Morriss" was a reference to Robert E. Lee who was Custis' son-in-law. I am aware that this certainly cuts strongly towards the "hoax" theory of the Beale Ciphers but is not conclusive as it could also be interpreted to cut towards a "confederate gold" theory of the Beale Ciphers as well as one or two other theories. And in any event, even if a hoax, it remains an interesting puzzle.

Cheers,

Trev

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no copy on the Gervasis website nor has using google or bing resulted in a complete copy (thus my post) - the best copies online are missing the last page. The only actual complete copy appears to be in the PV book suggested above, I will see about getting a used copy if one can be found for a reasonable price.

Since I believe in paying it forward, to thank KGC, I'll note something that I haven't seen mentioned on this site: the Morris/Ward personas in the Beale manuscript are based on an actual person: George Washington Parke Custis who built Arlington House (which was originally going to be called Washington House). Mr Custis was the "grand"-stepson of President Washington and was also President Washington's adopted ward after the death of his father and was certainly friends with all the people "Morriss" was allegedly friendly with in the Papers. The Robert in "Robert Morriss" was a reference to Robert E. Lee who was Custis' son-in-law. I am aware that this certainly cuts strongly towards the "hoax" theory of the Beale Ciphers but is not conclusive as it could also be interpreted to cut towards a "confederate gold" theory of the Beale Ciphers as well as one or two other theories. And in any event, even if a hoax, it remains an interesting puzzle.

Cheers,

Trev

Which Arlington House are you referring to? Not the one in Lynchburg, Va. The one in Lynchburg had nothing to do with the names you mentioned. That would be the Arlington House that was later given to Robert E. Lee's wife and is now the Arlington National Cemetery.

Also there is nothing on Page 23 except where the author handed the manuscript over to James Beverly Ward. The author kept the ironbox that contained the letters of TJB and the cipher papers.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an open question that I am looking at right now, thus my need for an original page 23.
You can find a copy of Peter Viemeister's Book at any local library. Make a photo copy and enjoy.

What about the Arlington House what is your source? Which Arlington House were you posting about?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find a copy of Peter Viemeister's Book at any local library. Make a photo copy and enjoy.

What about the Arlington House what is your source? Which Arlington House were you posting about?

Perhaps any local library in Virginia, or where you live, unfortunately not out here but thanks for the suggestion.

Since I haven't posted on this site before this thread, let me note two things: I'm not interested in commenting upon, or defending any research I might post and any research I post (such as the Custis comments above) which I post without citing someone is my own. I will comment this one time if the reasons for point one are not obvious (though I'm sure they are to most people): I can make a reasonable case for my Custis statement based on his history, but since the history of hotel keeping in Lynchburg in 1820 is pretty thin anyone convinced of the "reality" of the Beale Papers can argue that there was an actual Morriss but time and the Civil War erased the paper trail and that the case for Custis is coincidental.

And that's completely fine with me. Take it or leave it as you like.

Cheers,
Trev

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps any local library in Virginia, or where you live, unfortunately not out here but thanks for the suggestion.

Since I haven't posted on this site before this thread, let me note two things: I'm not interested in commenting upon, or defending any research I might post and any research I post (such as the Custis comments above) which I post without citing someone is my own. I will comment this one time if the reasons for point one are not obvious (though I'm sure they are to most people): I can make a reasonable case for my Custis statement based on his history, but since the history of hotel keeping in Lynchburg in 1820 is pretty thin anyone convinced of the "reality" of the Beale Papers can argue that there was an actual Morriss but time and the Civil War erased the paper trail and that the case for Custis is coincidental.

And that's completely fine with me. Take it or leave it as you like.

Cheers,
Trev

For what it's worth, I will leave it.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,

I'm looking for a complete pdf of The Beale Papers (with a reasonable resolution). The best I found is one on tripod but it is missing the last page (page 23) and the resolution wasn't the best.

I've tried Archive.org and google books to know avail, I searched this forum as well but didn't find anything (though I certainly could have missed a previous thread). So does anyone know where I can find a complete pdf of Ward's pamphlet?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Trev

I am almost done putting them all to video

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bye franklin :thumbsup: Please move on !
Nothing in this Thread for you Anymore !

another post like I just deleted & I'll go Farther !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What was x1 for? Treasure_Hunter, If I said anything different than what is being said to me please let me know. The other party is as guilty as myself. You never tell any poster the reason you just cut them off without warning. I know from experience that to be true. But, please look at what the other poster is saying. I have more likes than I do post while they only have one like for each 10 post that should tell you something.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was x1 for? Treasure_Hunter, If I said anything different than what is being said to me please let me know. The other party is as guilty as myself. You never tell any poster the reason you just cut them off without warning. I know from experience that to be true. But, please look at what the other poster is saying. I have more likes than I do post while they only have one like for each 10 post that should tell you something.
X2 means I agree with Jeff's warning,! You know exactly what you did, if it repeats you will find you can't log in.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Franklin Your Post had Foul Language & an attack.
It is still here, Just Invisible to all but Mods & admin.
(leaving a letter out of the word, Doesn't make the word less foul)
If I am missing Foul Language & an attack Aimed at you,
Please Point it out to Me, & I will treat them Equally.

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin Your Post had Foul Language & an attack.
It is still here, Just Invisible to all but Mods & admin.
(leaving a letter out of the word, Doesn't make the word less foul)
If I am missing Foul Language & an attack Aimed at you,
Please Point it out to Me, & I will treat them Equally.

CAPTAIN THOMAS BEALE SR'S SON-IN-LAW SAMUEL RICKER JR and
CAPTAIN THOMAS BEALE'S PROBATE 1829 WITH NO PROOF OF DEATH, thread not working .

Did we have a server problem or are we being reprimanded ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CAPTAIN THOMAS BEALE SR'S SON-IN-LAW SAMUEL RICKER JR and
CAPTAIN THOMAS BEALE'S PROBATE 1829 WITH NO PROOF OF DEATH, thread not working .

Did we have a server problem or are we being reprimanded ?

it is the Apostrophe in the Title Glitch.
I cannot open threads with a Apostrophe in the title Either :( Sorry !

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a plugin problem, should I wait or make a new thread for the topic without an Apostrophe ?

Your Welcome to start a New thread if you wish.

Administration is most likely on Vacation I haven't heard a word on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread