Ahhhhhh.....my precious!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK fellas, I have made grave error this week and it has lead to a chain of non-reversible actions. I'm sure the Mods can even relate. Here's the deal....
It all started about two weeks ago as I was laying in bed looking for something entertaining to watch on the big screen. Soon I was browsing Youtube for something of interest, my first mistake. My second mistake was clicking on a link to a metal detecting video, this since leading to several more evenings spent watching the same type thing. The next thing I knew I was going through my closet in search of old Betsy, my old blue Excal that I used with great success on the beaches of Florida. "Three days"....that's how long I spent going completely through old Betsy and her set of interchangeable search coils, then the search for my scoop and digging tools, finds pouch, etc., etc. And now, on my desk, there sits a DeLorme Michigan Atlas, the same atlas I have had for 20 years, it's pages littered with notes and productive locations. Now as I try to sleep of night my dreams are filled with items of gold and silver, assorted gems, and also old and forgotten relics of all manner. I can actually smell the dirt, feel the sand in my hands and between my toes, the water all around me, Betsy laying next to me with her control housing on a pillow. And you know how women are when it comes to jewelry and gems, plant the thought and there's no turning back. I should have left her in the closet!!!!!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You fell off the Wagon! Your addiction is back. Good hunting to you.
Toolman Butch

:laughing7:.....and I have fallen hard! I pulled two tomato plants out of the garden today and I was looking for pieces of treasure in those holes. :laughing7: Wait a minute! It could have been in the clumps of dirt around the vines! Gotta go see!!!!! :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Next you need to purchase a drone for your search to look for the initials "TJB" on the landscape- may take a tad bit of time, but as one has revealed, Beale was everywhere!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next you need to purchase a drone for your search to look for the initials "TJB" on the landscape- may take a tad bit of time, but as one has revealed, Beale was everywhere!

I can't believe you just brought that up...:BangHead:...as now I recall that my son has one with 4k video that he told me I could use anytime I wanted to. THANKS A BUNCH!!! What kind of intervention is that! :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Give a shout out on the Michigan forum for a private lead or hunt.
Nothing red hot near me ,but you're still welcome if you head north far enough.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give a shout out on the Michigan forum for a private lead or hunt.
Nothing red hot near me ,but you're still welcome if you head north far enough.

The vast majority of my time has been spent in the upper 1/3 or the U.P. Anything below that reminds me too much of Indiana. :laughing7:

Back in the 90's I had a CZ-20 and I could spend a few days hitting all the smaller lakes and return home with buckets of goodies. Now, just like everything else, everyone is doing it and the finds are much thinner, but still generally good. The larger coil on the Excal really made a noticeable difference due to the better coverage and additional depth without any real loss in sensitivity due to it being fresh water. The up side to the increase in competition is that there is noticeably less trash then there use to be as well. So how far up are you? Got any TJB's inscribed on anything up there? Word is that he had left his mark everywhere! :laughing7:

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well below the bridge. S.W. of center ,sort of.
No T.J.B. spotted but is has been a suggestion to keep an eye out for other markings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread