Transporting Goods

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think a lot of hopefuls fully realize what all it would have taken to make the two trips during the period and to actually pull off this huge undertaking in secret. Not saying it wasn't possible or that it wasn't done, just saying that it would have taken a considerable amount of planning, resources, and advanced preparation at both ends.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and it would have been hard to keep as a secret without someone taking notice.

As I've stated, it would have required a lot of planning, advanced prep, and a lot of resources at both ends.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Where is this planning mentioned in the Beale Papers?
Beale's letters mention their stay at Buford's Tavern, but Buford's children when questioned in 1885, all three stated that had no knowledge of Beale, or his stay at their parents Inn.
One would think this event would be part of a families' past history.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is this planning mentioned in the Beale Papers?
Beale's letters mention their stay at Buford's Tavern, but Buford's children when questioned in 1885, all three stated that had no knowledge of Beale, or his stay at their parents Inn.
One would think this event would be part of a families' past history.

Oh, I don't know. When I was young my parents were entertaining all the time. I said my hellos, shook a few hands, and then I got the heck out of there. Couldn't tell you who most of those folks were. Besides, it was an INN, folks/strangers coming and going all the time.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and no family history of these notable guests?
We both know that's not true.

What notable guest? They would have only been notable if their activities and purpose had been made public, otherwise they were just typical guest. You're talking some 60-65 years in the passing and who knows how many guest during the Beale period? Then again, if Buford was part of it then maybe he made little whoohoo out of their visits? Who can say or even dare to draw conclusion with such little knowledge of those alleged events. I can't. :dontknow:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting on the SUN to come out bigscoop was going to give us but I still can not see in this darkness.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting on the SUN to come out bigscoop was going to give us but I still can not see in this darkness.

The bane of most interested in this mystery is that they're still expecting to find simple remedies, simple point A to point B events and explanations. Yet we have all concluded that "if" the story contains any measure of truth then it was anything but a simple event. If it was discovered, per example, that "Bob Smith" did it then everyone is going to ask how he did it, who all was involved, and so on and so on, and suddenly the simple explanation isn't so simple anymore. And now for every detail offered everyone is going to want proof of those details, and now suddenly the simple explanation is turning complex and quite involved. And yet, everyone still wants and expects a simple explanation?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there be sun"

The posting limit here is something like 5000 characters, yet in order to give you guys even the condensed version I'm looking at 30'000 "words" or more. On top of this I'm still not sure I even want to post that information here as over the years it has become more of a platform for conducting childish arguments and hurling insults then anything else. All one needs to do is to brief the last hundred or so threads and this becomes quite apparent. Not sure how everyone got sucked into this vacuum?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The " Revenue Cutter Service" could have been impressed , with the right political connexions.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The posting limit here is something like 5000 characters, yet in order to give you guys even the condensed version I'm looking at 30'000 "words" or more. On top of this I'm still not sure I even want to post that information here as over the years it has become more of a platform for conducting childish arguments and hurling insults then anything else. All one needs to do is to brief the last hundred or so threads and this becomes quite apparent. Not sure how everyone got sucked into this vacuum?

If it takes you 30,000 words to explain whether the story is true or not forget it and just keep it to yourself. It most likely would sound like a politician talking around in circles, you know, if this if that could have been this could have been that. We don't need it only the facts will do.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it takes you 30,000 words to explain whether the story is true or not forget it and just keep it to yourself. It most likely would sound like a politician talking around in circles, you know, if this if that could have been this could have been that. We don't need it only the facts will do.

At your request, and premature example, consider it done.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The bane of most interested in this mystery is that they're still expecting to find simple remedies, simple point A to point B events and explanations. Yet we have all concluded that "if" the story contains any measure of truth then it was anything but a simple event... And now for every detail offered everyone is going to want proof of those details, and now suddenly the simple explanation is turning complex and quite involved. And yet, everyone still wants and expects a simple explanation?
Really, the bottom line to all of this is whether the events mentioned in the Beale Papers, the perilous adventure, the buffalo hunt, the discovery of gold, the St Louis trade of silver for jewels, the meeting with Morris and the letters, staying at Buford's Tavern while the treasure vault was being constructed, whether an "unknown author" contacted Ward to be copyright agent, is a true account of actual events, or just a fictional creation of an unnamed author.
Either the Beale story is true as written, no Adams-Onis, secret service, or any other off the wall scenario that can be presented as "the story behind the story", or it is just a work of fiction as professional codebreaker Elizabeth Smith Freidman noted " printed for the express purpose of selling copies of it for profit".

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, the bottom line to all of this is whether the events mentioned in the Beale Papers, the perilous adventure, the buffalo hunt, the discovery of gold, the St Louis trade of silver for jewels, the meeting with Morris and the letters, staying at Buford's Tavern while the treasure vault was being constructed, whether an "unknown author" contacted Ward to be copyright agent, is a true account of actual events, or just a fictional creation of an unnamed author.
Either the Beale story is true as written, no Adams-Onis, secret service, or any other off the wall scenario that can be presented as "the story behind the story", or it is just a work of fiction as professional codebreaker Elizabeth Smith Freidman noted " printed for the express purpose of selling copies of it for profit".

You keep cuddling that simplest of notions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread