Yet Another Bigscoop Tidbit ( And A Good One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good one if you're not locked in tunnel vision, so here it comes for those who are willing to remove their blinders;

What was the nature of the Morriss business?
What was the nature of the Beale business in New Orleans?
What was the nature of the Buford Tavern business?

If you are involved in an "enterprise" that requires men coming and going all the time what is the one thing to be required? Sort of puts a new spin on "St. Louis" now, doesn't it.

With respect, fellas, your love of all the local lore, family ties and legends is preventing you from seeing the horizon. :thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good one if you're not locked in tunnel vision, so here it comes for those who are willing to remove their blinders;

If you are involved in an "enterprise" that requires men coming and going all the time what is the one thing to be required? Sort of puts a new spin on "St. Louis" now, doesn't it.

With respect, fellas, your love of all the local lore, family ties and legends is preventing you from seeing the horizon. :thumbsup:

There is no horizon past the local lore or story of the Beale Treasure. It is a local happening. You are searching all over the country just like Jean Laf, Legrand and others but in the end you will come back to Bedford County, Virginia.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

If you are involved in an "enterprise" that requires men coming and going all the time what is the one thing to be required? Sort of puts a new spin on "St. Louis" now, doesn't it...
They established the first express inn chain for travelers? 8-)
Now that is a good one! :laughing7:
"We'll keep the light on for you": Robert Morriss

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no horizon past the local lore or story of the Beale Treasure. It is a local happening. You are searching all over the country just like Jean Laf, Legrand and others but in the end you will come back to Bedford County, Virginia.

Really. And there's what you're lacking, you're only focused on the end, and always have been. Do you really think the author, in his narration, included the word "enterprise" without true definition of that word? For every ending there has to be a beginning.....maybe you should look for that. Your author has told you that it began in 1817.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Complexity”.....heaven forbid that the truth behind the Beale narration be something complex! Yet, in the very history of major treasure discoveries, this including everything from those famous Egyptian tombs to those prized Spanish vessels loaded with the treasure, the stories leading up their accumulations have never been anything else but complex in nature. Given this historical fact it's strange that treasure hunters often only see, “Spain mined it, loaded onto a ship, and the ship sank.”

In reality, however, the treasure actually getting onto said ship was far more complex in nature, the same of all of that treasure finding its way into ancient tombs. Bottom line, none of these discoveries would have been possible unless the discoverers understood all the preceding complexities that made those discoveries possible.

“We just want the facts!”
No. No you don't. You just want the ending, an ending you will never realize without first pursuing/gaining full understanding of all the complexities that made that ending possible.

“It's a local thing, always has been, always will be!”
Really? Then perhaps you can explain why other cities such as St. Louis and Richmond and Santa Fe are referenced? Oh, right, because at some point in time local folks had been to these places. “Tunnel vision”...locked and fully loaded on treasure and the ending, not a clue as to the complexities that made that ending possible.

Here's a hot tip for you......”the 1885 Beale Publication was an ending, it wasn't the beginning. The complex beginning to that end begins in 1817.”

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Here's a hot tip for you......”the 1885 Beale Publication was an ending, it wasn't the beginning. The complex beginning to that end begins in 1817.”
Here's a hot tip for you....."Talking don't get it, Bigscoop".
We all have experienced your myriad story behind the Beale story theories that have all ended in the waste bin due to the lack of real supporting evidence.
This I know something you don't know approach, as Franklin mentioned, DOES remind us of another poster who is currently MIA.

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please continue bigscoop, I am interested in hearing what you have to say. Popcorn in hand.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a hot tip for you....."Talking don't get it, Bigscoop".
We all have experienced your myriad story behind the Beale story theories that have all ended in the waste bin due to the lack of real supporting evidence.
This I know something you don't know approach, as Franklin mentioned, DOES remind us of another poster who is currently MIA.

If you say so.....but let me remind you....."several" of the points of argument that you have presented in favor of the fiction theory, and at times, points you still lean on in your debates, originated with me. Off, that these are the only points originating from me that you consider. Unlike many here, I have no fear of entertaining new ground that could cost me that old ground. I'm sorry if you guys take offense that I would give Jean some credit where it is due.....I'm not surprised that with Jean gone now that you guys feel the need to select a new target. But guess what, I'm an adult and I can take it. :laughing7:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If you say so.....but let me remind you....."several" of the points of argument that you have presented in favor of the fiction theory, and at times, points you still lean on in your debates, originated with me...
...and some points you have utilized originated with me.
So, what is the point being made?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and some points you have utilized originated with me.
So, what is the point being made?

Read my new post. The "very short" version. And as to your upcoming question in regards to Thomas Beale maybe you can ask Jean? :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really. :laughing7:...the ground really getting shaky, ain't it. Case in point....

You know ECS you need to start practicing what you demand of others in support of their theories, after all, your fiction theory is yours not theirs. For example;

Produce something detailing how Ward made study of the alleged resources in Grandpa Risque's fabulous library.
Produce a documented catalog of the alleged reference materials that were in that same fabulous library.
Produce something that confirms that Ward even had the skills to pen such a tale.

Whatever, anything other then just the same old claims.

Don't just keep buffaloing people into believing in all those family related claims, actually start to make the same direct connections to your pet theory and the narration as you demand of others. The problem is, you can't actually do that, now can you? At best, all you can provide are just family and local speculations. Give us something, anything that you can directly tie to your claims and the narration beyond Ward, which is really all you have or have ever had, but this is already explained in the narration, isn't it? If you think he was more then just the agent then actually try to connect him to the narration and that unfounded claim in some way. Continue trying to establish and to expand your case, don't just keep repeating the same old claims. If you claim that it was a dime novel for parlor entertainment then show something documented/recorded that states as such. It would do you some good at this point to actually produce what you constantly demand of others in support of their theories. The fact that you have yet to produce anything of that nature isn't establishing your claim, now is it? :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... If you claim that it was a dime novel for parlor entertainment then show something documented/recorded that states as such. It would do you some good at this point to actually produce what you constantly demand of others in support of their theories. The fact that you have yet to produce anything of that nature isn't establishing your claim, now is it? :icon_thumright:
In addition to the families of Clays, Cole, and Witcher, Charles W Button, and Pascal Buford's children, every time you present a new theory concerning the "REAL" story behind the story contained in the Beale Papers, you, my friend, are admitting that the Beale Papers is a work of fiction.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition to the families of Clays, Cole, and Witcher, Charles W Button, and Pascal Buford's children, every time you present a new theory concerning the "REAL" story behind the story contained in the Beale Papers, you, my friend, are admitting that the Beale Papers is a work of fiction.

ECS, have we not, on numerous occasion, already concluded and accepted our differences of opinions on all of this? So why keep pursuing the same old debate that is never going to change? Seems absolutely pointless and a complete waste of breath and space to me. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can ask the same of you, my friend.

No. Not really. Seldom do I leap on any thread as soon as its posted in defense of my own theory and I generally try to stay on topic and avoid all those redundant drawn out pointless debates, which I'm going to do now. :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread