Blowing The Cast Iron Lids Off Of Beale

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...or if it ever existed or if a Beale was involved or if some "unknown author" just had to contact Ward to copyright and publish his manuscript containing "authentic statements" on events that have nothing to do with the story in the presented manuscript.
So much to determine, so little direct unquestionable evidence.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, at least now, with just a few recent revelations, I see that, "direct evidence" has suddenly evolved into "unquestionable direct evidence." So see, we are making some progress, slow but sure. :laughing7: :icon_thumright:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Several of us are waiting for you to provide any "DIRECT" evidence that can be proven to be connected to the story contained in the 1885 Beale Papers.
So, you have posted no such evidence, but what you have posted is very questionable in the least.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of us are waiting for you to provide any "DIRECT" evidence that can be proven to be connected to the story contained in the 1885 Beale Papers.
So, you have posted no such evidence, but what you have posted is very questionable in the least.

Beg my pardon for this next curious question, but how do you know it isn't directly connected? You didn't think Risque held any direct connection the Adams Onis Treaty or that Laffite had actually been placed in the service and employ of United States either, and now? Seems to me that you have developed a tendency to draw premature conclusions and positions on certain proposals. The best I can ever hope for in these forums is to give you reason to start questioning things. I've always maintained that you can't get to the right answers without first asking the right questions. You obviously asked yourself one of these right questions prior to your discovering of the Risque treaty information, a point I'm sure you will soon not forget. :icon_thumright: Truth is, there is sooo much more out there.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, even though we may not agree with a proposal or summation there is often value in them anyway. For instance, Jean often made reference to something that was, perhaps, not received as well as he hoped, and yet there was still something that should have been curious in what he was presenting. Up until about 1817 there is sporadic trace of Thomas Beale, then from about 1817 to 1820 he seems to have disappeared from New Orleans notice, that is until the announcement of his passing. Needles to say several debates ensued from all of this that sort of overshadowed the real point of the notion, this being, where had Thomas Beale possibly been during this lull in his New Orleans presence? According to the narration our main character had grown even darker and swarthier during his absence, as if much exposure to the sun. Well, if he wasn't already getting enough exposure to the sun in New Orleans I wonder where else, and under what circumstances, that he might have been exposed to even more, and still have it in December, January, etc.? :dontknow:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know that Thomas Beale was missing from New Orleans from 1817 to 1820 or up until the time of his death? He could have been in bed sick of yellow fever until he died September, 1820. I found a document today that says a probate for Thomas Beale Jr. was in 1823. So now there is no doubt that this probate was not for Thomas Beale Sr. that died September 1820.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, I know some of you guys don't care for Jean and that the mere mention of his name raises your hairs, nor do I agree with his summation in regards to the current subject. But never the less, even before Jean, the question of Thomas Beale's apparent absence during these years has always loomed. New Orleans isn't exactly a cool atmosphere most of the year so if Thomas Beale did return to Virginia twice during the winter/spring seasons then where might he have been other then New Orleans that could have turned him even darker then he was before? Forget all about the dates of death for now, just try to focus on what the author is detailing. This man didn't return to his establishment in the fall or late summer, he returned in the winter/spring, even darker and swarthier then before. I lived in Florida for 5 years and I can tell you that there isn't much chance for a dark summer tan to get even darker during the late fall and winter months, so where then did this man grab hold of even a darker appearance? Did he own a tanning bed? Not in 1817-1822. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could say the same with as much absolute certainty, but until/if I can learn more of the details about the trust involved and how it was actually funded and designed I can't do that. Could very easily be that the spoils of war funded the trust...
Is Thomas Hart "Old Bullion" Benton going to make a cameo appearance in this new revamped old theory you are currently presenting?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... You didn't think Risque held any direct connection the Adams Onis Treaty or that Laffite had actually been placed in the service and employ of United States either... You obviously asked yourself one of these right questions prior to your discovering of the Risque treaty information, a point I'm sure you will soon not forget...
The Lafittes being in the service of the US is common knowledge, as for Risqué being involved with Jackson's Florida adventure, and receiving a portion of the payout slush fund, the information was probably included in his letters and correspondence that were part of his "fabulous library" as you call it, that was inherited by Ward's father, and J B would have had access.
Davy Crockett was also involved with Jackson's Florida adventure, reckon he got a piece of that slush fund action?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you know that Thomas Beale was missing from New Orleans from 1817 to 1820 or up until the time of his death? He could have been in bed sick of yellow fever until he died September, 1820. I found a document today that says a probate for Thomas Beale Jr. was in 1823. So now there is no doubt that this probate was not for Thomas Beale Sr. that died September 1820.
The 1820 US Census of New Orleans listed Thomas Beale, 10 Canal Street.
Most census counts are conducted during the year previous, so it appears that Thomas Beale was in residence at 10 Canal Street in 1819 to file with that Federal Census taker.
It seems your "swarthy" definition has changed with this current theory.
Have you discarded Alderman Beale ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lafittes being in the service of the US is common knowledge,....

Oh, was it? I believe if you'll go back and review some of your heckling post not all that long ago you'll discover that you and many others bulked at that very notion. :laughing7:

Truth is, you have absolutely no idea what I have handed you of late, and prior. I also have sworn testimony and also multiple correspondences regarding the name St. Louis and its reference to Galveston Island in French translation being "The Island of The Serpent" (or snake) this too you fellas bulked at the very notion. In fact, i even have sworn testimony and official correspondence regarding those meetings I referenced in 1817, who was there, and so on and so on. And I also have a mountain of sworn testimony and correspondences about many things relating to the Beale narration, including the money that was all part of a prior "promise" kept. You have no idea what I have and you are further away from the real truth then Jean ever was. :laughing7: I promise you this.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me further enlighten you to something that I promise you is the actual case.....those two ciphers, C1 & C2, here's what they contained in their original form:

C1 contains that explanation that I have always said it contained.
C3, and grab a seat while you can, contains the names of those who were, "employed at Galveston Island."

Now all of this I discovered against all hope of ever locating it, yet I did, and this is why I won't yet put all of it out there, as I am still holding out against all hope that I might still be able find one other thing, actually two things. But rest assured, I can easily survive without them. :thumbsup:

Now with everything I have just given you in this post, and with you being as smart as I know you are, I am certain that you can find all of this too if you'll just entertain it. And if you do, hold off of referencing it just yet. I have already given way more then I probably should have because I know you're smart enough, with just a little thought and effort, to locate this same information. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Galveston Island was under contract with, and its activities protected by, the United States! And that my friends is a cold, hard, and documented fact!

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1820 US Census of New Orleans listed Thomas Beale, 10 Canal Street.
Most census counts are conducted during the year previous, so it appears that Thomas Beale was in residence at 10 Canal Street in 1819 to file with that Federal Census taker.
It seems your "swarthy" definition has changed with this current theory.
Have you discarded Alderman Beale ?

There seems to be s problem with your dating of the Census? The Federal Census did not start in New Orleans until August 7 1820 and ran for adout 13 months or so. And it does show Cap Thomas Beale on it. A man of his age is showing at the and a one of his wife.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have seen posted here a probate from 1823 of two men that died in 1820. I think it would be possible for a young man to die in 1820 and then have a probate in 1823. This has been proven fact!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It does not list a "Captain Thomas Beale".
It is way past time to stop adding "captain" to this nane.
Proven fact! Where is it a proven fact?

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does not list a "Captain Thomas Beale".
It is way past time to stop adding "captain" to this nane.
Proven fact! Where is it a proven fact?

If you know how to read a census of the 1820's there is no problem, but then again I have seen your cheese Gen sites!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, was it? I believe if you'll go back and review some of your heckling post not all that long ago you'll discover that you and many others bulked at that very notion. :laughing7:

Truth is, you have absolutely no idea what I have handed you of late, and prior. I also have sworn testimony and also multiple correspondences regarding the name St. Louis and its reference to Galveston Island in French translation being "The Island of The Serpent" (or snake) this too you fellas bulked at the very notion. In fact, i even have sworn testimony and official correspondence regarding those meetings I referenced in 1817, who was there, and so on and so on. And I also have a mountain of sworn testimony and correspondences about many things relating to the Beale narration, including the money that was all part of a prior "promise" kept. You have no idea what I have and you are further away from the real truth then Jean ever was. :laughing7: I promise you this.
In all these "mountains" of testimony and correspondence, is the name Thomas Beale ever mentioned?
...or is this just another of your could be "relating to the Beale narration" ?

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen posted here a probate from 1823 of two men that died in 1820. I think it would be possible for a young man to die in 1820 and then have a probate in 1823. This has been proven fact!

This is from 1823 July.
Courrier%20de%20la%20Louisiana%20July%202%201823%20probate%20for%20death%20in%201820.JPG

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If you know how to read a census of the 1820's there is no problem, but then again I have seen your cheese Gen sites!
...and I have seen your posts of misinformation, like the above "Court of Probates" clippings that have nothing to do with Thomas Beale, Sr or Jr, Captain or no Captain. :laughing7:
Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread