Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 2017

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8657 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Marks 200 years of Beale's claimed grand adventure. I'm betting the year ends just like the other 199 and that 2018 begins the same way. Just one of my New Years predictions....
    Rebel - KGC, franklin and ECS like this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    And YOUR "Resolution(s)"...? Heh...
    franklin likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    And YOUR "Resolution(s)"...? Heh...
    Not to waste anymore time on Beale.
    ECS, Rebel - KGC and franklin like this.

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    WISE choice!
    ECS and franklin like this.

us

Jun 2010
    8657 times
    I think at this juncture it's safe to say that all roads lead to dead ends and that they will only continue to do so. Just not enough meat in the potatoes to keep feeding all the blind hope.
    ECS and franklin like this.

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    If you say so...

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6304 times
    Like you I have given up on solving the cyphers and even finding a treasure called the Beale but I will continue to look for something positive as I research other treasures. I have already gotten a genealogy of Robert Morris and Sarah Mitchell his wife going. I will add to that. I also have Robert Morris' signature several of them. But the main search is to find something to either prove the Expedition of 1817 and 1819 whether they occurred or not. Then I am going to find something written down in a diary in Lynchburg, Va as to the purpose of the story if it is not true. But I will only do this in my spare time like I said as I research other treasure stories.
    Rebel - KGC and ECS like this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    12818 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    I think at this juncture it's safe to say that all roads lead to dead ends and that they will only continue to do so. Just not enough meat in the potatoes to keep feeding all the blind hope.
    Are you saying that we won't crisscross the country carving "TJB" initials into the landscape anymore?
    Rebel - KGC and franklin like this.

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    Wasn't that Eldo...?
    franklin likes this.

us
    The cave guy

Mar 2015
    Beans Cove Pa.
    168 times
    Well 2017 turned out to be somewhat rewarding for us. In the decoding we are using, we did locate a cave with artifacts from the late 1700's-early 1800's. The cave suffered an entrance collapse around that time. We could not tell if it was natural or deliberate. Several features of the cave line up with the decoding. At the beginning of this "adventure", my goal was to find the cave mentioned in the decoding. That has been accomplished. Now for the "treasure" hunt. Captain Buford did have an inn 6 miles SW of this cave. As for treasure being found in the near future, I am not a treasure hunter, so whatever happens, will happen. It took five years to get this far. So far, the decoding we are using is pretty accurate. And the cave, which is fairly roomy, does have some nice formations. The landowner let us use his mini-excavator to open the cave. It was a three day effort. GPR would handy right now, but that is something that is well beyond our shallow pockets. The picture is of some formations in the cave.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00435.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	847.5 KB 
ID:	1402223

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    I remember you! Pa. in a Valley of "interest."..
    franklin likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    12818 times
    Captain Buford of Virginia or Pennsylvania?
    franklin and Rebel - KGC like this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    12818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Wasn't that Eldo...?
    No, Eldo talks about 30 bodies that were found massacred by Native Americans somewhere out west.
    Rebel - KGC and franklin like this.

us
    The cave guy

Mar 2015
    Beans Cove Pa.
    168 times
    Captain Buford of Bedford County Pa. Prior to the 1768 Mason Dixon survey, this Captain Buford's land was in Virginia. And I do know there were several Captain Bufords.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6304 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbalawski View Post
    Captain Buford of Bedford County Pa. Prior to the 1768 Mason Dixon survey, this Captain Buford's land was in Virginia. And I do know there were several Captain Bufords.
    Why then did Thomas J. Beale and two of his men stay at the Washington House in Lynchburg, Va. They were a long way away from the other eight men burying the treasure wouldn't you say? Look In PA. all you want you may get lucky and find a treasure up there but it won't be the Beale Treasure of Virginia.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links