bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think at this juncture it's safe to say that all roads lead to dead ends and that they will only continue to do so. Just not enough meat in the potatoes to keep feeding all the blind hope.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you I have given up on solving the cyphers and even finding a treasure called the Beale but I will continue to look for something positive as I research other treasures. I have already gotten a genealogy of Robert Morris and Sarah Mitchell his wife going. I will add to that. I also have Robert Morris' signature several of them. But the main search is to find something to either prove the Expedition of 1817 and 1819 whether they occurred or not. Then I am going to find something written down in a diary in Lynchburg, Va as to the purpose of the story if it is not true. But I will only do this in my spare time like I said as I research other treasure stories.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think at this juncture it's safe to say that all roads lead to dead ends and that they will only continue to do so. Just not enough meat in the potatoes to keep feeding all the blind hope.
Are you saying that we won't crisscross the country carving "TJB" initials into the landscape anymore? :laughing7:

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 2017 turned out to be somewhat rewarding for us. In the decoding we are using, we did locate a cave with artifacts from the late 1700's-early 1800's. The cave suffered an entrance collapse around that time. We could not tell if it was natural or deliberate. Several features of the cave line up with the decoding. At the beginning of this "adventure", my goal was to find the cave mentioned in the decoding. That has been accomplished. Now for the "treasure" hunt. Captain Buford did have an inn 6 miles SW of this cave. As for treasure being found in the near future, I am not a treasure hunter, so whatever happens, will happen. It took five years to get this far. So far, the decoding we are using is pretty accurate. And the cave, which is fairly roomy, does have some nice formations. The landowner let us use his mini-excavator to open the cave. It was a three day effort. GPR would handy right now, but that is something that is well beyond our shallow pockets. The picture is of some formations in the cave. DSC00435.JPG

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Buford of Bedford County Pa. Prior to the 1768 Mason Dixon survey, this Captain Buford's land was in Virginia. And I do know there were several Captain Bufords.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Buford of Bedford County Pa. Prior to the 1768 Mason Dixon survey, this Captain Buford's land was in Virginia. And I do know there were several Captain Bufords.

Why then did Thomas J. Beale and two of his men stay at the Washington House in Lynchburg, Va. They were a long way away from the other eight men burying the treasure wouldn't you say? Look In PA. all you want you may get lucky and find a treasure up there but it won't be the Beale Treasure of Virginia.

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virginia has been searched since the Beale papers come out. Nothing found after all those years. Obviously it is not in Virginia. The decoding we are using states the Virginia location was to well known and one of the men in his unit knew of a cave on his place in Pa. So, it was moved to that location. This location has six known caves in the area. There was only 1 known cave when we moved there in 1973. Now there are five more. I suspect there are even more. And I will find them. We have narrowed our search area to a small area. Hopefully electronics will get to the target for the family who originally started this quest 30 years ago. For me, we already found treasure, that being the new cave. Good luck to all on your hunt.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virginia has been searched since the Beale papers come out. Nothing found after all those years. Obviously it is not in Virginia. The decoding we are using states the Virginia location was to well known and one of the men in his unit knew of a cave on his place in Pa. So, it was moved to that location. This location has six known caves in the area. There was only 1 known cave when we moved there in 1973. Now there are five more. I suspect there are even more. And I will find them. We have narrowed our search area to a small area. Hopefully electronics will get to the target for the family who originally started this quest 30 years ago. For me, we already found treasure, that being the new cave. Good luck to all on your hunt.

You still have not answered the most important question. If TJB and his two men went and stayed in Lynchburg, Va while the others were at the treasure site why would the treasure be in PA. so far away from Lynchburg, Va. You can find all the caves you want we have thousands of them in Bedford County, Virginia come down and search all the caves you want. The cave TJB selected to bury the treasure in was less than one quarter mile north of Buford's Tavern. It has been in several documentaries by television shows. So many were checking it out that the auto shredding company there had it all bulldozed over. There is another entrance four miles away however and just maybe when TJB selected a better place he selected the other entrance of the cave four miles away. Four Miles from Buford's now make sense doesn't it? Good luck hunting in PA it is not up there.

O

Old Silver

You still have not answered the most important question. If TJB and his two men went and stayed in Lynchburg, Va while the others were at the treasure site why would the treasure be in PA. so far away from Lynchburg, Va. You can find all the caves you want we have thousands of them in Bedford County, Virginia come down and search all the caves you want. The cave TJB selected to bury the treasure in was less than one quarter mile north of Buford's Tavern. It has been in several documentaries by television shows. So many were checking it out that the auto shredding company there had it all bulldozed over. There is another entrance four miles away however and just maybe when TJB selected a better place he selected the other entrance of the cave four miles away. Four Miles from Buford's now make sense doesn't it? Good luck hunting in PA it is not up there.

Franklin, have you found anything in that other entrance 4 miles away?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not found the other entrance. i know where the general area is located. A deer hunter told me about it. When I went back to get him to show me where it was he had moved. If you get a good thing going finish it before moving on. I wish I had. That has now been about 27 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread