Finding The Real Thomas Beal

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
"And you know that notion , just crossed my mii- ii-nnd."

Anyway . Would rather have an accurate i.d. on Thomas , than actually find him.:icon_pale:

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen TJB's name spelled Beale, Beal, and Beall. Back in those days, the misspelling and variations of a name were common. I have a friend who has a ledger from the early 1800's with his family's name spelled at least seven different ways. In our "neck of the woods", we have Beal and Beall. No Beale with the "e". Our Thomas Beall died in 1823. He was a Revolutionary war Captain with the Rawlings (Maryland) and Virginia Rifle regiment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Jack Sparrow
Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have seen TJB's name spelled Beale, Beal, and Beall. Back in those days, the misspelling and variations of a name were common. I have a friend who has a ledger from the early 1800's with his family's name spelled at least seven different ways. In our "neck of the woods", we have Beal and Beall. No Beale with the "e". Our Thomas Beall died in 1823. He was a Revolutionary war Captain with the Rawlings (Maryland) and Virginia Rifle regiment.

i think the reason no one has found thomas beale is, ward misspelled it in the papers as beale not beal, just like the one who decoded the ciphers said.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
With all those who have claimed to have "broke" the ciphers, one almost needs to buy a program to keep up who the current claimant is.
I reckon you are NOT referring to Franklin.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why drag my name along in your mud?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Not dragging you anywhere.
In the past you have posted your solutions of both C1 and C3 which of all "solved" cipher claims presented over the years, seem the most plausible.

That, Franklin, is a compliment.:thumbsup:

No reason to arm the populace with pitchforks and storm the castle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Jack Sparrow
Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
With all those who have claimed to have "broke" the ciphers, one almost needs to buy a program to keep up who the current claimant is.
I reckon you are NOT referring to Franklin.

i am not seeing a lot of people that have claimed to have done that. i have been looking for them all for the last few months and only see 5.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not dragging you anywhere.
In the past you have posted your solutions of both C1 and C3 which of all "solved" cipher claims presented over the years, seem the most plausible.

That, Franklin, is a compliment.:thumbsup:

No reason to arm the populace with pitchforks and storm the castle.

Well for that I thank you. I did have a man and his son came to my home on Thanksgiving Day to compliment me on being the person that had solved the Beale Cyphers. They had flown out to Northern Virginia and then drove down to my home. They said they had to meet the man that deciphered the Beale Cypher Codes. He was quite a wealthy man that loved his work. He lived in a rich neighbor near Beverly Hills, owned his own companies and even worked gold mines in Alaska and all over the Western United States. I told him of the City of Gold in Honduras, told him exactly where to go but he went up the right fork of the river instead of the left. He panned and found gold but he would have found more up the main or left hand fork. He mailed me some of the gold in a Christmas Card. We send Christmas Cards and letters to each other for years and still do. That first year when I copyrighted my pamphlet, I thought it was the best compliment anyone could do was to come to my home on Thanksgiving Day and congratulate me. I will never forget it. I still do believe I deciphered C1 and C3 also C4 correctly. I also re=worked the C2 and found that the author did not write down exactly what he decoded. He wrote thousands when actually all it said was hundreds. Did not make sense a man should have been proud of his decipherment but it seems he wrote it down as though he was not the least bit interested. Like it was just a book?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Jack Sparrow
Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
the nsa documents you guy led me to have some good information. thanks

jean had this one on his site