OP
OP
O

Old Silver

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

Are you referencing the mountains above Buchannon, Virginia where Claudine Fulton Ellis claimed that the spirit of Thomas Jefferson Beale (Beall) led her to where Native Americans tortured and killed TJB and two of his party?
Also, I find it curious that Ellis first saw the "key" letter in 1939 and then again in 1947, but did not realize what is was with her gifted abilities until she read THE HART PAPERS in the 1950's. (The Harts were the first to use "Jefferson" for the initial "J")

NOTE FYI: A notarized affidavit does not confirm or certify the content information given, it only certifies the person signing the affidavit's identity.

She didn't find the letter in 1939, she found it in 1944. And there's nothing strange about her not understanding what it was about until she saw the Beale Papers.

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

I thought a Capt. Richardson was Capt. of the Synia. I have a copy. I will look it up. Capt. Thomas Beall that was a common passenger helped a man by the name of Nash a cook. I remember that much of it.

Yes it was Captain William Richardson and assisted by a Mr. Donuhue. As well as a Major but the later two worked for the Mississippi Territory and only Captain Richardson was over the ship Synia. It was a flat he purchased and was named for his wife or his wife to be named Synia. View attachment 1425305

Also the book, "The Secret Mission of Thomas Jefferson Beall" was a book of fiction while William Richardson's journal is fact. The same goes for Claudine Fulton Ellis' book, it was written as fact and even had several affidavits to verify her story. Affidavits are sworn statements by others to verify that the deed did in fact happen as stated.

Yes, Capt.Thos. J. Beall was a common passenger. There was also a man by the name of Morris. Strange how these same two names are on that list of letters in the Franklin, Mo. post office in 1820.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TJ's son by Sally Hemings is one interesting possibility. We've discussed him here before. Would certainly explain the dark complexion.
YET! There is MORE, about Beverly/Tom... B/T was a LIGHT-SKIN "Black Slave", offered to Lewis & Clark as a SERVANT by TJ; ie, B/T went WEST with 'em, and of course, got "DARKER". During the CONFEDERATE WAR, B/T & ANOTHER TJ/SH son fought for the Yanks in ALL WHITE Units; ANOTHER TJ/SH son DIED before the CONFEDERATE WAR. There was a total of @ 6 "off-springs" of the TJ/SH "Union". JEEPERS!
BTW, Sally & TJ's wife were SISTERS, with the SAME white "slave-master" father; I saw a painted portrait of Sally, & she was BEAUTIFUL! HUBBA, HUBBA! Heh...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
For everyone's information Claudine Fulton Ellis had affadavits about Thomas Jefferson Beall name being on the envelope by her sister thirteen years before she ever saw the George Hart Papers. So ooo
Claudine Fulton Ellis stated that she did not know the significance of the alleged Thomas Jefferson Beall letter when she first saw it and made the copy until she read the Hart Papers.
What is the date on her sisters affidavit and was it a legal document or just a notarized statement?

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

Claudine Fulton Ellis stated that she did not know the significance of the alleged Thomas Jefferson Beall letter when she first saw it and made the copy until she read the Hart Papers.
What is the date on her sisters affidavit and was it a legal document or just a notarized statement?

It's called a witness. It the very thing that people continually ask for, until they have it shown to them, then they have to make up some excuse for how it wouldn't be real or authentic.

What's so hard to believe about a young girl not knowing anything about a name she had never heard of before, until she later seen the name in a story about a treasure?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Claudine said the family still had the Family Bible when I sent her there I sent her looking for the names that were in the back of the Family Bible...
Is this the letter that was carried by George Radar Brugh of the St Louis Planters Hotel by was killed along with his companion by Ebnezer Nelms at the Blackhorse Tavern on Tinker's Creek in Roanoke and said to be placed in a family Bible at that Tavern?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It's called a witness. It the very thing that people continually ask for, until they have it shown to them, then they have to make up some excuse for how it wouldn't be real or authentic.

What's so hard to believe about a young girl not knowing anything about a name she had never heard of before, until she later seen the name in a story about a treasure?
Ellis claims to have met and was directed by the spirit of Thomas Beall, so it stands to reason she would have had an intuitive revelation when she first held, read, and copied this alleged , which of course the original has disappeared as all original letters connected to the Beale tale.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the letter that was carried by George Radar Brugh of the St Louis Planters Hotel by was killed along with his companion by Ebnezer Nelms at the Blackhorse Tavern on Tinker's Creek in Roanoke and said to be placed in a family Bible at that Tavern?

All wrong again.

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

Ellis claims to have met and was directed by the spirit of Thomas Beall, so it stands to reason she would have had an intuitive revelation when she first held, read, and copied this alleged , which of course the original has disappeared as all original letters connected to the Beale tale.

You assume too much.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
All wrong again.
I posted that as a question, not a statement, based on a post you made on another Beale thread.
It is not I whose assumption is too much.
Ellis's "gift" was discussed on the first page of this thread by Franklin. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That you very much. But your statement is still wrong as to what I stated.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
We have the name of the professor, but like you said, Claudine already had spoken to his father, and he didn't know about the letter. It was the professor who told them about his friend in D.C. who was a computer expert, and could do something with the papers to make them easier to read. But then the professor was killed, and who knows what happened to the letter.
That is the major problem with all those who claim they found a connection, be it an iron box or a letter in a Bible or whatever, to the Beale story based on Ward's 1885 published Beale Papers- the item that they base their book upon ALWAYS disappears or no longer exists, and ALWAYS one must accept the existence of said item on that of the author- be it Ward, Hart, Innis, or Ellis.
As for Ellis's 16 notarized affidavits that were presented, and have the look of official statements of truth, a notarized affidavit ONLY CERTIFIES THE IDENITY OF THE SIGNER, NOT THE CONTENTS CONTAINED ON THAT PAPER AS A TRUTHFUL STATEMENT.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WRONG! I have her book, too. Ellis's book has notarized affidavits which are official statements that the events experienced with her are TRUE! Give me a page number, I will tell you what I know; met her at Bedford Historical Society meeting; franklin was there & the two of 'em sat side-by-side selling their Books/CD's. They had PLENTY of time to talk & "compare notes"... I was impressed.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The question is this:
Did anyone of those who gave the notarized signed statement affidavits attest to have actually seen this "missing letter"?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Not relevant? Please explain the purpose of these notarized affidavits to the alleged "missing" Beale letter, the "missing" Beale letter that she claimed to have found in a family Bible, but when she first saw it, she did not relate it to the Beale story.
Is that correct?
When and how did she connect this letter to the Beale story, and did she also include the same name for the "J" in Thomas Beale's name like the Harts?

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Claudine Fulton Ellis has been categorized with the Hart brothers, but if you read her book you'll find that this is not a fair depiction. The Harts were involved in mesmerism, conjuring spirits. Claudine claimed that spirits communicated with her and led her to certain places, but she never claimed to conjure spirits, and she didn't claim psychic powers...

The HART PAPERS mentions "Jefferson" as the middle name for Beale and also mentions the "Planters Hotel" which is also mentioned in Ellis's book.
Neither are mentioned in the original 1885 Beale Papers copyrighted and published by Ward.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not relevant? Please explain the purpose of these notarized affidavits to the alleged "missing" Beale letter, the "missing" Beale letter that she claimed to have found in a family Bible, but when she first saw it, she did not relate it to the Beale story.
Is that correct?
When and how did she connect this letter to the Beale story, and did she also include the same name for the "J" in Thomas Beale's name like the Harts?[/QUOTES]
She was very young when letters were found; "connected" later, when she became "aware". NOT sure of of the "Jefferson" name. She lived in Vinton, Va.; very close to Roanoke, Va. where the Hart Bros. resided; MAYBE she 'em speak of their experiences... dunno.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that correct?
When and how did she connect this letter to the Beale story, and did she also include the same name for the "J" in Thomas Beale's name like the Harts?[/QUOTES]
She was very young when letters were found; "connected" later, when she became "aware". NOT sure of of the "Jefferson" name. She lived in Vinton, Va.; very close to Roanoke, Va. where the Hart Bros. resided; MAYBE she 'em speak of their experiences... dunno.

Ok, now I feel I am up to speed on this foolishness! So she simply found a letter from Cap Beall? The guy that was in the military? Or perhaps Cap Beale that was in New Orleans the owner of the Planters Hotel?

Will looking into this I came across someone who said the last name of Beale was actually Beal in a deciphered Page they were working on? No Jefferson used at all in his name!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread