Claudine Fulton Ellis

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I myself believe Claudine was truthful about the letter. She did find the letter and made a copy of it and her mother made her replace the letter back into the Bible where it was found and had her return it to the dusty attic where it was found.

Claudine also said there was a "MAP" with the letter and she drew so many times on butter paper but the copy kept smearing and she could never make a good copy.
I asked her since she had drawn the "MAP" so many times could she remember what was on the "MAP?" She re-drew the "MAP" and sent me a copy. I researched the copy for over a year. Making about forty trips to Bedford Court House to research the lands on the "MAP" The "MAP" proved to be authentic.

Claudine's "MAP" had circles on it about ten of them about the size of a nickel. Each had letters such as
"CO" "BO" "DO" and others. Only one had just a circle with no letters. Since, these circles all had an "O" except one, Claudine believed that they stood for "ORE" or iron "ORE" mines. I looked them over but I believed they were high elevations or knolls or hills and the "O" stood for land "OWNER" instead of iron "ORE" mines...

Claudine's "MAP" had three small circles smaller than the other ten circles.
Where these three circles were it also said "Oak Tree" with an "X" marking a spot...
A map no one else ever saw but drawn from memory after last being seen as a child, AND with "X" marking the spot.
Can't get more authentic than that.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A map no one else ever saw but drawn from memory after last being seen as a child, AND with "X" marking the spot.
Can't get more authentic than that.

Who ever heard of a treasure map with an "X" on it? Never heard of such a thing before. :icon_scratch:
And besides, it can't be related to the Beale mystery unless it has "TJB" inscribed in it, right? :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Claudine Fulton Ellis told me on many occasions the envelope had in fancy writing small lettering on the bottom right hand side of the envelope "Thomas Jefferson Beale" Also the body above that said "Not to be opened until, June, 1832.
Small fancy writing on the envelope "Thomas Jefferson Beale"- Ward's Beale Papers only had the middle initial "J", the Hart Papers provided the "Jefferson" as well as the mention of the "Planters Hotel".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Who ever heard of a treasure map with an "X" on it? Never heard of such a thing before. :icon_scratch:
And besides, it can't be related to the Beale mystery unless it has "TJB" inscribed in it, right? :laughing7:
Could be that all those nickel sized circles and the "X" were just smears on the slippery butter paper that Ellis first used as a child after her mother made her put the letter back into that very dusty attic.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small fancy writing on the envelope "Thomas Jefferson Beale"- Ward's Beale Papers only had the middle initial "J", the Hart Papers provided the "Jefferson" as well as the mention of the "Planters Hotel".

I would say that because this person has used the Jefferson as the middle name of Beale. That use has only been used once by the Hart's. It is just a simple jump from there to say she was influenced by the Hart's just a touch too much!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that because this person has used the Jefferson as the middle name of Beale. That use has only been used once by the Hart's. It is just a simple jump from there to say she was influenced by the Hart's just a touch too much!

Not really just maybe Claudine Fulton Ellis saw what she says she saw? I know I believe her I have a copy of the map from what she saw.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Jefferson" as a middle name for the "J" and the "Planters Hotel" in St Louis was first mentioned in the HART PAPERS, which is the original source of these names in connection to the Beale story, and both works involved mediums and/or clairvoyants as the foundation of this information.
Coincidence?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Jefferson" as a middle name for the "J" and the "Planters Hotel" in St Louis was first mentioned in the HART PAPERS, which is the original source of these names in connection to the Beale story, and both works involved mediums and/or clairvoyants as the foundation of this information.
Coincidence?

The influence can not be totally excused. It would seem that would be the influence of that particular timeline of first mentioned Hart Papers. Was there some other documents around that used the Jefferson name?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Claudine Fulton Ellis's self published her Beale book in 2007, so yes, by then there were several others books and articles about the Beale treasure utilizing the same information.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Claudine Fulton Ellis's self published her Beale book in 2007, so yes, by then there were several others books and articles about the Beale treasure utilizing the same information.

This leg of the Beale episode from the Hart's is all ways the same spooky crap! It would work with fiction, but with nonfiction it just too much.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...Claudine Fulton Ellis has been categorized with the Hart brothers, but if you read her book you'll find that this is not a fair depiction. The Harts were involved in mesmerism, conjuring spirits.
Claudine claimed that spirits communicated with her and led her to certain places, but she never claimed to conjure spirits, and she didn't claim psychic powers...
Ellis's work is alleged to be based on supernatural contact by spirts- but the "Jefferson" and "Planters Hotel" references were drawn from the HART PAPERS.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Claudine also said there was a "MAP" with the letter and she drew so many times on butter paper but the copy kept smearing and she could never make a good copy.
I asked her since she had drawn the "MAP" so many times could she remember what was on the "MAP?"
She re-drew the "MAP" and sent me a copy...
That map does seem to be based on rather "slippery" information. :laughing7:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ellis's work is alleged to be based on supernatural contact by spirts- but the "Jefferson" and "Planters Hotel" references were drawn from the HART PAPERS.

Wait, I'm trying to contact my Spirit Guide.................. Oops he logged off. LOL Sorry could not resist. Not picking on you ECS, just those that believed in Mediums, ect.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That map does seem to be based on rather "slippery" information. :laughing7:

If you say so but she thought it stood for one thing and I went to the tax office and deed room at the Bedford Court House. I traced every letter from the 1780's up and landowner's lived on the land where the circles were drawn and their names began with that letter. So I will hold it as being TRUE until I get to dig on the property.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This leg of the Beale episode from the Hart's is all ways the same spooky crap!
It would work with fiction, but with nonfiction it just too much.
With fiction, one can easily further the storyline as has been the case with all the "after 1885" Beale books.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked her since she had drawn the "MAP" so many times could she remember what was on the "MAP?" She re-drew the "MAP" and sent me a copy. I researched the copy for over a year.
Making about forty trips to Bedford Court House to research the lands on the "MAP" The "MAP" proved to be authentic.

Claudine's "MAP" had circles on it about ten of them about the size of a nickel. Each had letters such as
"CO" "BO" "DO" and others. Only one had just a circle with no letters.
Since, these circles all had an "O" except one, Claudine believed that they stood for "ORE" or iron "ORE" mines. I looked them over but I believed they were high elevations or knolls or hills and the "O" stood for land "OWNER" instead of iron "ORE" mines...
Claudine Fulton Ellis wanted very much for me to recover the Beale Treasure but circumstances has failed me and I have failed her...
The maps description.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If you say so but she thought it stood for one thing and I went to the tax office and deed room at the Bedford Court House. I traced every letter from the 1780's up and landowner's lived on the land where the circles were drawn and their names began with that letter. So I will hold it as being TRUE until I get to dig on the property.
Overstreet...? You may STILL be able to "dig it"; one Overstreet in that area had a helicopter biz, & would fly you around...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...Claudine Fulton Ellis has been categorized with the Hart brothers, but if you read her book you'll find that this is not a fair depiction. The Harts were involved in mesmerism, conjuring spirits.
Claudine claimed that spirits communicated with her and led her to certain places, but she never claimed to conjure spirits, and she didn't claim psychic powers. Whether or not she was right about the spirits leading her...
Mediums, spirit guides, etc, are all questionable later versions based on Ward's 1885 Beale Papers.
"NUFF SAID"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions