A Simple But Accurate Observation

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Simply Profound Observation:

Cipher solutions, they have come in all manner and form since the day the Beale Papers revealed its amazing story. But as to all of these proposed solutions one only needs to make a simple observation in determining their manufactured inaccuracy.

Note how cleanly C2 is penned, the writer an obvious student of grammar, punctuation, communication and presentation. Now compare all of these proposed solutions for C1, i.e., broken English, illiteracy, and in most cases pure gibberish. This is a sure sing that the compared solutions were in fact, composed, manufactured, arranged, and presented by.....”an entirely different hand”....C2 having been penned by the/an educated author, the proposed solutions for C1 having been penned by “the many hopefuls in the years following the publication.”

This is all you have to look at when evaluating the possible accuracy of these other proposed solutions, the original author of C2 obviously not having had anything to do with all of these other illiterate and extremely poorly presented clear text. Case immediately closed on all of them! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cipher solutions, they have come in all manner and form since the day the Beale Papers revealed its amazing story. But as to all of these proposed solutions one only needs to make a simple observation in determining their manufactured inaccuracy.

Note how cleanly C2 is penned, the writer an obvious student of grammar, punctuation, communication and presentation. Now compare all of these proposed solutions for C1, i.e., broken English, illiteracy, and in most cases pure gibberish. This is a sure sing that the compared solutions were in fact, composed, manufactured, arranged, and presented by.....”an entirely different hand”....C2 having been penned by the/an educated author, the proposed solutions for C1 having been penned by “the many hopefuls in the years following the publication.”

This is all you have to look at when evaluating the possible accuracy of these other proposed solutions, the original author of C2 obviously not having had anything to do with all of these other illiterate and extremely poorly presented clear text. Case immediately closed on all of them! :icon_thumright:

The above is a real back-breaker that leaves most hopefuls without reply or reasonable explanation, the assumption being left that the original author suddenly went illiterate when coding the remaining ciphers. And it leaves these hopefuls without reasonable reply for good and sound reason......

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My decipherment is plain text. It is nothing like Bowman's, Smith&Jones, Tony Brothers or any of the others. I do believe my decipherment is the real deal whether others do or not.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
Franklin, is there any chance you could start a thread detailing how you deciphered the codes? I for one would love to see the thought process behind your decipherment.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000

Perhaps the cipher solutions are not obtained correctly, thereby resulting in broken English, etc.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
My decipherment is plain text. It is nothing like Bowman's, Smith&Jones, Tony Brothers or any of the others. I do believe my decipherment is the real deal whether others do or not.
If you solved the ciphers that led you to Upper Goose Creek where you found an empty hole but recovered the two coins you mentioned, and believe this to be the Beale treasure , why do you continue to search for proof concerning the Beale "mystery"?
How many times has it been stated on these Beale threads that recovery is the ONLY proof?
If indeed the empty hole and the two coins were connected to Beale, isn't this your proof?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you deciphered C1 and it told you where the treasure was located and you found a large hole dug over six foot deep and measured about twelve or fifteen feet across and it was exactly where C1 told you it was and you found two silver coins, celebration wine bottles and later large kettles found down the branch near Goose Creek and four miles from Bufords but no treasure other than the two silver coins would you not want to prove or disapprove the Beale Treasure to verify if the treasure had really been dug up or whether the story actually happened or not. Well for me I am not satisfied until I either solve the mystery or have the treasure in the back of my pickup truck. Then and only then can I be satisfied.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps the cipher solutions are not obtained correctly, thereby resulting in broken English, etc.

Well, that is certainly one of the routine hopes of the hopefuls, that by some fantastic and extremely unlikely event the original coder of those three ciphers suddenly experienced a stroke just after coding C2, this explaining why he made so many darn mistakes in C1 & C3. This stroke apparently also explaining why he coded C2 before C1 in out of order fashion, no wait, he couldn't have had the stroke until after he had coded C2, so never mind, that won't work. Look, if people want to believe that C2 was copied perfectly and then C1 & C3 were copied after the transcriber went completely blind, well, I guess they will. Or if they want to believe that the original coder went completely illiterate after coding C2 first and out of order, well, I guess they will. I think it just shows that people will believe anything when they have the need and the desire and the blind hope to somehow make it all real.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you deciphered C1 and it told you where the treasure was located and you found a large hole dug over six foot deep and measured about twelve or fifteen feet across and it was exactly where C1 told you it was and you found two silver coins, celebration wine bottles and later large kettles found down the branch near Goose Creek and four miles from Bufords but no treasure other than the two silver coins would you not want to prove or disapprove the Beale Treasure to verify if the treasure had really been dug up or whether the story actually happened or not. Well for me I am not satisfied until I either solve the mystery or have the treasure in the back of my pickup truck. Then and only then can I be satisfied.
Based on what you posted, doesn't look like it will be in your pickup truck anytime soon.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think one would have better odds of catching the Leprechaun and seizing his pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dunno, those "Leppies" can be NASTY buggers! I've seen the movies! :laughing7: WORSE than Pirates, they are...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made three "keys" to decipher what I got out of C1. If you find these three "keys" you can substitute how you think TJB would have started out to tell RM where the treasure was buried and you can also check to see if what you started with is close to be right. The first line and the ciphers in the first line will reveal these three "keys" inside C1. Look for the ciphers of the first line that repeat and you will have the three "keys" It took me three and one half years after finding the three "keys" to get it right enough to go find the excavation. But whether the story is true or not is still open for conjecture?

71,194,38,83, 84,16, are some of the ciphers.

If you start C1 out saying "The treasure is four miles north of the Inn. On down in the code you will find the same repeat ciphers saying, "across a branch" and some other lines. I will find my sheets how I did it. You must remember this was almost 30 years ago.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Note how cleanly C2 is penned, the writer an obvious student of grammar, punctuation, communication and presentation. Now compare all of these proposed solutions for C1, i.e., broken English, illiteracy, and in most cases pure gibberish...

This is all you have to look at when evaluating the possible accuracy of these other proposed solutions, the original author of C2 obviously not having had anything to do with all of these other illiterate and extremely poorly presented clear text...
...and the obvious difference between the supplied DOI "solved" C2 cipher, and all the various presented "solved" C1 & C3 ciphers, many as Bigscoop noted as bad English or plain gibberish, and the fact that no two of these solutions contain the same message, proves the point being made by Bigscoop.
The other highly noticeable aspect of these "solutions" is that they all reflect the expectations of the codebreaker, if one believes it will a location 4 miles from Buford's, the "solve" will reflect that, a Freemason message, an epitaph, and so on.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made three "keys" to decipher what I got out of C1. If you find these three "keys" you can substitute how you think TJB would have started out to tell RM where the treasure was buried and you can also check to see if what you started with is close to be right. The first line and the ciphers in the first line will reveal these three "keys" inside C1. Look for the ciphers of the first line that repeat and you will have the three "keys" It took me three and one half years after finding the three "keys" to get it right enough to go find the excavation. But whether the story is true or not is still open for conjecture?

71,194,38,83, 84,16, are some of the ciphers.

If you start C1 out saying "The treasure is four miles north of the Inn. On down in the code you will find the same repeat ciphers saying, "across a branch" and some other lines. I will find my sheets how I did it. You must remember this was almost 30 years ago.

You're still speaking as if the story is true, and it clearly isn't. You already know this, so Beale never gave Morriss an iron box, no ciphers, no treasure, etc.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're still speaking as if the story is true, and it clearly isn't. You already know this, so Beale never gave Morriss an iron box, no ciphers, no treasure, etc.

No, I was revealing a way that cipher codes can and will be broken. If you substitute words into the first sentence, since we already know what the maker of the codes wanted to say, then we can see if our first sentence is correct by using the repeat ciphers on down in the code sheet. Once you get other words they will give you other ciphers and their corresponding letter and this will solve other words until eventually you can solve the coded paper. Quite elementary but it does work. This is the only way substitution ciphers can be solved without a "KEY"

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I was revealing a way that cipher codes can and will be broken. If you substitute words into the first sentence, since we already know what the maker of the codes wanted to say, then we can see if our first sentence is correct by using the repeat ciphers on down in the code sheet. Once you get other words they will give you other ciphers and their corresponding letter and this will solve other words until eventually you can solve the coded paper. Quite elementary but it does work. This is the only way substitution ciphers can be solved without a "KEY"

Solved? Or "accurately solved?" Yes, sure, anyone can create a solve using random and/or selective process, but without an actual key you're only kidding yourself as to the possible accuracy of those solves. If you think you can do it without the correct key, especially ciphers of this length and this broad, then buy yourself a lottery ticket and spend it before you win. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FORGET BC # 1 & 3; FORGET the "JOB PRINT"/Beale PAPERS Pamphlet... "see" through the decoded BC # 2 & know that there is a "Thomas Jefferson" connection (2 of his sons with Sally Hemings fought for the Yanks during the CONFEDERATE WAR). We have a "missing" "Beale Treasure"; we have a "missing" CSA Treasury... I think they are THE SAME, for Virginia! I think the "Beale Treasure" WAS the CSA Treasury for the WESTERN portion of Virginia, to "store" in 1863 & 1865 to enhance Lynchburg, Va., & rebuild Lexington, Va./VMI. PV alluded to this in his last book on the "Beale Treasure", a FACTION "novel"... CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP: Duty, Honor, & Deceit; ALSO in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY; Chapter 22, Mexican War & Confederacy. Check out pg. 168-173... "Would any outsider find the treasure? UNLIKELY. One set of ciphers nobly alluded to naming legitimate claimants of the treasure (BC # 1). The third set of ciphers would tell EXACTLY where it was (BC # 3). NEITHER of these two sets of ciphers were legitimate, NOR SOLVABLE. THEY were ONLY serving to help create the COVER. They remain today UNSOLVED, because they were NEVER real messages"; pg. 172-173. IMHO, I concur... :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread