Another True Believer Dodge

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, I know you don't want to hear this but here it comes, so pay attention!

The entire premises of the tale is that in 1821, to insure proper distribution of the funds to the appropriate families and friends, etc., a man by the name of Thomas Beale left three ciphers in the hands of someone trustworthy and capable, this being a man named Morriss.

Now by his own advice to Morriss, these ciphers, with the proper key, would be “easily solved” and the “vital task” of Morriss easily undertaken.

Now, as the story is told, some years later Morriss opened the box and he retrieved the three ciphers, only to hand them over to someone else for their completion. And, once the correct key was supposedly in hand C2 is effortlessly decoded to reveal an easy to understand, grammatically correct solution, just as the author and Beale's “alleged” letter's suggest and advise.

However, the remaining two ciphers, to this very date, produce only gibberish and have been proven beyond shadow of doubt that they cannot possibly contain a grammatically correct solution as presented. So here it comes, the big question you all have to face...
“Why, if ease of distribution and proper delivery were so important, as the story details, would Beale create two ciphers, C1 & C3, that Morriss would have absolutely no chance of ever solving?” :laughing7:

Fellas, you've all been hoodwinked, the story can't possibly be true, the ciphers can't possibly hold a clean and grammatically correct clear text as presented, and so on and so on. Again, why would Beale leave such important and vital affairs in the hands of his last hope only to hand that last chance two ciphers with zero chance of ever being decoded, even with the correct “key?”

Time some of you seriously entertain this all-too painful question and reality. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wife & I will on June 24th... Beale Brewery & BBQ will then be open in Bedford City; it was on the Channel 13 news, tonite

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...Time some of you seriously entertain this all-too painful question and reality.
"Unanswered is the question as to why he (Ward) wrote the story".
Lt Thomas Fawcett letter to Col William Friedman, April 30, 1949

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless who wrote it, (something else that will forever be debated as if life depends on it but will never be proven), just more of the same hook & nudge to keep people infatuated and guessing. :icon_thumleft:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and the infatuated will always continue to force actual unrelated events to perpetuate their never ending search for the "true" story behind the job print pamphlet version, repeating it over and over expecting it to be accepted as and become proof.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Wife & I will on June 24th... Beale Brewery & BBQ will then be open in Bedford City ...
Beale's Gold on tap, pitmasters cooking a whole hog, LOW LOW CHARIOT to perform,- should be a great time ! :icon_thumright:
Have one for Franklin, Scoop, and me.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Heh... will do. OPEN at 12 NOON; LLC is performing 1-3:30 pm... BE THERE! 3 guys playing Country, & LP/CD from Nashville is coming soon. Then wife & I are going to the Beach Fest, 2017 in Lynchburg, Va. afterwards; On the River Front...The EMBERS, BAND OF OZ! Shake yer BOOTIES & do THE SHAG! HA! Of course, if it rains...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok guys,...Time some of you seriously entertain ... :thumbsup:
Well we could put a band together, call it THOMAS J BEALE & THE PERILOUS ADVENTURERS and become the house band at Beale Brewery & BBQ!
That would be serious entertainment. :headbang:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well we could put a band together, call it THOMAS J BEALE & THE PERILOUS ADVENTURERS and become the house band at Beale Brewery & BBQ!
That would be serious entertainment. :headbang:
I LIKE it! Will start writing songs, again... as long as I have "Spell-Check"... heh. AND! The "pay" is all the BEALE GOLD (brew) ya want & BUFFALO JERKY...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! The restaurant has a BIG old map of BEDFORD COUNTY, VA. that ya can throw darts at... the holes already dug, pissing off the farmers of Bedford County, Va. PV will be there "in the SPIRIT"... be LISTENING! "Google" Finding Beale's Gold & Beale's Gold by John Barnhart, reporter for Bedford Bulletin newspaper. HH! Good Luck! :tongue3:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
L'burg News & Advance (newspaper), TODAY! "Large brewery, restaurant to open in Bedford ("google" it).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions