Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
But that's just it Reb, that concrete proof is there, and in documented form. You see, if the author penned it, and what he penned is neither accurate or factual, then guess what. But true believers simply deny all of this mounting concrete evidence, they try to find excuses for the author's inaccuracies and deceptions rather then to accept that the story is just another treasure tale. It's the lack of any evidence whatsoever in support of the tale that permits them to continue to believe, despite all the evidence to the contrary. :icon_thumleft:
NOPE, not in "documented form"...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
One can not document fiction with non fictional documentation. :nono:
Unless of course, one was to write a book that was fiction based on 99% truth! :evil5:
But that would be taking the strawman hayride to the red herring fish fry by way of the rabbit hole turning left onto the yellow brick road to the lost highway in the search of more light. :offtheair:
That's YOUR opinion... not "documented proof".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
May be my opinion, but no documented proof exists for any work of fiction that can prove that fiction story true.
Unless of course, you can produce one example to prove otherwise.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
May be my opinion, but no documented proof exists for any work of fiction that can prove that fiction story true.
Unless of course, you can produce one example to prove otherwise.
LOL! Don't have to; YOU have to PROVE your "case"...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple...
One can produce a doctored newspaper add like Robert N Williams, say they saw the missing "key" letter of Beale like Ellis or the famous iron box and show a torn slop of numbers covered paper, per Innis. or empty wine bottles and 30 gal salt brine pots- it is very easy to manufacture provenance when writing a book on Beale due to the vagueness of the presented plausible information and purposeful discrepancies in the pamphlet's narrative text.
...and MOST IMPORTANT, once the Beale provenance it presented, it disappears, never to be seen again.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The Proof is the highly conspicuous absence of any and all evidence.
NOPE... just your opinion(s); do you have proof of "doctored/manufactured" provenance/PURPOSEFUL discrepancies...? NOPE... just your opinions; AND! Kinda BULLYING around, are ya...?

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... It's the lack of any evidence whatsoever in support of the tale that permits them to continue to believe, despite all the evidence to the contrary.
...and that is most evident in the rash of posts demanding documented proof to prove that what never happened, NEVER HAPPENED!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... that concrete proof is there, and in documented form. You see, if the author penned it, and what he penned is neither accurate or factual, then guess what.
But true believers simply deny all of this mounting concrete evidence, they try to find excuses for the author's inaccuracies and deceptions rather then to accept that the story is just another treasure tale.
It's the lack of any evidence whatsoever in support of the tale that permits them to continue to believe, despite all the evidence to the contrary.
...and they continue to search for and in the mind, "discover" new promising leads that never materialize as promised.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. But the fun is in the hunt. A hunter goes out deer hunting shoots a large buck in five minutes and goes back home. He did not get to have the fun of the hunt like a hunter that hunts all day and gets his prize five minutes before going home. I love the hunt.

Just like a ship's captain. He does not get to be a good captain with calm seas.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Being "Locals", WE can do "Boots-on-the-Ground(s)" hunts... (GREAT exercise, too); "arm-chair" hunters... LOL! THEY get FAT & get "airs" about 'em...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
...and they continue to search for and in the mind, "discover" new promising leads that never materialize as promised.
WHO is that statement "directed" at...? What I do is look at the ppl involved in the "Beale" Story, as others are, too. I don't see any promises being made... in MY case, I think that I have found the estate of Harry Wright, north of Fancy Farm. Wife & I once looked at a rental in that area, and the house was too small; at the base of a mountain, next to a lake (once known as Bedford Lake... owned by B'ford P & R); now privately owned... have it on an old map of Bedford County, Va. The rental would have been GREAT for one person; a SENTINEL...? There IS a legend that the Beale Treasure was at the bottom of a lake, near Peaks of Otter. Wife & I went through what appeared to be GIANT Front Entry "pillars" to get into it; I DO NOT recall any old foundations, etc.; I would go back... BUT! Privately owned now...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
WHO is that statement "directed" at...? ...
A general statement of observation, everyone who makes claims of "new" discoveries concerning the Beale story posting "teasers" without ever following through with this "new" information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread