Provenance List

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple. However, keep in mind that all he-said-she-said, assumption, and speculation ISN'T provenance. I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it. So if you want to be believed, or if you want to be taken seriously, then it's now or never. So you either got it or you don't. (And don't bother to post that you're not going to post that provenance in order to protect it, at this juncture that's just the same as saying, "Nope. I ain't got any either.") :laughing7:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple. However, keep in mind that all he-said-she-said, assumption, and speculation ISN'T provenance. I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it. So if you want to be believed, or if you want to be taken seriously, then it's now or never. So you either got it or you don't. (And don't bother to post that you're not going to post that provenance in order to protect it, at this juncture that's just the same as saying, "Nope. I ain't got any either.") :laughing7:
Do YOU...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! We can't even prove that YOU really exist; sure, you're on "paper" (here)... BUT!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it...
...Or it could have been swept from the floor of the Virginia Print shop by John William Sherman after he finished setting the type for the job print pamphlet.
...and the iron box was used as a door stop by the Otey family...
Yeah, that's the ticket! :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin claims to have found something recently at where the widows Saunders home was located that identifies the mysterious "unknown author" and proves his writing of the manuscript that he presented was true.
Waiting on the provenance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin claims to have found something recently at where the widows Saunders home was located that identifies the mysterious "unknown author" and proves his writing of the manuscript that he presented was true.
Waiting on the provenance.

It ain't here, is it.....:laughing7: If I had a dollar for every time this type of premature claim was made I'd be sitting fat.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! So HERE we go... define "provenance" (FANCY word, there)... THEN! Turning THAT table over on YOU, YOU provide PROVENANCE that the "story" is NOT true... LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF; I want to see DOCUMENTS, etc. PROVING it. Heh..

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! So HERE we go... define "provenance" (FANCY word, there)... THEN! Turning THAT table over on YOU, YOU provide PROVENANCE that the "story" is NOT true... LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF; I want to see DOCUMENTS, etc. PROVING it. Heh..
QUESTION:
If "LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF" that the events in the Beale narrative never actually happened, what is?
How does one produce non-existing documents for non-existent events?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I DON'T believe that the "Beale Journey" happened; have NO proof, & don't care... YOU must provide CONCRETE documents (NOT opinions) that the "Beale Journey" DID NOT happen...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DON'T believe that the "Beale Journey" happened; have NO proof, & don't care... YOU must provide CONCRETE documents (NOT opinions) that the "Beale Journey" DID NOT happen...

But that's just it Reb, that concrete proof is there, and in documented form. You see, if the author penned it, and what he penned is neither accurate or factual, then guess what. But true believers simply deny all of this mounting concrete evidence, they try to find excuses for the author's inaccuracies and deceptions rather then to accept that the story is just another treasure tale. It's the lack of any evidence whatsoever in support of the tale that permits them to continue to believe, despite all the evidence to the contrary. :icon_thumleft:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YOUR opinion... I want HARD PROOF from you; you have over 20 years of research; WHERE is your DOCUMENTED "proof"...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread