Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Provenance List

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    6794 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Provenance List

OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple. However, keep in mind that all he-said-she-said, assumption, and speculation ISN'T provenance. I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it. So if you want to be believed, or if you want to be taken seriously, then it's now or never. So you either got it or you don't. (And don't bother to post that you're not going to post that provenance in order to protect it, at this juncture that's just the same as saying, "Nope. I ain't got any either.")
    Last edited by bigscoop; Jun 14, 2017 at 05:27 PM.
    ECS and Rebel - KGC like this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    10124 times
    Virginia is a real place!
    http:// https://www.virginia.gov/government/

My fame already feels fleeting though......
    ECS, Rebel - KGC and bigscoop like this.

Jun 2007
    7043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple. However, keep in mind that all he-said-she-said, assumption, and speculation ISN'T provenance. I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it. So if you want to be believed, or if you want to be taken seriously, then it's now or never. So you either got it or you don't. (And don't bother to post that you're not going to post that provenance in order to protect it, at this juncture that's just the same as saying, "Nope. I ain't got any either.")
    Do YOU...?
    bigscoop likes this.

Jun 2007
    7043 times
    HA! We can't even prove that YOU really exist; sure, you're on "paper" (here)... BUT!
    franklin and bigscoop like this.

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    6794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    Virginia is a real place!
    http:// https://www.virginia.gov/government/

My fame already feels fleeting though......
    Well, since Virginia actually existed then I guess the entire story must be true...........you make a good point, apparently a lot of folks running with that.
    Rebel - KGC and franklin like this.

Jun 2007
    7043 times
    Sweet Home, VIRGINIA!

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    6987 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    ... I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it...
    ...Or it could have been swept from the floor of the Virginia Print shop by John William Sherman after he finished setting the type for the job print pamphlet.
    ...and the iron box was used as a door stop by the Otey family...
    Yeah, that's the ticket!
    franklin and Rebel - KGC like this.

Jun 2007
    7043 times
    "Scoop", the SNIPER is BACK!

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    6987 times
    Franklin claims to have found something recently at where the widows Saunders home was located that identifies the mysterious "unknown author" and proves his writing of the manuscript that he presented was true.
    Waiting on the provenance.
    Last edited by ECS; Jun 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    6794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Franklin claims to have found something recently at where the widows Saunders home was located that identifies the mysterious "unknown author" and proves his writing of the manuscript that he presented was true.
    Waiting on the provenance.
    It ain't here, is it..... If I had a dollar for every time this type of premature claim was made I'd be sitting fat.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    7043 times
    It ain't here, is it..... If I had a dollar for every time this type of premature claim was made I'd be sitting fat.
    Need a "crash diet", eh...?
    franklin likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    6794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Need a "crash diet", eh...?
    Yep!.........it's like a huge smorgasbord of whipped up Beale concoctions and fixn's.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    7043 times
    LOL! So HERE we go... define "provenance" (FANCY word, there)... THEN! Turning THAT table over on YOU, YOU provide PROVENANCE that the "story" is NOT true... LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF; I want to see DOCUMENTS, etc. PROVING it. Heh..
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jun 30, 2017 at 06:32 PM.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    6987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    LOL! So HERE we go... define "provenance" (FANCY word, there)... THEN! Turning THAT table over on YOU, YOU provide PROVENANCE that the "story" is NOT true... LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF; I want to see DOCUMENTS, etc. PROVING it. Heh..
    QUESTION:
    If "LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF" that the events in the Beale narrative never actually happened, what is?
    How does one produce non-existing documents for non-existent events?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    7043 times
    Good question... you STILL have NO proof, then.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links