Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Provenance List

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    12,462
    6794 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Provenance List

    OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple. However, keep in mind that all he-said-she-said, assumption, and speculation ISN'T provenance. I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it. So if you want to be believed, or if you want to be taken seriously, then it's now or never. So you either got it or you don't. (And don't bother to post that you're not going to post that provenance in order to protect it, at this juncture that's just the same as saying, "Nope. I ain't got any either.")
    Last edited by bigscoop; Jun 14, 2017 at 05:27 PM.
    ECS and Rebel - KGC like this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

    May 2012
    9,360
    10124 times
    Virginia is a real place!
    http:// https://www.virginia.gov/government/

    My fame already feels fleeting though......
    ECS, Rebel - KGC and bigscoop like this.

  3. #3

    Jun 2007
    17,126
    7043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple. However, keep in mind that all he-said-she-said, assumption, and speculation ISN'T provenance. I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it. So if you want to be believed, or if you want to be taken seriously, then it's now or never. So you either got it or you don't. (And don't bother to post that you're not going to post that provenance in order to protect it, at this juncture that's just the same as saying, "Nope. I ain't got any either.")
    Do YOU...?
    bigscoop likes this.

  4. #4

    Jun 2007
    17,126
    7043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    OK, here's your chance to make yourself famous in all Beale circles, and beyond. All you have to do is to post a single point of provenance in support of the adventure or treasure related details in the Beale narration. That's it. It's that simple. However, keep in mind that all he-said-she-said, assumption, and speculation ISN'T provenance. I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it. So if you want to be believed, or if you want to be taken seriously, then it's now or never. So you either got it or you don't. (And don't bother to post that you're not going to post that provenance in order to protect it, at this juncture that's just the same as saying, "Nope. I ain't got any either.")
    HA! We can't even prove that YOU really exist; sure, you're on "paper" (here)... BUT!
    franklin and bigscoop like this.

  5. #5
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    12,462
    6794 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    Virginia is a real place!
    http:// https://www.virginia.gov/government/

    My fame already feels fleeting though......
    Well, since Virginia actually existed then I guess the entire story must be true...........you make a good point, apparently a lot of folks running with that.
    Rebel - KGC and franklin like this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  6. #6

    Jun 2007
    17,126
    7043 times
    Sweet Home, VIRGINIA!

  7. #7
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    6,461
    6987 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    ... I'm betting nobody can post anything, and with good reason. Because there isn't any actual provenance in support of any of it...
    ...Or it could have been swept from the floor of the Virginia Print shop by John William Sherman after he finished setting the type for the job print pamphlet.
    ...and the iron box was used as a door stop by the Otey family...
    Yeah, that's the ticket!
    franklin and Rebel - KGC like this.

  8. #8

    Jun 2007
    17,126
    7043 times
    "Scoop", the SNIPER is BACK!

  9. #9
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    6,461
    6987 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Franklin claims to have found something recently at where the widows Saunders home was located that identifies the mysterious "unknown author" and proves his writing of the manuscript that he presented was true.
    Waiting on the provenance.
    Last edited by ECS; Jun 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  10. #10
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    12,462
    6794 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Franklin claims to have found something recently at where the widows Saunders home was located that identifies the mysterious "unknown author" and proves his writing of the manuscript that he presented was true.
    Waiting on the provenance.
    It ain't here, is it..... If I had a dollar for every time this type of premature claim was made I'd be sitting fat.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  11. #11

    Jun 2007
    17,126
    7043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    It ain't here, is it..... If I had a dollar for every time this type of premature claim was made I'd be sitting fat.
    Need a "crash diet", eh...?
    franklin likes this.

  12. #12
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    12,462
    6794 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Need a "crash diet", eh...?
    Yep!.........it's like a huge smorgasbord of whipped up Beale concoctions and fixn's.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  13. #13

    Jun 2007
    17,126
    7043 times
    LOL! So HERE we go... define "provenance" (FANCY word, there)... THEN! Turning THAT table over on YOU, YOU provide PROVENANCE that the "story" is NOT true... LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF; I want to see DOCUMENTS, etc. PROVING it. Heh..
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jun 30, 2017 at 06:32 PM.

  14. #14
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    6,461
    6987 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    LOL! So HERE we go... define "provenance" (FANCY word, there)... THEN! Turning THAT table over on YOU, YOU provide PROVENANCE that the "story" is NOT true... LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF; I want to see DOCUMENTS, etc. PROVING it. Heh..
    QUESTION:
    If "LACK OF EVIDENCE is NOT PROOF" that the events in the Beale narrative never actually happened, what is?
    How does one produce non-existing documents for non-existent events?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  15. #15

    Jun 2007
    17,126
    7043 times
    Good question... you STILL have NO proof, then.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: May 29, 2017, 01:48 PM
  2. Ideas of provenance for Non Florida, Non Personal Finds?
    By tomclark in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2014, 03:49 PM
  3. Provenance
    By mainejman in forum North American Indian Artifacts
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 07, 2014, 11:14 PM
  4. Replies: 84
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2013, 09:39 PM
  5. Importance of Provenance and Value
    By Cappy Z. in forum Rocks/Gems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2009, 08:01 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0