Hopeful Decoders Take Note! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Hopeful Decoders Take Note!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    15599 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Good lord, Franklin, there is never any mention of two small pieces of paper....only a "missing unintelligible piece of paper"....to which you have somehow manifested into "two small pieces of paper that needed decoded." Clearly you're just manufacturing things and creating fantasy treasure solves as you go. "Unintelligible" doesn't necessarily mean that it needs decoded, what it means is that the contents of the paper has no intelligible meaning by itself. This could be anything, even a piece of paper with completely random numbers, letters, words, or even symbols on it, or a combination of these things. Two small pieces of paper that needed decoded? Where, pray-tell, did that come from?
    What YOU don't understand BS, is that it WAS one piece of "missing paper", torn in half in such a way that TWO partners could "match" the two torn pieces, TOGETHER! DIG...? When the two "pieces" are put together... BINGO! THEY MATCH!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 23, 2018 at 08:39 AM.
    franklin likes this.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    9028 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    What YOU don't understand BS, is that it WAS one piece of "missing paper", torn in half in such a way that TWO partners could "match" the two torn pieces, TOGETHER! DIG...? When the two "pieces" are put together... BINGO! THEY MATCH!
    But, there is no mention of two small pieces of paper. Where is that referenced in the narration?
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Jun 2007
    15599 times
    AGAIN! It WAS one "missing piece of paper"; later, torn in half, making it TWO pieces of paper, as "franklin" said... DUH!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 23, 2018 at 07:34 PM.
    franklin likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    29153 times
    AGAIN! It WAS one "missing piece of paper"; later, torn in half, making it TWO pieces of paper, as "franklin" said... DUH!
    The " Mispah" papers! ( Oy vey...).
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    9028 times
    DUH, once again, where does it tell of this tearing in half "in the only original source material?" I never read any of that in the narration? So, where is it stated that "a single missing piece of paper was torn in half?" Where did that information come from? DUH....

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18236 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Could it be the torn slip of numbers covered paper that Pauline Innis was shown by an Otey family member a meeting that was arranged by George Hart, author of the HART PAPERS?
    franklin likes this.

Jun 2007
    15599 times
    COULD BE!
    franklin likes this.

Jun 2007
    15599 times
    DUH, once again, where does it tell of this tearing in half "in the only original source material?" I never read any of that in the narration? So, where is it stated that "a single missing piece of paper was torn in half?" Where did that information come from? DUH....
    YEP! "The Beale Story "narration" has ONE missing piece of paper; ECS is correct about two pieces of paper with NUMBERS & "CIRCLES"... Did the Hart Bros. tear the "missing piece of paper" (narration) in "half"...? Dunno...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 24, 2018 at 08:17 AM.
    franklin likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    9028 times
    YEP! "The Beale Story "narration" has ONE missing piece of paper; ECS is correct about two pieces of paper with NUMBERS & "CIRCLES"... Did the Hart Bros. tear the "missing piece of paper" (narration) in "half"...? Dunno...
    We have "alleged" statements from both Morriss and the unknown author in the narration, (which I have posted several times), as to the contents of the iron box, the piece of paper that you refer is never mentioned as having ever having been in the iron box. Aside from the letters and ciphers the only other referenced item was some old receipts, no mention of this other piece of paper? So now this piece of paper that you and Franklin and ECS question becomes a matter of he-said-she-said, in no way can it be taken as fact. Not only this, but where did the "torn in half" come from? Is this just more unsupported speculation and he-said-she-said?

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18236 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    NOTICE I qualified my statement with "could be".

us

Jun 2010
    9028 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    NOTICE I qualified my statement with "could be".
    I took that for granted.....

May 2016
    234 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I have deciphered those two small pieces of paper years ago. They are a map to a stone formation on top of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Is the treasure there? I don't know? Because it is out of the four mile range from Buford's Tavern.
    Franklin if it is outside the 4 mile range, is it within the NSA's 5 mile range?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    7626 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Gates View Post
    Franklin if it is outside the 4 mile range, is it within the NSA's 5 mile range?
    Benjamin, That is a tough question to answer. It is within four miles of "Bufords" By this I mean the author left that open to different locations. There were Bufford's all over the valley and all the way into Bedford City or Liberty, depending on the time frame. Now if the author was talking about Buford's were the town of Montvale sprang up from Buford's Depot, then yes it is out of the four mile or the five mile range.

But if you take "Buford's" meaning Buford's what? Then there are other locations. Now Paschal Buford bought Fancy Farm and if the author was talking about Buford's Fancy Farm then yes it is within the four mile or the five mile range. The author could have meant Buford's Ordinary, Buford's Tavern, Buford's Church, Buford's Depot, I mean it left it wide open. But most treasure hunter's think the author was talking about Buford's where Paschal Buford and Henry his father before him, kept a bed and breakfast for weary travelers. So I really do not know. If we do not find something in writing verifying the story then it is a hopeless cause.

Even treasure hunters get this location wrong. Pauline Innis found an old Monroe Map that had Bufford's up near Bufford's Gap about four miles west of present Buford's Depot or Montvale. You take the decayed chimney where everyone says the tavern was located. Well yes it was there and it is still there. The old decayed chimney was the kitchen behind the tavern. The tavern is still there and the Howell Family uses it to store supplies for their business.
    Last edited by franklin; Feb 24, 2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Rebel - KGC and Ryano like this.

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    And now for those of you who are silently viewing this thread and scratching you chins and heads let us take a look at this missing unintelligible piece of paper that the author says still needs to be brought to light.

A) Is it another cipher? No, because we already have everything we need in C1, C2, C3, these containing the who, the what, and the where.
    B) Is it another written key in the form of a text? No, because if it were a text then it would be intelligible and not "unintelligible."
    3) What else then, could it be?
    Can we revive this thread?

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    What do you mean missing piece of unintelligible paper? Is that the Pauline Innis thing? Can I see it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links