Hunting "Beale" Treasure aound Monvale, Va. & BRP...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Rebel KGC, thanks.

Cheyenne Joe was a highly intelligent man. I must have made hundreds of trips up to Montvale and Bedford City to hunt with him.

I never will forget the time we were hunting and digging off of the Parkway property lines. We did not know the owner if any. While we were digging these five or six hound dogs had been barking at a distance and then came into our area. The hound dogs were bear dogs hunting for bears and antennae around their neck so the hunters could relocate the dogs if they got lost.

Joe got all excited and said them d--- dogs has got video cameras on them. Let us get out of here. We covered over the hole and was going to come back in a few days to finish our dig. We took our tools, ropes, chains, hand saw and a come-a-long and hid them among the rocks and fallen logs. That night bears dug out all of the ropes and chains and had them scattered all over. The come-a-long had not been bothered but the hand saw which was about 20 inches long had been bitten by one of the bears. I guess it got cut on it. Anyway the teeth marks were deep and we had to straighten the saw. We had a lot of good outings and discoveries. I miss those days when the hunting was an adventure.

PS The day in my other post when we made a complete circle was the day I almost got my right leg took off. A rope snapped on a chain we had on a huge stone. The stone was about four feet wide, eight feet long and three or four feet thick. When the rope snapped the come-a-long's two pound hook hit my leg on it's way about two hundred feet down the hill. Had the whole come-a-long hit me I would most likely not be here today.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will there be additional information on "Indian" Joseph Duran and his mystical Beale hunt?

ECS, This will be my last post answer to you if you do not start acting civil and contribute to the threads instead of trying to railroad every thread to your dime novel crap. Give it a break you have already ruined every thread on this forum and you have ran off every poster that wants to get on here and state their experiences or their thoughts on the Beale Treasure. yes you have the right to your opinion but please place it on your own thread and if anyone wants to bicker or argue with you then they can go there. I do not know why moderators put up with same o crap over and over. We can not even get a thread started then you come in and try to throw vinegar on it. If you continue I will permanently place you on ignore. I don't want to. I want to read what others think on the matter but we already know a thousand times what you think.

If you notice on several threads you have made and dug up partial post of mine and tried to dig out information from me. I do not have to give you any hard information. We can get on here and discuss the information but we do not have to give you our research that confirms this information. Now you can howl over and over and post over and over and you still will have nothing. So stop profiling me and stop bullying me and just stop posting about me all together.

It is against forum policy to post names of people on this forum. Their handles are fine if they are a member but this man is not even on here and I do not know if he is still alive. But you need to start respecting people. People as long as they are alive deserve respect and you have not shown me any over the past couple of years. This needs to stop and stop today.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS...

If you notice on several threads you have made and dug up partial post of mine and tried to dig out information from me. I do not have to give you any hard information. We can get on here and discuss the information but we do not have to give you our research that confirms this information. Now you can howl over and over and post over and over and you still will have nothing. So stop profiling me and stop bullying me and just stop posting about me all together.

It is against forum policy to post names of people on this forum. Their handles are fine if they are a member but this man is not even on here and I do not know if he is still alive. But you need to start respecting people. People as long as they are alive deserve respect and you have not shown me any over the past couple of years. This needs to stop and stop today.
All I asked , Franklin, if there would be more information concerning the man whose name you introduced onto the dialog on the Beale threads, and you have posted many "names of people" that are not on this forum. So your complaint about me is something you have also done time and again.

No, Franklin, I am not trying "to dig information" from you, rather trying to have you clear up some of the conflicting information that you have posted as fact.
How many times have you asked of me and others to "confirm our information", yet you expect others to accept your "information" without question?
If facts are so fragile that they can not pass the scrutiny of discussion maybe they should never have been committed to this forum's dialog.
It is not arguing or bickering to question one's information, especially when one has posted information that conflicts information that one has posted many time previously.
Now, I ask, what makes my dime novel researched information "crap", when on other threads you have either called the Beale Papers a made up story or a hoax?
I have never shown you any disrespect by questioning your "facts" by referring to them as "crap" as you have referred to mine and others on many occasions.
So, Franklin, you are also doing the exact things of which you accuse me.
What makes you different?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the hell do you have to clear up anything. I have told you all I am going to tell you. You can figure it out for yourself or go fish. This is another thread you have cast into the toilet.

As far as facts and crap, you have no facts. Each thread is the same to you. You should post on what the thread starts about not whether you have the facts or not.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THIS is NOT a "debating" Thread; just a forum of "on-the-ground" R & I done in the Montvale, Va. area & BRP "areas"... AGAIN, put ECS on IGNORE & DO IT! Carry on with "On-The-Gound" I & R... TY!

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the hell do you have to clear up anything. I have told you all I am going to tell you. You can figure it out for yourself or go fish. This is another thread you have cast into the toilet.

As far as facts and crap, you have no facts. Each thread is the same to you. You should post on what the thread starts about not whether you have the facts or not.
You broke the rules by mentioning my real name. You should had been ban years ago. Shame on you.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You broke the rules by mentioning my real name. You should had been ban years ago. Shame on you.

I do not know you? How could I post your name on the forum? Please post where I mentioned your name? I believe you have my avatar mixed up with frankn. That is not me.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Why the hell do you have to clear up anything. I have told you all I am going to tell you. You can figure it out for yourself or go fish. This is another thread you have cast into the toilet...
By asking about the person named in an above post?
It seems you have done the casting on this thread with you rant.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure that if this story is true or not, but I am sure that many professional treasure hunters had search for it. Good hunting and good luck.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
THIS is NOT a "debating" Thread; just a forum of "on-the-ground" R & I done in the Montvale, Va. area & BRP "areas"... AGAIN, put ECS on IGNORE & DO IT! Carry on with "On-The-Gound" I & R... TY!
It is disappointing that you encourage Franklin's behavior of insults when one asks a question concerning his freely posted information.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is disappointing that you encourage Franklin's behavior of insults when one asks a question concerning his freely posted information.

Where have I insulted you or your integrity as a nay sayer. You can not be insulted. You insult yourself with every post.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I could repost some of your old posts with your greatest insult hits on me and others to help your memory if you want, but what good would that accomplish.
It is a shame that you get so upset when one questions the information in one of your posts and go on the insult rampage when one doesn't patronize your "facts" that have changed many times, with the point being that they all can't be accurate.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Time/space is being wasted by this bickering; MORE R & I stories, please...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time/space is being wasted by this bickering; MORE R & I stories, please...

You are right, Rebel KGC.

Up on the Blue Ridge Parkway one day while my brother, Indian Joe and I were going in for a search. We parked at one of the over looks and went into the mountains. We already knew bears were all over the place and we were walking down this old road bed before day light. We saw a few deer and rabbits but we were looking any minute to run upon bears.

About a half mile in we came up on the stone bridge on top of the mountain. It was at this time that I realized I may not have locked the doors on my pickup truck. It was a four door duolly and we could have easily left one of the doors unlocked. So I agreed to go alone back to the truck to check the door. This being about a mile counting the return trip.

While I was gone, Indian Joe took a photograph of my brother standing near the stone wall connected to the stone bridge. We had the photograph downloaded into my computer where I had photo software. I noticed two things in the photograph. One was a basket large enough to carry a baby in sitting on top of the wall next to my brother standing beside of it.

We at first thought it was a small dinner container that my brother always carried with him. It was maroon in color and was about one half the size of the white basket sitting on the stone wall. I told my brother to come down and look at this photograph that Indian Joe took of him while I was returning to check out the truck being locked.

When my brother came down I showed the basket to him and asked did you or Indian Joe have a basket that size with you and did you place it upon the wall. He said no we did not. So I asked him was there a basket sitting on the wall when this picture was taken and again the answer was no. I asked my brother if that was his dinner container and he said no, you can see it sitting on the ground. I enlarged the photo for more details. And yes his dinner container was sitting on the ground. Then we looked off into the woods immediately behind my brother in a laurel thicket and we saw something else white and glowing.

It was a cross bar that goes between a team of horses that pulls wagons.

Two unexplained items in a photograph that should not have been there. Indian Joe we gave a copy of the photo and he could not explain the cross bar or the baby basket either. He took the photo and made some other discoveries which I will not mention at this time. But it is strange to me how this happened. I still have the photograph on an 8 by 10. I will have to find some way to block out my brothers picture and I will post it if anyone wants to see.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You are right, Rebel KGC.

Up on the Blue Ridge Parkway one day while my brother, Indian Joe and I were going in for a search. We parked at one of the over looks and went into the mountains. We already knew bears were all over the place and we were walking down this old road bed before day light. We saw a few deer and rabbits but we were looking any minute to run upon bears.

About a half mile in we came up on the stone bridge on top of the mountain. It was at this time that I realized I may not have locked the doors on my pickup truck. It was a four door duolly and we could have easily left one of the doors unlocked. So I agreed to go alone back to the truck to check the door. This being about a mile counting the return trip.

While I was gone, Indian Joe took a photograph of my brother standing near the stone wall connected to the stone bridge. We had the photograph downloaded into my computer where I had photo software. I noticed two things in the photograph. One was a basket large enough to carry a baby in sitting on top of the wall next to my brother standing beside of it.

We at first thought it was a small dinner container that my brother always carried with him. It was maroon in color and was about one half the size of the white basket sitting on the stone wall. I told my brother to come down and look at this photograph that Indian Joe took of him while I was returning to check out the truck being locked.

When my brother came down I showed the basket to him and asked did you or Indian Joe have a basket that size with you and did you place it upon the wall. He said no we did not. So I asked him was there a basket sitting on the wall when this picture was taken and again the answer was no. I asked my brother if that was his dinner container and he said no, you can see it sitting on the ground. I enlarged the photo for more details. And yes his dinner container was sitting on the ground. Then we looked off into the woods immediately behind my brother in a laurel thicket and we saw something else white and glowing.

It was a cross bar that goes between a team of horses that pulls wagons.

Two unexplained items in a photograph that should not have been there. Indian Joe we gave a copy of the photo and he could not explain the cross bar or the baby basket either. He took the photo and made some other discoveries which I will not mention at this time. But it is strange to me how this happened. I still have the photograph on an 8 by 10. I will have to find some way to block out my brothers picture and I will post it if anyone wants to see.
Keep the ORIGINAL photo as is; make a copy of it & "crop it" (cut around) section, you want. It is a photo with "psychic residue" of the "cross bar" & a "basket" near the stone bridge wall. SOMETHING may been been buried at the site of the "cross bar"; the basket MAY have been used to haul dirt from the area. I have seen old baskets like that... especially from OLD mines (before small trains hauling stuff out... it was ALL manual labor...).

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the basket and the cross bar are white everything else is either green or black. The Sun had just started shining through the trees.

Another strange thing happened at Goose Creek Valley overlook--------not the Upper Goose Creek overlook but the first one you would come to going North.

We were to meet with Channel 7 News and Keith Humphrey the news anchor. The arrangement was for 10 o'clock in the morning. The Sun had come up and it was getting pretty warm when the Channel 7 News Van pulled up behind my car. The news people were about twenty minutes late. They said they had been waiting at another overlook further down the road.

We waited until they set up the cameras. Keith Humphrey and some of his people were chatting with us off to the edge of the overlook looking down on Goose Creek. When the cameraman was ready we went over and spread our maps and papers out on the trunk of my car.

This is really unexplainable by me or anyone else. But let me first give you what the area looked like. The Sun was almost directly over head and shining bright. There was only one little puff of a white cloud off to the South. When Indian Joe went over to the trunk of my car to explain the papers and maps for Keith while on camera, a humongous gust of wind came up out of the South like a whirlwind and scattered the maps and papers all over the overlook. Some blew down the mountain side and Keith Humphrey and his people helped us gather all the papers back up. We then continued with the show. No more wind was to blow. There was never any air stirring before the filming and there was never any air stirring at all after the filming only that one huge blast of a whirlwind. Indian Joe said the Spirits did not want us to reveal any of our information.

I do not know exactly what happened. I only know it was a rare occurrence.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread