HUCKLEBERRY

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After being at sea raiding and attacking Union vessels for 537 days without returning to a Confederate port, CSA Captain Raphael Semmes of the CSS ALABAMA needed to drydock his vessel for much needed repairs.
Hint: Cherbourg was also a very friendly and protected port. No big mystery there.

Yes Cherbourg was so protected a Union Raider sat outside the port for three days waiting for the Alabama to come out and the French could do nothing to move them.

British ports were the far, far, far better option. Alabama would have left via the Irish Sea with no Union ships to worry about. But thanks for playing.

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tad, I was just thinking about your certain theory, what you're really suggesting as fact. What you're really suggesting as fact is that never before in the history of literature has anyone ever written a story involving a completely fictional treasure, and so therefore, a Beale related treasure must have really existed, and that since it is arguably similar literature, Mark Twain must have been involved. :laughing7: "Ridiculous!"

This has nothing to do with anything I've written, as any sentient reader would know, so now I and the other readers on this thread are wondering if you're a bot. Because (a) you keep using the same emoticon and (b) you're just making **** up and stringing random words together.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Twain took the typographical set manuscript to Ward to print in limited quantity and had him copyrighted by him so it couldn't be traced back to Twain. Otherwise it becomes much easier to decode...
...and you have actual hard documented evidence that proves this?

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and you have actual hard documented evidence that proves this?

I've shown that every point you've attempted to make on this thread is/was dead wrong. So instead of trying to do any of the exercises I've suggested (such as looking at Lat/Lon in Cipher Three) you suddenly change goal posts. It seems I have to produce one of Twain's lost journals in which Twain says 'I wrote the Beale' to prove that Twain wrote the Beale, which is ridiculous as you know. Therefor you have an agenda: (a) paid shill or (b) shill who is paid.

I've already told you enough to check on my findings: metal detector in Locust Level, go to the Well in Wytheville, get an order to dig Ferguson's grave. So really - what's your agenda ECS? Inquiring minds want to know. Oh, and since some of Twain's lost journals are in Ferguson's grave, and since that's the proof you now suddenly desire, I suggest you start with that.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So, you don't have any real hard evidence to support any of these claims, just a mash up of facts to create a theory.
Well, you are not the first, and will not be the last to present imaginative theories.

Last edited:

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you don't have any real hard evidence to support any of these claims.

Exactly the response I expected from ECS. But of course the reader may have already noted my comments aove that if you decipher Preface and etc of Tom Sawyer you get the same latitude and longitude of the various hidden treasures hidden in the Beale and I've already noted that the deciphered 'Friend' letter at the end of Huckleberry Finn directly connects Twain to the Beale. And the reader has noted that I've given three easy-to-difficult ways to prove everything I've stated. All of which ECS ignored in his first 'hard evidence' post and which he'll continue to ignore because he's a paid shill.

But thanks for proving my point to the readers of this thread about you and bigscoop. Not a single objective reader of this thread will come out of it believing that you and he (bot though he may be) have anything but an agenda to suppress information about the Beale - you have multiple physical efforts that can be made to disprove me and you aren't willing to try any of them, including the easiest which just require you to open a book and attempt your own decipher. All of which was part of the point of me dumping this information.

I've blocked bigscoop for being too botty for words but I'll leave you unblocked as one should also be aware of what an enemy is saying.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Cherbourg was so protected a Union Raider sat outside the port for three days waiting for the Alabama to come out and the French could do nothing to move them.

British ports were the far, far, far better option. Alabama would have left via the Irish Sea with no Union ships to worry about. But thanks for playing.
A Civil War expert would know that after the burning of the British registered Maryaban at the Straights of Malacca, Semmes and the CSS Alabama were no longer welcome at British ports.

https://www.thoughtco.com/american-civil-war-css-alabama-2360565

Wonder what other "facts" were misrepresented in support of these posts?

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the reader - this is semantic content of the words excised above. Two emoticons.

To the reader - bigscoop now suddenly asserts a deep knowledge of Twain while at the same time asserting that I do not. This, of course, is classic paid shill technique. You and I both know bigscoop (or rather the person writing on the bigscoop account) has, at most, read Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn while in grade school whereas I've read pretty much every novel by Twain and a number of his other writings.

So again, bigscoop posts a general denial, with no specifics, and with nothing to back up his puffed up claims about himself.

So let us again give bigscoop an opportunity to prove he isn't a paid shill and watch his response. Let's examine bigscoop's 'sloppy or careless' comment - again no specifics as to what is 'sloppy or careless' about Beale. Since the Beale Papers are a work of fiction used to disguise a treasure bigscoop should be able to tell us precisely where Twain is sloppy or careless in his construction. Paul Stewart has already noted that the Ciphers themselves are designed along a typographic grid. I've already noted one supposedly careless example (the fact 480 is in there twice) actual relates to Sparta - as that was the 2nd Invasion by Persia (thus 480 twice). I can show that everything bigscoop specifies as sloppy has a purpose and meaning.

But I doubt bigscoop will be up to a challenge when it comes to specifics.

:treasurechest:

You can keep trying to deflect your total lack of provenance in any manner you desire, I have very thick skin and fully understand why you must attempt to do such. So, in order to make you understand the cold reality that you have placed yourself within, perhaps now would be a good time for you to detail to those in this forum how Twain and Ward knew each other, how they developed such a trusting and enduring relationship? Maybe you explain to us how they grew up together, or perhaps where their secret fishing spot was, why and how they had built such a trusting relationship, you know, the required provenance of that nature that you certainly must have, yes? Didn't think so.....:laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Exactly the response I expected from ECS. But of course the reader may have already noted my comments aove that if you decipher Preface and etc of Tom Sawyer you get the same latitude and longitude of the various hidden treasures hidden in the Beale and I've already noted that the deciphered 'Friend' letter at the end of Huckleberry Finn directly connects Twain to the Beale. And the reader has noted that I've given three easy-to-difficult ways to prove everything I've stated. All of which ECS ignored in his first 'hard evidence' post and which he'll continue to ignore because he's a paid shill...
"Paid shill" ?
I believe most readers of these threads realize that one one resorts to name calling it is due to a total lack of real facts that can be documented as evidence.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Paid shill" ?
I believe most readers of these threads realize that one one resorts to name calling it is due to a total lack of real facts that can be documented as evidence.

No! No! At least he's pointing out that he believes that I maintain enough knowledge and experience on the subject to get paid for it! Personally I think he believes a little to highly of me...but I suppose I should thank him anyway. So Tad, "Thank you very much!" :thumbsup:

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Civil War expert would know that after the burning of the British registered Maryaban at the Straights of Malacca, Semmes and the CSS Alabama were no longer welcome at British ports?

Except of course that's nonsense. Any actual Civil War expert knows that the British supported the Confederacy during the Civil War. So, yes, the Alabama should have anchored in Liverpool or etc. But keep digging up random opinion on the Internet.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really matters is actions and not personal opinions. The British, the French, etc., etc., in each you will find those who did or did not support the south, but it is actions as a country that determines the level of true support offered.

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Paid shill" ?

Someone's Super Jelly. Anyway for those of you who want to start using the Douay-Rheims you need to first check out the Thirty-First Psalme, Line 8 (and now you know what 318 was a reference to) And you'll see the key is "Io" - 'Io wil geve thee vnderstanding'

Yes, the Beale is way cooler than you thought.

Psalme31.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone's Super Jelly. Anyway for those of you who want to start using the Douay-Rheims you need to first check out the Thirty-First Psalme, Line 8 (and now you know what 318 was a reference to) And you'll see the key is "Io" - 'Io wil geve thee vnderstanding'

View attachment 1478251

Since you can find that in the Bible? I do not know what that has to do with the Beale but here is you another. Did you know that Shakespeare is in the Bible? Go to Psalm 46 count 46 words forward and then count 46 backwards and see what you come up with? Did Shakespeare write the Bible? Shakespeare could not write. Sir Francis Bacon had the Bible translated into English and was over the scholars that helped. But FB had the final say so of what went into the Bible. Sir Francis Bacon and his group of scholars also wrote all of Shakespeare's books with hidden messages for all the ages to come. Knowing how to read them is rather diffictult unless you are a Baconian.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1478251

:laughing7:....Your "Huckleberry Jam" for sure. Speaking of your Huckleberry, we're still waiting to hear about your Ward & Twain connections? You know, that required provenance that you've apparently, what, misplaced? :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Except of course that's nonsense. Any actual Civil War expert knows that the British supported the Confederacy during the Civil War. So, yes, the Alabama should have anchored in Liverpool or etc. But keep digging up random opinion on the Internet.
Now I get it. You are one of those "pick and choose" Civil War historians, who employs half facts to support his opinion.
Yes, Britain did support the Confederacy, but after Semmes incident with that British registered vessel, Semmes and the CSS Alabama were NOT welcome at British ports.
...and that Tad, is a fact.

Now while we are the subject of "half facts" to support opinions and speculative theories, how is the CSS Alabama and Mark Twain connected to James Beverly Ward and the 1885 Beale Papers.
:happy1: Get out the popcorn :tongue1:
Get a cold one:rocks: This is gonna be a good one :evil6:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Speaking of your Huckleberry, we're still waiting to hear about your Ward & Twain connections? You know, that required provenance that you've apparently, what, misplaced?...
Ward was East, and Twain was West, and the never the Twain shall meet Ward.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe Tad10 will explain all!
...and with real documentation, not half fact speculation.:icon_thumleft:
...and without throwing out insults.

Last edited:

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and that Tad, is a fact.

Except of course it isn't - but like bigscoop you adopt faux-authority in an area that you actually don't know anything about to try and make a point on the Internet. Also Twain lived in Hartford, CT after 1870. Insert rolleyes here.

Anyway, I've talked about Dee Ciphers but haven't given an example. Here is the initial - unfilled out Dee Cipher for the 'True' Beale DOI (from Paul Stewart's book page 70). As Stewart noted, quite correctly, the translation provided in the Beale does not match up at all with the provided DoI. I owe Mr. Stewart a huge debt because this was a key fact for my unlocking the Beale. Besides God and Mr. Stewart the other important person was a guy called Eugene who way back in the 1990's was the first person to figure out the importance of the Douay - he's early breakdown is in one of the old Beale Cipher letters.

Anyway here's the actual Beale Paper in Dee Cipher format - anyone with the Stewart book I would encourage to check my spreadsheet to make sure I haven't made any mistakes. I will note my Y on line two is correct, that box is actually incorrect in the Stewart book

PreFillBealeDOIStewart.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread