The 1826 Flood Of St Louis Destruction of the Unintelligible Writing Key

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to argue that the original narration isn't the only source or provenance to the tale and that pointing out all those existing dependencies, inaccuracies, and deceptions within that original narration isn't provenance. :laughing7: Not my fault that all of that contrary fact exist as I didn't write that original narration. So if you need to attack me in place of the author that's fine, but it all still comes back to the original source, the author, not me. So when you attack me for pointing these things out, I'm not the one you're actually attacking. :icon_thumleft: But don't sweat it, most realize this.....

LoL

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What I do "get" is you either have solid documented proof to back up a statement presented as "FACT", or you don't, as with the speculation that this 1823 flood prevented this alleged letter from being delivered.
Please bear in mind that the 1885 Beale Papers narrative story in which a never received letter is referenced, has never been proven to have actually occurred outside of the job print shop pages.

To claim this Beale "key" letter was destroyed in the 1823 flood, one must provide proof that this letter existed.

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I do "get" is you either have solid documented proof to back up a statement presented as "FACT", or you don't, as with the speculation that this 1823 flood prevented this alleged letter from being delivered.
Please bear in mind that the 1885 Beale Papers narrative story in which a never received letter is referenced, has never been proven to have actually occurred outside of the job print shop pages.

To claim this Beale "key" letter was destroyed in the 1823 flood, one must provide proof that this letter existed.

No one needs to prove anything here! Just like you, no proof needed.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a Beale forum that I post Pro-Beale post. So who would be the one starting arguments? Possibly the person who think us to be Fools!

Just the facts? What are the facts? I seen none given.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Just the facts:
James Beverly Ward, as "agent" copyrighted and published the Beale Papers job print pamphlet in 1885.
John William Sherman, his cousin, printed the pamphlet, wrote a review and advertised the pamphlet in the LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN newspaper.
Charles W Button was the owner of the newspaper and Sherman was one of his sub-editors.
The original selling price was 50 cents, but lowered to 10 cents due to lackluster sales.

The Beale Papers were regulated to being an obscure local tale until Pauline Innis's involvement with George Hart and the Hart Papers, writing "Gold In The Blue Ridge" and articles in several magazines about the Beale perilous adventure treasure story.
Others have followed Innis's, and a cottage industry of "additional" Beale stories (Claudine Fulton Ellis) and the ever popular "real story behind the Beale Papers story" books and theories.
After 132 years, no evidence has ever been found or presented that can conclusively establish that Thomas J Beale and his perilous adventure treasure exploits told in the Beale Papers was an actual person or if these narrated events ever occurred outside of the job print dime novel pamphlet.

Just the facts as requested. :thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am presently in search of more facts and I hope to find some either pro or con?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the facts:
James Beverly Ward, as "agent" copyrighted and published the Beale Papers job print pamphlet in 1885.
John William Sherman, his cousin, printed the pamphlet, wrote a review and advertised the pamphlet in the LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN newspaper.
Charles W Button was the owner of the newspaper and Sherman was one of his sub-editors.
The original selling price was 50 cents, but lowered to 10 cents due to lackluster sales.

The Beale Papers were regulated to being an obscure local tale until Pauline Innis's involvement with George Hart and the Hart Papers, writing "Gold In The Blue Ridge" and articles in several magazines about the Beale perilous adventure treasure story.
Others have followed Innis's, and a cottage industry of "additional" Beale stories (Claudine Fulton Ellis) and the ever popular "real story behind the Beale Papers story" books and theories.
After 132 years, no evidence has ever been found or presented that can conclusively establish that Thomas J Beale and his perilous adventure treasure exploits told in the Beale Papers was an actual person or if these narrated events ever occurred outside of the job print dime novel pamphlet.

Just the facts as requested. :thumbsup:

Lots of option! Just no proof all that misc info even works to be linked at all. A lot of anti-Beale attitude in your post!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of option! Just no proof all that misc info even works to be linked at all. A lot of anti-Beale attitude in your post!
Why do you believe that the above actual facts concerning the publishing and sale of the BEALE PAPERS job print pamphlet are "anti-Beale"?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because there was a flood does not mean that the letter was destroyed in said flood. That is abstract thinking and has no provenance

Just was looking at a new video coming out soon. The city of Franklin was all under water during the flood, but it was 135 miles NW of St Louis! That must be the best place to get to the other side! Like the chicken crossing the road? LOL

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Speaking of floods, I saw on the news last night where Lynchburg city residents were being evacuated due to flooding and a threatened dam. I hope none of our forum members are affected !

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wife & I live on "HIGH GROUNDS"... NO problems; the dam is MORE stable... BUT! Still NO "ALL CLEAR" & residents STILL can not "go home"... MAYBE, tomorrow.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread