A Million Dollar Question For You.....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: A Million Dollar Question For You.....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8676 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

A Million Dollar Question For You.....

...did J.B. Ward ever spend any amount of time in Jackson Ward, Richmond? And if so, what was he doing there? And last, who else was there?
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13726 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Thomas J Beale, future alderman of Jackson Ward, and James Beverly Ward were both in Richmond at the same time and both served in the Confederate army.
    Could it be that Newton Hazelwood also knew this freeborn of color Beale, and that was the origin of the "Jefferson" for the middle "J" initial in the Hart Papers?
    Last edited by ECS; Aug 17, 2017 at 11:30 AM.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6381 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Thomas J Beale, future alderman of Jackson Ward, and James Beverly Ward were both in Richmond at the same time and both served in the Confederate army.
    Could it be that Newton Hazelwood also knew this freeborn of color Beale, and that was the origin of the "Jefferson" for the middle "J" initial in the Hart Papers?
    Hogwash. James Beverly Ward was never accepted into the Confederate Army.

Another post claims that Sherman's wife was the author of the article in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper. No way. Anna and her husband never moved to Roanoke until 1913 a full twenty years after the articles appearance in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper.

And bigscoop I will say it again 1880's Richmond Thomas J. Beale had nothing at all to do with the story. If JBW wrote the story it was to do with the NO Beale that shot his grandfather Risque in a gun duel and fled to NO. You need to check out the Thomas J. Beale from Richmond during the right time frame. The son of Richard Eustus Beale.
    Rebel - KGC and masterpoe like this.

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post

Another post claims that Sherman's wife was the author of the article in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper. No way. Anna and her husband never moved to Roanoke until 1913 a full twenty years after the articles appearance in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper.

And bigscoop I will say it again 1880's Richmond Thomas J. Beale had nothing at all to do with the story. If JBW wrote the story it was to do with the NO Beale that shot his grandfather Risque in a gun duel and fled to NO. You need to check out the Thomas J. Beale from Richmond during the right time frame. The son of Richard Eustus Beale.
    Then you need to explain how R.E. Beale and his wife of European decent managed a freeborn child of color.........is there something in the water out your way? Look, Ward can be placed in Richmond and very close to that TJB of Richmond....this being the only TJB of record matching the narration's general description of its TJB, and this TJB WAS of the correct age. I don't believe in this type of coincidence. I also have nothing against men of color and fully recognize that there were many highly educated free men of color in the south during the era.
    Last edited by bigscoop; Aug 17, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

us

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6381 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Then you need to explain how R.E. Beale and his wife of European decent managed a freeborn child of color.........is there something in the water out your way?
    I don't have to explain anything the description of Thomas J. Beale speaks for itself. Exposure to the sun does that to some people. Read the description it never says he was a man of "color."
    masterpoe likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8676 times
    I don't have to explain anything the description of Thomas J. Beale speaks for itself. Exposure to the sun does that to some people. Read the description it never says he was a man of "color."
    Wrong, your author only uses "as if exposure to the sun" in trying to detail the man's natural complexion, a complexion that never faded during his extended winter stays with Morriss....so how do you explain that impossibility? Face it, according to the author's "two winter descriptions" the TJB of the narration was a man of color....."period!" Something I'm sure is hard to accept in the south. I mean, can you imagine how this local legend turns face if it is discovered that TJB wasn't a while man! They'll probably close that new eatery.....
    Last edited by bigscoop; Aug 17, 2017 at 02:30 PM.

us

Jun 2012
    6381 times
    TJB being a man of color is not even on the table to consider. Morriss only wrote about his complexion one time maybe you should ask him to see how he looked when Spring came along. You are stretching fantasy just like everyone else then you ask them for provenance where is yours?

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13726 times
    Morriss did NOT write that description, the "unknown author" wrote that based on what he was allegedly told by Morriss during the "2nd year of the Confederate War".
    bigscoop likes this.

us

Jun 2012
    6381 times
    Yippee you got one right. Now where is your provenance. Got none right?
    masterpoe likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8676 times
    TJB being a man of color is not even on the table to consider. Morriss only wrote about his complexion one time maybe you should ask him to see how he looked when Spring came along. You are stretching fantasy just like everyone else then you ask them for provenance where is yours?
    UH, no, wrong again as the author makes it a point to reference the man's dark and swarthy complexion twice. Read the narration, you can't miss it. Really killing you that he might have been a man of color, isn't it. Can I ask why?

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13726 times

Another post claims that Sherman's wife was the author of the article in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper. No way. Anna and her husband never moved to Roanoke until 1913 a full twenty years after the articles appearance in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper...
    It is interesting that you, Franklin, posted that very same information about Ward as a Confederate paymaster, and about Sherman's wife on other threads.
    Was it hogwash when you posted that or hogwash because I reposted that information?
    ...but I knew that it would get your attention.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30023 times
    Gentleman, stop the arguing, if this constant snipping, insulting and arguing continues your not going to like what steps are taken next. Warning applies to ALL..
    jeff of pa likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us

Jun 2010
    8676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Gentleman, stop the arguing, if this constant snipping, insulting and arguing continues your not going to like what steps are taken next. Warning applies to ALL..
    You're right. Time to step away from all of this pointless bantering for a while. Maybe go recover some more real treasure.....

us
    One of The Five Unknown

Feb 2015
    University
    272 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    It is interesting that you, Franklin, posted that very same information about Ward as a Confederate paymaster, and about Sherman's wife on other threads.
    Was it hogwash when you posted that or hogwash because I reposted that information?
    ...but I knew that it would get your attention.
    I guess it would be good to check the facts before we post eh?

us
    One of The Five Unknown

Feb 2015
    University
    272 times

I see some light at the end of the tunnel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links