A Million Dollar Question For You.....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Thomas J Beale, future alderman of Jackson Ward, and James Beverly Ward were both in Richmond at the same time and both served in the Confederate army.
Could it be that Newton Hazelwood also knew this freeborn of color Beale, and that was the origin of the "Jefferson" for the middle "J" initial in the Hart Papers?

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thomas J Beale, future alderman of Jackson Ward, and James Beverly Ward were both in Richmond at the same time and both served in the Confederate army.
Could it be that Newton Hazelwood also knew this freeborn of color Beale, and that was the origin of the "Jefferson" for the middle "J" initial in the Hart Papers?

Hogwash. James Beverly Ward was never accepted into the Confederate Army.

Another post claims that Sherman's wife was the author of the article in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper. No way. Anna and her husband never moved to Roanoke until 1913 a full twenty years after the articles appearance in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper.

And bigscoop I will say it again 1880's Richmond Thomas J. Beale had nothing at all to do with the story. If JBW wrote the story it was to do with the NO Beale that shot his grandfather Risque in a gun duel and fled to NO. You need to check out the Thomas J. Beale from Richmond during the right time frame. The son of Richard Eustus Beale.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another post claims that Sherman's wife was the author of the article in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper. No way. Anna and her husband never moved to Roanoke until 1913 a full twenty years after the articles appearance in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper.

And bigscoop I will say it again 1880's Richmond Thomas J. Beale had nothing at all to do with the story. If JBW wrote the story it was to do with the NO Beale that shot his grandfather Risque in a gun duel and fled to NO. You need to check out the Thomas J. Beale from Richmond during the right time frame. The son of Richard Eustus Beale.

Then you need to explain how R.E. Beale and his wife of European decent managed a freeborn child of color.....:laughing7:....is there something in the water out your way? Look, Ward can be placed in Richmond and very close to that TJB of Richmond....this being the only TJB of record matching the narration's general description of its TJB, and this TJB WAS of the correct age. I don't believe in this type of coincidence. I also have nothing against men of color and fully recognize that there were many highly educated free men of color in the south during the era.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you need to explain how R.E. Beale and his wife of European decent managed a freeborn child of color.....:laughing7:....is there something in the water out your way?

I don't have to explain anything the description of Thomas J. Beale speaks for itself. Exposure to the sun does that to some people. Read the description it never says he was a man of "color."

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have to explain anything the description of Thomas J. Beale speaks for itself. Exposure to the sun does that to some people. Read the description it never says he was a man of "color."

Wrong, your author only uses "as if exposure to the sun" in trying to detail the man's natural complexion, a complexion that never faded during his extended winter stays with Morriss....so how do you explain that impossibility? Face it, according to the author's "two winter descriptions" the TJB of the narration was a man of color....."period!" :laughing7: Something I'm sure is hard to accept in the south. I mean, can you imagine how this local legend turns face if it is discovered that TJB wasn't a while man! They'll probably close that new eatery.....:laughing7:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJB being a man of color is not even on the table to consider. Morriss only wrote about his complexion one time maybe you should ask him to see how he looked when Spring came along. You are stretching fantasy just like everyone else then you ask them for provenance where is yours?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Morriss did NOT write that description, the "unknown author" wrote that based on what he was allegedly told by Morriss during the "2nd year of the Confederate War".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yippee you got one right. Now where is your provenance. Got none right?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJB being a man of color is not even on the table to consider. Morriss only wrote about his complexion one time maybe you should ask him to see how he looked when Spring came along. You are stretching fantasy just like everyone else then you ask them for provenance where is yours?

UH, no, wrong again as the author makes it a point to reference the man's dark and swarthy complexion twice. :notworthy: Read the narration, you can't miss it. Really killing you that he might have been a man of color, isn't it. Can I ask why?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Another post claims that Sherman's wife was the author of the article in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper. No way. Anna and her husband never moved to Roanoke until 1913 a full twenty years after the articles appearance in the 1893 Roanoke Newspaper...
It is interesting that you, Franklin, posted that very same information about Ward as a Confederate paymaster, and about Sherman's wife on other threads.
Was it hogwash when you posted that or hogwash because I reposted that information?
...but I knew that it would get your attention.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman, stop the arguing, if this constant snipping, insulting and arguing continues your not going to like what steps are taken next. Warning applies to ALL..

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman, stop the arguing, if this constant snipping, insulting and arguing continues your not going to like what steps are taken next. Warning applies to ALL..

You're right. Time to step away from all of this pointless bantering for a while. Maybe go recover some more real treasure.....:icon_thumleft:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is interesting that you, Franklin, posted that very same information about Ward as a Confederate paymaster, and about Sherman's wife on other threads.
Was it hogwash when you posted that or hogwash because I reposted that information?
...but I knew that it would get your attention.

I guess it would be good to check the facts before we post eh?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see some light at the end of the tunnel!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UH, no, wrong again as the author makes it a point to reference the man's dark and swarthy complexion twice. :notworthy: Read the narration, you can't miss it.

:icon_thumleft:...you need to get your Thomas J. Beales right. Now, time to go recover more real treasure. I'm sure all will be the same whenever I return to check on the progress of all of these hypothesis.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does not make any difference which treasure you hunt for you need the right mind set. But continue on another search anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread