Excitement of the Hunt

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know if someone posted provenance of the Beale Treasure whether for or against, it is really going to disappoint a lot of people. I have seen the excitement in old men's eyes when they are searching for treasure. And yes I have seen what too much excitement does to some people like the movie, "Sierra Madre"

It's like millions that play the lottery. It is exciting to everyone thinking they are going to win the jackpot of hundreds of millions of dollars. But after the drawing and some lucky person wins, all the other millions of losers say well maybe the next one will be my lucky day. Without hope of winning everyone loses the will to go on.

I have an eighty some year old man that comes to my house every so often. He wants to talk about the Beale Treasure. His only reason for visiting other than to have someone to talk to. Well I brought out a stack of my research about eight inches high, I show him all my research and the reasons that the treasure does not exist. Well he says you have done a lot of work, but I think I know where the Beale Treasure is located. He said, "You see you go up ........... creek, I know it is there but the landowners won't let anyone on their property. Wonder what is wrong with them." Then he talks about the size of the amount of jewels and their value. He says, "I bet there are enough jewels to fill a water bucket." As he continues on, I can see his excitement, then I try to tell him once again that there may not be a treasure. "OH YES THERE IS WE JUST HAVE TO GO UP THIS CREEK" I could not deny his excitement and I told him when he wanted to go to come back and we would go together.

That is what the excitement of a treasure is to me, whether it be the Beale Treasure, the J. Swift Treasure or the Confederate Treasury. It is the "Excitement of the Hunt" that keeps every young and old man's dream alive. Good Luck to All.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know if someone posted provenance of the Beale Treasure whether for or against, it is really going to disappoint a lot of people. I have seen the excitement in old men's eyes when they are searching for treasure. And yes I have seen what too much excitement does to some people like the movie, "Sierra Madre"

It's like millions that play the lottery. It is exciting to everyone thinking they are going to win the jackpot of hundreds of millions of dollars. But after the drawing and some lucky person wins, all the other millions of losers say well maybe the next one will be my lucky day. Without hope of winning everyone loses the will to go on.

I have an eighty some year old man that comes to my house every so often. He wants to talk about the Beale Treasure. His only reason for visiting other than to have someone to talk to. Well I brought out a stack of my research about eight inches high, I show him all my research and the reasons that the treasure does not exist. Well he says you have done a lot of work, but I think I know where the Beale Treasure is located. He said, "You see you go up ........... creek, I know it is there but the landowners won't let anyone on their property. Wonder what is wrong with them." Then he talks about the size of the amount of jewels and their value. He says, "I bet there are enough jewels to fill a water bucket." As he continues on, I can see his excitement, then I try to tell him once again that there may not be a treasure. "OH YES THERE IS WE JUST HAVE TO GO UP THIS CREEK" I could not deny his excitement and I told him when he wanted to go to come back and we would go together.

That is what the excitement of a treasure is to me, whether it be the Beale Treasure, the J. Swift Treasure or the Confederate Treasury. It is the "Excitement of the Hunt" that keeps every young and old man's dream alive. Good Luck to All.

Very good! It is so much fun to be a Treasurer Hunter looking for that lost clue to find the place where it is hiding.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, that's good right up, and with the exception of one major point I agree with you 100%. But if that treasure isn't real then is it still treasure hunting, or is it something else? There, to me anyway, is the difference in these threads. Many are wanting to take the story at face value, they don't care if they are wasting their time chasing a fantasy or not. Others, like myself, want to know if "what they want to chase" is real before they waste their time chasing it, they want to know the truth. To me this is where so much of the existing conflict comes from, the difference between those who just want to believe in treasure and those who only want to believe in established treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread