Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
"I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
synonyms: belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More
the beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.
"the changing climate of opinion"
an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
"I had a higher opinion of myself than I deserved"

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But when opinions are injected and supported by fact then those opinions are of value as they contain true context. This is much-much different then opinions/hypothesis that are injected with no supporting fact. In reality, and by definition, a hypothesis is an opinion, a personal perspective lacking supporting fact. So by your original post, you are correct in your suggestion as it is easily understood why all of these Beale claims of solution & remedy are considered to be nothing more then hoaxes, because they lack and supporting fact/provenance, they are just opinions used by hoaxters. :icon_thumright: Nice to see that you're finally catching on.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
"I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
synonyms: belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More
the beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.
"the changing climate of opinion"
an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
"I had a higher opinion of myself than I deserved"

What you have actually pointed out with this post is that all of these claims of solution & remedy are indeed hoaxes. Good job! :laughing7::icon_thumright:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever! You twist everything anyway.

Not me who is twisting things around. All one has to do is to review all of these various claims of solution & remedy, none of them conform to all of the story details as they are presented in the original source, none of them can establish the existence of the Thomas J. Beale or the party in the narration, and none of them can provide any provenance in support of the tale, yet they all claim they have the truth. When someone claims that they have the truth and they can't even establish any truth in the tale then that is some major twisting and hoaxing, indeed. :icon_thumright:

You're the OP of this thread, it was your opening post that so clearly pointed all of this out to everyone. "Their claims are all, and only, personal opinion based."

Last edited:
OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me who is twisting things around. All one has to do is to review all of these various claims of solution & remedy, none of them conform to all of the story details as they are presented in the original source, none of them can establish the existence of the Thomas J. Beale or the party in the narration, and none of them can provide any provenance in support of the tale, yet they all claim they have the truth. When someone claims that they have the truth and they can't even establish any truth in the tale then that is some major twisting and hoaxing, indeed. :icon_thumright:

You're the OP of this thread, it was your opening post that so clearly pointed all of this out to everyone. "Their claims are all, and only, personal opinion based."

You really do have a problem! I hope you solve it one day.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling or implying a member is a "Con" or running a "hoax" is an attack and an insult, I highly recommend it not be repeated.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling or implying a member is a "Con" or running a "hoax" is an attack and an insult, I highly recommend it not be repeated.

Who called who a con? Who said who was running a hoax? Posting accurate definitions is good, keeps everyone on the same page, yes? :dontknow:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That quip, M Poe, really makes no sense as a comment concerning the content of the subject matter of your original posted definition. :icon_scratch: ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are fed up with the constant bickering and insulting, if it does not cease members will not like what happens. If members can't post in a "polite and respectful manner" they will lose the right to post at all.

Per our rules....

"If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... All one has to do is to review all of these various claims of solution & remedy, none of them conform to all of the story details as they are presented in the original source, none of them can establish the existence of the Thomas J. Beale or the party in the narration, and none of them can provide any provenance in support of the tale, yet they all claim they have the truth...
All these claimed "solutions" have produced are books and/or blogs based on questionable "facts" and those who put "boots on the ground", many holes in the ground of Bedford county, Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread