Having Fun Again

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dreaming Creek---Yes. Rufus the Troll of Dreaming Creek----No.

There is still something going on with the old home place of James Beverly Risque. I have not been able to figure it out at least not yet. James Beverly Ward made several trips to Florida himself. And most of his children moved to Florida long before James Beverly Ward died. So what is it with the ground effects on the old home place? And why was the cemetery forgotten about by family members?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Dreaming Creek---Yes. Rufus the Troll of Dreaming Creek----No.

There is still something going on with the old home place of James Beverly Risque. I have not been able to figure it out at least not yet. James Beverly Ward made several trips to Florida himself. And most of his children moved to Florida long before James Beverly Ward died. So what is it with the ground effects on the old home place? And why was the cemetery forgotten about by family members?

What's the story with Rufus the Troll??

What happened with the ground effects around the old home place?

Is the cemetery on that land?

Kace

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rufus the Troll of Dreaming Creek is one of the legends of the Lynchburg area. It was posted with a link by ECS.

The ground effects I can not comment on yet until I figure out if it leads to a treasure or not. All I can say it is really strange that someone did this in the early 1960's.

The cemetery is still there but getting permission to verify is very difficult. A lawyer oversees the property and he does not answer calls from myself. I am working on another angle to get to him but so far nada.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Okay can Franklin or Rebel share just what is this "Treasure of Virginia" that's bigger than the Beale ? I've seen you guys mention it in your threads here and another THunter forum site.. got me curious :D

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay can Franklin or Rebel share just what is this "Treasure of Virginia" that's bigger than the Beale ? I've seen you guys mention it in your threads here and another THunter forum site.. got me curious :D

If you are talking about the treasure I suspect from the above post then I am referring to the large treasure of West Florida that Thomas Beale's father in law was governor of until his death. The governnor's son or Thomas Beale's future brother in law was killed while protecting the treasures. Most likely was captured by General Andrew Jackson when he was ordered to take over West Florida and make it a territory of the United States. Major James Beverly Risque was General Andrew Jackson's bodyguard during those campaigns as well as at the Battle of New Orleans in 1814. Since Thomas Beale was recruited as a Captain of the Home Guard in New Orleans he would have been under the command of Major Risque and these two gentlemen knew each other well as they had a duel around 1808 or 1809. Captain Thomas Beale could have told Major Risque of the treasures of West Florida or Major Risque could have gotten the information first hand as he was there.

If you are referring to other post I have made about a treasure a few thousand times larger than the Beale Treasure then it would be the 58 Depositories of KGC or CSA Gold that my partner and I located in 2011.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The WEST Florida "interest" MAY have been SPANISH "loot" from that area. Area WAS owned by Spain before being part of America. Review "history" of that area...

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have all the history of that area. That is when the "Bonnie Blue Flag" came into existence. I have also found a document that says that Robert Morriss was deeded a Tavern, August, 1818 about sixteen months before Thomas Beale was believed to have stayed in Lynchburg,

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that Thomas Beale of the Risqué duel who went to New Orleans, or the Thomas J Beale of the Beale Papers story?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that Thomas Beale of the Risqué duel who went to New Orleans, or the Thomas J Beale of the Beale Papers story?

I was going by the Job Print Pamphlet when the story said that Thomas J. Beale left Paschal Buford's and stayed in Lynchburg, Va. at the Washington Inn with Robert Morriss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions