Having Fun Again

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

This is just wrong: NO TREASURE HERE
Legrand,if the BEALE PAPERS was a true treasure story that captivated 1885 Lynchburg, why was it not mentioned in Edward Pollock's SKETCHBOOK OF LYNCHBURG published two years after the Ward published the dime novel job print pamphlet?
OR:
Why was there no mention of Beale's stay at Buford's or the Beale treasure in Rowland D Buford's SKETCHES OF BEDFORD COUNTY co-written with N H Hawkins?
As noted on an earlier post on this thread, Pascal Buford's children (Rowland, Margaret, Ann) were well aware of the Beale Papers, Ward's wife was a cousin born and raised 4 miles from Buford's, and "the Buford children were responsible for the pamphlet being withdrawn from sale shortly after its distribution in April 1885".
It is obvious that in 1885 Lynchburg the Beale Papers and the ciphers were not taken as "authentic statements" of a true treasure...
...and of course descendants of some of those mentioned did go to Rowland Buford, and possibly his sisters, concerning their names being used in a dime novel.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever you offer the public a narrative composed of complete unknowns and then you challenge them to fill in the blanks then those blanks are always going to be filled in in numerous and vastly different ways, by whatever and by however the hopeful blank-filler desires to fill them in.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what, whether the Beale Treasure story is fact or fiction, I am having a blast making discoveries about the story itself.
As you all know I have found Roslin. The house of Anzoletta M. Saunders, where Robert Morriss died at the age of 86 on January 3, 1863.
I have found Hunter's Hill. The plantation home where Major James Beverly Risque died. Also, the home of James Beverly Ward and where he lived when he copyrighted the "Beale Papers" This is also where Sarah Mitchell Morriss, wife of Robert Morriss died in 1861.

Now I have found the location where Robert Morriss was born and grew up. Where he went into business in 1803 with his brother in law William Mitchell. I have their business location and I have all their inventory sheets of paper signed by Robert Morriss. Since, this is where his business was located and the Beale Papers say he was married to Sarah Mitchell in 1803, I will check the local church records, since Loudoun County's Records and about all of Loudoun County was desemated by the Civil War.

Also, finding a photograph of the Headstone of James Beverly Ward Jr. And the owner of an original copy of "Job Print Pamphlet that is now going at over $7,000 a copy.

I will continue to search and to dig into this mystery even if there is no treasure. And I do believe there never was a treasure other than imagined treasure.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, this is important research, locating the Virginia locations and histories of those mention in the Beale Papers dime novel, and that effort I applaud.
Please do not get drawn back into trying to prove the Beale perilous adventure, treasure, and ciphers as real events and such, it is obvious that none of that is a document of actual events.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS, I can believe as I wish. There are no limitations into what one can believe. My eyes has been opened to a whole new world. I intend to explore it. The Beale Pamphlet may have only been a story? Everyone always believed that Shakespeare was only a story of plays. Well I have seen a different side of those stories has they contain hidden messages. I am going to pursue whatever I wish as John Paul Jones said, "Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead."

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Believe as you wish, but keep in mind, sometimes those seeking hidden messages in various works, will find them, even if they don't exist.
A prime example is Henry Litchfield's claim that the "WIZARD OF OZ" was a parable on populism and the bimetal standard.
Litchfield found all sorts of symbols and hidden messages that were not there, all backed up with manufactured "force fitted facts".
This is very similar to the many real story behind the Beale story theories that have been presented as "fact", but once examined and compared to real proven facts, these stories prove to be just that, imaginative stories of speculation.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe as you wish, but keep in mind, sometimes those seeking hidden messages in various works, will find them, even if they don't exist.
A prime example is Henry Litchfield's claim that the "WIZARD OF OZ" was a parable on populism and the bimetal standard.
Litchfield found all sorts of symbols and hidden messages that were not there, all backed up with manufactured "force fitted facts".
This is very similar to the many real story behind the Beale story theories that have been presented as "fact", but once examined and compared to real proven facts, these stories prove to be just that, imaginative stories of speculation.

Oak Island is a prime example of this. Even after all of the investment, drama and hype, there's still nothing to confirm that it is anything other then an old mining operation. But you never hear them speak of this, always something far more grandiose and fantastical even without any true fact to support any of it.

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
ECS, I can believe as I wish. There are no limitations into what one can believe. My eyes has been opened to a whole new world. I intend to explore it. The Beale Pamphlet may have only been a story? Everyone always believed that Shakespeare was only a story of plays. Well I have seen a different side of those stories has they contain hidden messages. I am going to pursue whatever I wish as John Paul Jones said, "Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead."

You've opened the door, Franklin. The long sought after Beale realization is ere ​you.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really true. If you check it out to be factual by code methods then it is fact.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... There are no limitations into what one can believe. My eyes has been opened to a whole new world. I intend to explore it.
The Beale Pamphlet may have only been a story?
Everyone always believed that Shakespeare was only a story of plays. Well I have seen a different side of those stories has they contain hidden messages...
AS with the Beale Pamphlet with all the different " real story behind the Beale story" and different cipher solutions claimed to be accurate, the "Shakespeare Codes" have just as many and probably even more different versions.

http://www,theguardian.com/uk/2005/aug/28/arts_books
http://thetruthaboutshakespeare.com...he-masonic-code-of-the-shakes-speares-sonnets
http://www,sirbacon.org/mwbook.html

There are many more and different theories concerning Shakespeare's "codes", the above are just a basic sample, and Petter Amundsen is not the first nor will be the last to build upon this other journey down another but similar rabbit hole. :bunny:

You are correct in saying that there is no limitations to what one believes. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you "will" it to be false. Telling.

I don't will it to be false, I just don't try to replace actual fact and reality with unfounded speculation and false claims of solution. That's the difference between you and I. I personally desire to deal and to accept only facts that might eventually lead to the truth, you desire to manufacture the illusion of facts that you expect everyone else to support and to accept as being actual fact and truth. HUGE DIFFERENCE! :thumbsup: If I thought that there was any chance, any chance at all that you were possibly on to something potentially accurate in regards to the Beale then I'd support what you presented. But honestly, and factually, you've not presented anything of that nature.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS with the Beale Pamphlet with all the different " real story behind the Beale story" and different cipher solutions claimed to be accurate, the "Shakespeare Codes" have just as many and probably even more different versions.

http://www,theguardian.com/uk/2005/aug/28/arts_books
http://thetruthaboutshakespeare.com...he-masonic-code-of-the-shakes-speares-sonnets
http://www,sirbacon.org/mwbook.html

There are many more and different theories concerning Shakespeare's "codes", the above are just a basic sample, and Petter Amundsen is not the first nor will be the last to build upon this other journey down another but similar rabbit hole. :bunny:

You are correct in saying that there is no limitations to what one believes. :thumbsup:

I have never looked at any of the other theories simply because they never made sense. But, Petter Amundsen has it all worked out correctly. I can follow and see everything that he has done according code systems of that time period. I will not keep this bouncy bounce going if you want to confuse yourself for a while talk to yourself.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never looked at any of the other theories simply because they never made sense. But, Petter Amundsen has it all worked out correctly. I can follow and see everything that he has done according code systems of that time period. I will not keep this bouncy bounce going if you want to confuse yourself for a while talk to yourself.

Franklin, do you know the difference between real discoveries and fake discoveries, or premature claims of those discoveries? They are very easy to spot because they all have common workflows. Real discoveries reveal the actual physical discovery first, then later the process that was applied to make said true discovery. Premature discoveries, or fake discoveries, have just the opposite workflow with the actual physical discovery never being revealed prior to the explanation of the process, or after. So before you buy into yet another false claim of discovery, best you ask to see the actual physical discovery first. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, do you know the difference between real discoveries and fake discoveries, or premature claims of those discoveries? ...
"The pattern he (Petter Amundsen) found is a square-and-compass celestial pattern that MIMICS some aspects as those of the Masons..."
AuthorStory: Petter Amundsen and the Oak Island Treasure Revealed in Hidden Codes in Shakespeare

*NOTICE the words "probably", "theorizes", "Most Likely" used in that article.
Most likely what Amundsen theorizes probably mimics various alleged aspects of "secret societies" without the benefit of actual hard fact or evidence.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions