Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Having Fun Again

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    3996 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Having Fun Again

Just today I found a real connection of the Beale Treasure to the Confederate Treasury. Really weird. I have found land transactions where someone paid $4500. for a house and property and then turned in the same day and made out a Trust Deed for $1. A person of interest that purchased one half the property of James B. Ward's Hunter's Hill Plantation had whole files missing from court records. Then I found out why they were missing. This is a continuing search and I am once again having fun trying to solve this mystery.

A landowner is hiding out from the IRS for taxes in Virginia and is then working for the IRS in Washington City. The trustee is taking care of his family and he writes letters to him like they are Knight's of the Golden Circle. He buys their groceries, clothes and even pays their bills sometimes with his own money. The rich families of Danville, Virginia are all involved. Then there are judges and even US Supreme Court is involved. Fights over a half acre of land with three bankers from Richmond purchasing one half right through the center of a Church and again the rich families of Danville are trustees to the church and it is a black fellowship church. Why would a bond of $10000 have to be put in place for such a small location. Again the trustee is involved. It all just keeps unraveling and I am wide eyed reading it. I love a mystery.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8249 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Lincoln created an income tax to pay for the War in 1862 but it was repealed in 1872.
    The Beale Papers were copyrighted in 1864 and published in 1865.
    Congress reenacted an income tax in 1894, but the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.
    In 1913, income tax was passed again, this time with the IRS for collection.

Franklin, when did these events that you mention that are connected to the Beale Papers occur?
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    3996 times
    Sometime between Lincoln's Income tax and your income tax.
    Rebel - KGC and audigger53 like this.

Jun 2007
    10326 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Lincoln created an income tax to pay for the War in 1862 but it was repealed in 1872.
    The Beale Papers were copyrighted in 1864 and published in 1865.
    Congress reenacted an income tax in 1894, but the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.
    In 1913, income tax was passed again, this time with the IRS for collection.

Franklin, when did these events that you mention that are connected to the Beale Papers occur?
    WRONG! BPP - copyrighted 1884; published - 1885.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8249 times
    You are right, I know better I typed the wrong date!

Jun 2007
    10326 times
    OK.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8249 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    ... A person of interest that purchased one half the property of James B. Ward's Hunter's Hill Plantation had whole files missing from court records. Then I found out why they were missing...
    Who bought the other half?
    Was this before James Beverly Ward's copyright application on borrowed letterhead for the "authentic statements" of the BEALE PAPERS?
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    3996 times
    Yes this was before the copyright. Everyone said the land was sold off during WW2 by his son but it was sold 60 years or more before that. I have not been able to locate the deeds of the two purchasers yet. There were two smaller tracts of this land, one was seven acres given to one of JBW's daughter and husband. Then there was another tract of 27 acres. The two tracts sold other than the two mentioned was of about 150 acres each. Another tract of 50 acres or more was given by JBR to one of the George Hutter sons before he died or either by his Will. There was also a house and lot in Lynchburg. Still working on all of this but like I said the Campbell County Records are in a shambles.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8102 times
    Only one TJB of record during the entire era and that man was a free man of color serving as alderman in Jackson Ward, Richmond in 1884. Now Franklin introduces a black fellowship church, go figure. Was their a TJB associated with that church? If not, where is this connection to the Beale tale?
    audigger53 likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8249 times
    Yes this was before the copyright. Everyone said the land was sold off during WW2 by his son but it was sold 60 years or more before that...
    60 years before WWII would place the time in the 1880's, the of Ward's copyright and then published job print pamphlet.

us
    Jun 2012
    3996 times
    Yes but "or more" would place it in the 1870's which it was about 1870 or 1872.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8102 times
    I'm still not seeing any direct connection to the Beale tale? It's just more suspect detail and dates that can be weaved and woven through all of the rabbit holes. Where is the provenance, that required direct connection?
    audigger53 likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Jun 2007
    10326 times
    Oh, go take a COLD shower!
    franklin likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    8249 times
    Yes but "or more" would place it in the 1870's which it was about 1870 or 1872.
    Isn't that around the time when both James Beverly Ward and the widow Anzolette Saunders (at whose home Robert Morriss told the Beale tale to the "unknown author") had financial problems?
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    3996 times
    Sure was, only trouble with Anzoletta though was she died and JBW did not die until 1907.

First of all, I am not saying that the Beale Treasure Story is true? What I am saying is----- there is a direct connection between Lynchburg, Campbell County and Danville, Pittsylvania County. And this could be the reason for the cipher codes? There was a lot of gold and silver that went unaccounted for at the end of the Civil War. This may or may not be part of it.
    audigger53 and Rebel - KGC like this.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links