"Markings & Symbols"

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markings upon the landscapes, in the stars, etc. Basically what these proposals are suggesting is that pirates used “X” on their fabled maps to mark the locations of their buried treasures because no such similar markings can exist upon the landscapes unless they were man made. Of course, this is a preposterous claim, the landscapes and stars being so vast and varied that one could find multiple outlines of Micky Mouse if he desired to play this entertaining game of connecting the dots. Would this then be “a sure sign of buried or hidden treasure?” Of course not.....

Grab any symbol, any shape, any letter, etc., and you will always be able to find similar feature upon the landscapes, in the stars, etc. I'm sure, that without too much effort, that I could even outline Scooby-Do and/or the McDonald's golden arch and then proceed to manufacture and arrange these creative evidences to connect those "discoveries" to the Templers, Oak Island, The Lost Dutchman, and the Beale treasures, and more. No big mystery here, all common knowledge possibilities due to the vastness of the varied landscapes and stars.

"TJB"....printed and/or script, easily perceived to be everywhere and anywhere for all the same practical reasons. And of course, as we all know, the original source material tell's of such markings and symbols, right? Not! :thumbsup:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markings upon the landscapes, in the stars, etc. Basically what these proposals are suggesting is that pirates used “X” on their fabled maps to mark the locations of their buried treasures because no such similar markings can exist upon the landscapes unless they were man made. Of course, this is a preposterous claim, the landscapes and stars being so vast and varied that one could find multiple outlines of Micky Mouse if he desired to play this entertaining game of connecting the dots. Would this then be “a sure sign of buried or hidden treasure?” Of course not.....

Grab any symbol, any shape, any letter, etc., and you will always be able to find similar feature upon the landscapes, in the stars, etc. I'm sure, that without too much effort, that I could even outline Scooby-Do and/or the McDonald's golden arch and then proceed to manufacture and arrange these creative evidences to connect those "discoveries" to the Templers, Oak Island, The Lost Dutchman, and the Beale treasures, and more. No big mystery here, all common knowledge possibilities due to the vastness of the varied landscapes and stars.

"TJB"....printed and/or script, easily perceived to be everywhere and anywhere for all the same practical reasons. And of course, as we all know, the original source material tell's of such markings and symbols, right? Not! :thumbsup:

Yes seafaring navigators did use a BIG X ......often Hooked

0602161553.jpg

and a Chip Off The Old Block as well

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And from these totally obscure markings, you assume they must be related to a hidden or buried treasure?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, we know all of these things existed, i.e., the freemasons, templers, kgc, etc., etc., etc. What there is no provenance for are all of these lost/hidden treasure tales associated with these things, all of this coming in the wake of these elements from the pure wild speculations of man. Again, if said provenance exist then all one has to do is post that provenance, so why then, has that never happened? :laughing7: All that ever gets posted is just more long winded rhetoric and complex clutter posing to be that nonexistent simple to present provenance. It's the classic case of man fooling himself into believing in things simply due to the power of suggestion and nothing more.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And from these totally obscure markings, you assume they must be related to a hidden or buried treasure?

Nope

I found the treasures.....thanks for assuming

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we are on symbols and markings, I found these a few years ago. They are located about 300 feet up the side of a rock face near the top overlooking the Potomac River. Not Beale related but we can not seem to get an answer on what they are. There are more but not as detailed.

Picasa_1.jpg Picasa2_1.jpg

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope

I found the treasures.....thanks for assuming

:laughing7:....quite obviously, try selling that empty claim elsewhere. If you had already found them then you wouldn't still be looking for them. :laughing7: Unless, of course, you're suggesting that you found them and then lost them again, at which point I have to admit that I've never heard that one before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we are on symbols and markings, I found these a few years ago. They are located about 300 feet up the side of a rock face near the top overlooking the Potomac River. Not Beale related but we can not seem to get an answer on what they are. There are more but not as detailed.

View attachment 1513479 View attachment 1513480

Other then Eldo I doubt anyone knows for sure. :laughing7:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1513479 View attachment 1513480

Can you tell me where the markings were found in the area of the Potomac? Which cliff line?

Most of these are messages and maps...so the symbols tell the tales, and the lines show direction.....pictographs....

One on the left says that a man from a Kingdom using the letters TC to place a trove somewhere....possibly 4 of them....

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell me where the markings were found in the area of the Potomac? Which cliff line?

Most of these are messages and maps...so the symbols tell the tales, and the lines show direction.....pictographs....

One on the left says that a man from a Kingdom using the letters TC to place a trove somewhere....possibly 4 of them....

Are sure the image at left isn't the mast and flag of a pirate ship? :laughing7: Why not....maybe Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl went up the Potomac at some point and hid vast amounts of treasure there?:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OR! Jonathan Swift & Crew for their NEW Enterprise of counterfeiting Coins for the Colonies! Swift SILVER MINES-R-US...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! YEP! Swift's JOURNAL stated that they left from Alexander, Va.; sailing up the Chesapeake Bay, the Potomac River, then "on-land" from Alexander, Va.

Last edited:

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is another less defined marking or symbol of the same area I had previously posted. About 10 feet from it are holes in the rock which appear to be for torches due to scorching of the rock. These markings are on the very top horizontal surface of the cliff. The formation is sandstone and is seriously fissured.

Picasa3_1.jpg

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Then what is the point of posting the link; not everyone here has found the treasure, nor is everyone here a SME on this. But plenty of people here on this forum are very interested for many reasons and following these threads, and then out of left field comes something that has nothing to do with it at all is posted, like folks are not going to look.

So for all of us who are not hunting down the treasure but still have interest in following the topic, does this have anything to do with it or are you just wasting folks time.

Keep in mind this is a public forum with all walks of life coming here from old and young, even families. An explanation is certainly in order, and if you still feel the need to just blow everything off and belittle folks then do not waste your time anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread