Looking to Interview Treasure Hunters - The Beale Ciphers

bealetherebefore

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, everyone! I'm currently working on a long-term project for my 11th-grade research paper. I'm studying the Beale ciphers and trying to get points of view from BOTH skeptics and believers. I am also looking to interview cryptographers (no matter the experience level). Please send me a message or reply to this thread if you are interested in answering some questions! Thank you.

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, everyone! I'm currently working on a long-term project for my 11th-grade research paper. I'm studying the Beale ciphers and trying to get points of view from BOTH skeptics and believers. Please send me a message or reply to this thread if you are interested in answering some questions! Thank you.

I'm here if you have questions about those who believe in the ciphers .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will answer any and all questions on the cipher codes or the treasure story from beginning to it's near ending.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In advance, please keep it cordial!

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, everyone! I'm currently working on a long-term project for my 11th-grade research paper. I'm studying the Beale ciphers and trying to get points of view from BOTH skeptics and believers. Please send me a message or reply to this thread if you are interested in answering some questions! Thank you.

Just a warning , no one other than a few peope here thinks the ciphers are real . I would ask questions accordingly . I will try to only answer your question here and not respond to the others on this board .

Thanks for the interest .
Rev. John Piper

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A warning Jean Laf. We all may not see the cipher codes the way you think you have solved them but we have not dismissed the solving of the mystery all together. There may be a pot of gold at then end of the rainbow but they are not in the cipher codes.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ONLY the Ciphers, eh...? LOL! LAWDY!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Welcome to TreasureNet BtB.
Lots of info in the Beale subforum. Some reading will answer some questions ,and raise others.
Not a simple subject , and the ciphers are tied to so much more that isolating them by themselves misses much of the Beale question.
A great topic you have chosen for a long term project.
The who ,why ,how,when and where being sorted out for accuracy/ truth will keep you busy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bealetherebefore

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a pretty extensive topic, especially considering my project revolves around the legitimacy of the treasure haha. Lots of controversy = lots of material, thankfully. Lol. Looking forward to exploring it more after this project.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Are you into "The Treasure" or the "Ciphers"...? BOTH, will "drive you CRAZY"... ANYWAY, HH! Good Luck!

OP
OP
B

bealetherebefore

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in the ciphers! I'm looking into a career in cybersecurity, and since cryptography is a huge part of that, I'd thought it'd be fun to study the code that's never been cracked haha. The treasure is interesting enough, but I'm definitely not planning on finding it. Thanks!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it should keep you very busy. Certainly no shortage of folks who have claimed to have solved the ciphers, and by numerous different methods, no less.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in the ciphers! I'm looking into a career in cybersecurity, and since cryptography is a huge part of that, I'd thought it'd be fun to study the code that's never been cracked haha. The treasure is interesting enough, but I'm definitely not planning on finding it. Thanks!

Army Intelligence, CIA, and FBI in years gone by had the Beale Treasure Codes as a challenge for their new members to decipher. Maybe you should check with them and see what they have come up with over the years=====a lot of members.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, everyone! I'm currently working on a long-term project for my 11th-grade research paper. I'm studying the Beale ciphers and trying to get points of view from BOTH skeptics and believers. I am also looking to interview cryptographers (no matter the experience level). Please send me a message or reply to this thread if you are interested in answering some questions! Thank you.

I would be in the group of believing in the ciphers!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of false hopes out there.

OP
OP
B

bealetherebefore

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Army Intelligence, CIA, and FBI in years gone by had the Beale Treasure Codes as a challenge for their new members to decipher. Maybe you should check with them and see what they have come up with over the years=====a lot of members.

Will do!! Thanks for the tip!!!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bealetherebefore

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Those are amazing sources and I will most definitely be using them for my research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread