OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
YOUR opinion; MAYBE, it was already found! Harry Wright has been mentioned...

It also appears to be Franklin's opinion as stated in his quoted post.
Now, Rebel-KGC, have you ever found any evidence that can prove that the Beale perilous adventure in the West ever occurred outside of the pages of the Beale Papers or the highly questionable Hart Papers that reopened this treasure story after 60+ years of being dormant by introducing the tale to Pauline Innis?
If this Beale Party Expedition which is the very basis of the treasure tale never occurred outside of the pages of the "Job Print Pamphlet", as Franklin noted, "tangents skewing off from the "Job Print Pamphlet are unfounded".

*NOTE* The Freidman/Fawcett investigation of the late '40's was not presented to the general public, and it was Fawcett's conclusion that the entire Beale story originated from Mr. Ward's imagination, which becomes most obvious when one researches the obvious source material contained in the extended Risqué/Ward/Hutter/Kennerly/Hancock bloodline.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just a researcher with some "boots on the ground" work, in L'burg, B'ford City/County, Campbell County, Roanoke County,Richmond City... Found much, & shared much on T'Net. Focus now is on Lexington, Va. & VMI... Marshall Library\Museum is "fave" place; DYK...? Friedmans Papers are THERE!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also appears to be Franklin's opinion as stated in his quoted post.
Now, Rebel-KGC, have you ever found any evidence that can prove that the Beale perilous adventure in the West ever occurred outside of the pages of the Beale Papers or the highly questionable Hart Papers that reopened this treasure story after 60+ years of being dormant by introducing the tale to Pauline Innis?
If this Beale Party Expedition which is the very basis of the treasure tale never occurred outside of the pages of the "Job Print Pamphlet", as Franklin noted, "tangents skewing off from the "Job Print Pamphlet are unfounded".

*NOTE* The Freidman/Fawcett investigation of the late '40's was not presented to the general public, and it was Fawcett's conclusion that the entire Beale story originated from Mr. Ward's imagination, which becomes most obvious when one researches the obvious source material contained in the extended Risqué/Ward/Hutter/Kennerly/Hancock bloodline.

I have not ruled out completely one way or the other about the Beale Treasure as to whether it is a true story or a story of fiction. I have documents of two brothers. Both lived near where Robert Morris died in January, 1863. One brother paid for a trip to St. Louis for his other brother in 1862. Then the first brother that paid for that trip borrowed money from that brother to make his own trip to St. Louis, MO. sometime around 1873. He died the following year. Now these two trips were made for some secret reason. One of their sons when asked about the trips would not disclose what the trips were for? Strange. What was their secret?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Who lived next door to the real Robert Morris and brothers that took trips to St Louis is totally irrelevant as to proving that Beale's perilous adventure actually occurred outside of the pamphlet's pages.
James Beverly Ward spent time in St Louis, as well as his Hutter and Kennerly cousins, AND Julia Hancock, over whom Ward's grandfather fought a over with a real Thomas Beale, who moved to New Orleans, BUT that DOES NOT prove that the Thomas J Beale Expedition discovery of gold and silver really happened, which is the basis of the Beale Papers story, or that the "Thomas J Beale" character of the pamphlet was a real person.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who lived next door to the real Robert Morris and brothers that took trips to St Louis is totally irrelevant as to proving that Beale's perilous adventure actually occurred outside of the pamphlet's pages.
James Beverly Ward spent time in St Louis, as well as his Hutter and Kennerly cousins, AND Julia Hancock, over whom Ward's grandfather fought a over with a real Thomas Beale, who moved to New Orleans, BUT that DOES NOT prove that the Thomas J Beale Expedition discovery of gold and silver really happened, which is the basis of the Beale Papers story, or that the "Thomas J Beale" character of the pamphlet was a real person.

By your post I summarize you are trying to convince me to completely agree with you and say the story is not a real happening? Right now as I said I have not made up my mind and your continue post to the contrary is not convincing me either.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever found even the slightest evidence that the Beale perilous adventure happened outside of the story in the Beale Papers?
Without that proof, as Lt Fawcett reported to Col Friedman in 1949, the source of this story was sprung from the imagination of James Beverly Ward.
It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, if the Beale Party perilous adventure never happened, there was no stay with Morris or at Buford's, no unnamed author receiving the story from Morriss and selecting Ward as his agent for publishing, and NO treasure.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Have you ever found even the slightest evidence that the Beale perilous adventure happened outside of the story in the Beale Papers?
Without that proof, as Lt Fawcett reported to Col Friedman in 1949, the source of this story was sprung from the imagination of James Beverly Ward.
It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, if the Beale Party perilous adventure never happened, there was no stay with Morris or at Buford's, no unnamed author receiving the story from Morriss and selecting Ward as his agent for publishing, and NO treasure.
It was ONLY his opinion... Friedman papers are at the Marshall Museum at VMI in Lexington, Va.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Fawcett's "opinion" was based on boots on the ground interviews and research that led to this conclusion.
No evidence has come forth since his 1949 report to Friedman that can prove otherwise.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Fawcett's report closed the Beale Treasure case for Freidman, and would have remained a footnote until George Hart with the Hart Papers contacting Pauline Innis.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...then Claudine Fulton Ellis took the Hart's version a step further by claiming George Radar Brugh the proprietor of the St Louis Planters Hotel (first mentioned in the HART PAPERS) was attempting to hand deliver Beale's "key" letter to Morriss, but was killed by Ebenezor Nelms at the Blackhorse Tavern.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...then Claudine Fulton Ellis took the Hart's version a step further by claiming George Radar Brugh the proprietor of the St Louis Planters Hotel (first mentioned in the HART PAPERS) was attempting to hand deliver Beale's "key" letter to Morriss, but was killed by Ebenezor Helms at the Blackthorn Tavern.

That is Ebenezer Nelms at the Blackhorse Tavern on Tinker Creek in Roanoke, Virginia. There were four Blackhorse Taverns. Yes and George Radar Brugh was kin to the Brugh Family that owned Brugh's Mill where TJB most likely would have stopped before he went up and over the Blue Ridge at Gap that turns down to Bufford's Gap not the pass at the Blackhorse Tavern run by the Luck Family on Top of Parkway but further to the South and East. This is the pass above the "stone quarry" Brugh's Mill was dismantled and placed at Mill Mountain Park on top of the Blue Ridge Parkway over looking Roanoke.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Brugh Tavern is now @ Explore Park, BRP MP # 115; was open, ate there MANY years ago. WAS like historic Williamsburg. Still there & MAY be open for lunch & dinner, dunno. NICE "day trip" for wife & I from Lynchburg, Va.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brugh Tavern is now @ Explore Park, BRP MP # 115; was open, ate there MANY years ago. WAS like historic Williamsburg. Still there & MAY be open for lunch & dinner, dunno. NICE "day trip" for wife & I from Lynchburg, Va.

George Radar Brugh owned property on Brugh Road between Kelso and Bedford City. Ebenezer Nelms owned property South of Bedford City not far from Smith Mountain Lake. Ebenezer owned a lot of property. I believe if the treasure of Thomas Beale existed Ebenezer Nelms would have known it's location and would have recovered the treasure. I located what I believe is a vault on his old property but I have not been able to pursue the location to see if it is actually there.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, l believe Smith Mountain Lake is "hiding something" on their state-owned land going up to the lake front for swimming; that "cause-way" has many ruins (foundation of a church...?), a turtle rock, turkey feet "tracks" on boulder (pointing to turtle); a legend of a hugh mansion on land in Bedford County near-by. ANYWAY...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is Ebenezer Nelms at the Blackhorse Tavern on Tinker Creek in Roanoke, Virginia. There were four Blackhorse Taverns. Yes and George Radar Brugh was kin to the Brugh Family that owned Brugh's Mill where TJB most likely would have stopped before he went up and over the Blue Ridge at Gap that turns down to Bufford's Gap not the pass at the Blackhorse Tavern run by the Luck Family on Top of Parkway but further to the South and East. This is the pass above the "stone quarry" Brugh's Mill was dismantled and placed at Mill Mountain Park on top of the Blue Ridge Parkway over looking Roanoke.

That does not provide confirmation of Claudine Fulton Ellis's claim that Nelms killed Brugh to keep him from delivering Beale's "key" letter to Morriss.
As with the Beale Papers and Hart Papers, No outside supporting evidence exists, just endless speculation to fit actual people and locations into the presented stories, similar to the mention of actual names in the original Beale Papers to create the illusion of credibility to the story narrative and ciphers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread