WAS THE CANDLE WORTH THE GAME?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
After 132+ years no one has been able to correctly solved those two unsolved ciphers and discover the location of Beale's treasure vault nor has anyone been able to prove that the events detailed in the BEALE PAPERS narrative occurred outside of Ward's copyrighted and published pamphlet pages.

With the abrupt end of the flurries of "solved" claims and random unrelated facts that have been pieced together as "proof", has it been concluded and accepted that the Beale Papers was a fictional dime novel with alluded "real" references included to make the story appear plausible?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
After 132+ years no one has been able to correctly solved those two unsolved ciphers and discover the location of Beale's treasure vault nor has anyone been able to prove that the events detailed in the BEALE PAPERS narrative occurred outside of Ward's copyrighted and published pamphlet pages.

With the abrupt end of the flurries of "solved" claims and random unrelated facts that have been pieced together as "proof", has it been concluded and accepted that the Beale Papers was a fictional dime novel with alluded "real" references included to make the story appear plausible?
YOUR opinion, ONLY! Does NOT matter... We CAN & WILL, carry on! Why..? 'Cause it is FUN! CHEERS!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...but with what accurate facts to provide as proof for the Beale perilous adventure, the stay at Buford's, the treasure vault, the "unknown author" hearing the tale from Morriss during the "2nd year of the Confederate War", and so on?
It does seem that every possible speculative theory has been discussed on these threads with the same outcome and conclusions.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The writer( s) may not have known for sure at the time ,and would not have been able to note future results after their deaths...but the candle was certainly worth the game! And the game worth the candle. And ink. Paper ,ect..

A tale that has inspired digging , and has withstood the " test" of time.
If deemed reality based ,then a challenging puzzle. With the ingredients required to trigger and hold certain readers interested in such possibilities.

If deemed fiction , an example of good public rousing writing.

The thought and consideration of human response/ reaction to certain stimuli not just happenstance in such writing. Making it in my opinion darned good for it's time if it is fiction.
( I'm trying to write neutrally.)

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Ward's published pamphlet may well be the "GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL"...
...or a way for Max Guggenheimer, Esq, to sell large amounts of candle merchandise at his department store in 1885.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ward's published pamphlet may well be the "GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL"...
...or a way for Max Guggenheimer, Esq, to sell large amounts of candle merchandise at his department store in 1885.

Shovels! Size # 2. Like hot-cakes baby!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Buy a book, get a pick and shovel, strike for Buford's , dig, grow rich or starve"
- John William Sherman, book review, April 10, 1865-LYNCHBURG VIRGIAIAN, Page1, Column 3.
John William Sherman was James Beverly Ward's cousin and the printer of THE BEALE PAPERS.
Max Guggenheimer, who was the only living person mentioned by name in THE BEALE PAPERS, ran advertisements for his department store in the LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN.
Was this the first example of clever subliminal marketing?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
YOUR opinion, ONLY! Does NOT matter... We CAN & WILL, carry on! Why..? 'Cause it is FUN! CHEERS!
...and one can always buy another candle. :laughing7:
...today, they even sell Yankee Candles in Lynchburg. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! Yeah... they burn out QUICK!
Those who knew the worth of the candle:
James Beverly Ward, of course
Harriet Emmaline Otey Ward
John William Sherman
Max Guggenheimer
Charles W Button
Vincent A Witcher
Rowland D Buford
Margaret L Buford
Ann Buford Hall
...all were contemporaries of the 1885 BEALE PAPERS publishing and sale, some directly involved, others involved after it was placed on sale due to a family name mentioned to create plausibility of the presented narrative.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Those who knew the worth of the candle:
James Beverly Ward, of course
Harriet Emmaline Otey Ward
John William Sherman
Max Guggenheimer
Charles W Button
Vincent A Witcher
Rowland D Buford
Margaret L Buford
Ann Buford Hall
...all were contemporaries of the 1885 BEALE PAPERS publishing and sale, some directly involved, others involved after it was placed on sale due to a family name mentioned to create plausibility of the presented narrative.
None of the above got a pick and shovel, struck for Buford's, to dig and grow rich!

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The revelation of the Beale treasure story by Robert Morriss to this "unknown author" during the "2nd year of the Confederate War" involves people either related to James Beverly Ward or his wife Harriet Emmaline Otey Ward who was born and raised "4 miles from Buford's"- the candle always illuminates Ward for what its worth in the Beale game.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on my last GOLD HUNT. Leave out the third letter "L" This is a quest, I hope I get to recover when I find it. Treasures on this Earth mean absolutely nothing. I have found or I should say I have researched and decoded everything to where the treasures should be located but due to unwilling landowners and government entities the treasures can not be recovered. So what it all boils down to without a recovery, no treasures have been found.

I am going to make a template to "Decode" the Holy Bible. If I am not successful in this endeavor, I hope I can get to my destination on a "Wing and a Prayer." Good Luck to all. I hope you find the treasures you seek.

I can prove the Providence of God, in the forming of this great country. I can actually verify it. I can also prove that God was with man when he placed the first foot prints on the Moon on July 20, 21, of 1969. God is with us always, it is man that goes astray but eventually we will come back. Do not want to get in to too much religion as it may offend some posters. But this is a quest that will last me the rest of my days.

I have also decoded the DOI and it's hidden message. When our government has a separation of church and state, it is only in their mind. If they only knew what the DOI and other documents say?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions