OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seriously doubt that the author listed on that Amazon page you posted, James Beverly Ward, selected the category for THE BEALE PAPERS- he has been dead for quite some time.
Now by stating that the author posted that on Amazon, that has James Beverly Ward listed as author, are you now in agreement that Ward was the true author of the this story, which indeed would indicate that it was a work of fiction?

Some comments from those that state it is a work of Fiction:
"To me, the pamphlet has all the earmarks of a fake"
,-Dr Clarence Williams , Head Researcher of THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
"The Beale treasure is likely to be a hoax invented by whomever authored the Beale Papers"- Dr Todd Mateer "some pretty compelling arguments that the entire original story (Beale Papers) was a hoax"- Nick Pelling
"I'm afraid that the Beale Papers Mystery story is just a fable"- Ken Bauman
"Mr Walker(Ward's greatgrandson) admitted to having a copy of the Beale Papers, in which he placed no credence...and thought undoubely Mr. Ward was the true author of the Beale Papers...unanswered is the question as to why he wrote the story...the investigation in which we made tended to support the view that the whole story of gold buried in Bedford county by Captain Beale and his associates was spun from the imagination of Me. Ward".
-Lt Thomas Fawcett
"The ciphers should be considered in the same light as the myriad treasure maps sold in the Southern states purported to come down from pirate days".
-Elizabeth Smith Friedman, Div of Intelligence USCG
(he Beale Papers were) specifically designed to lure the unwary reader"
-Col William Friedman US Military codebreaker

Now if the rest of the world says it's Non-fiction, please provide a list of "the rest of the world" that says it's non fiction, because this Amazon page does not confirm that it is "non-fiction" in anyway whatsoever.

Let me have a better understanding, you guys research fictional characters in a fictional story and makeup fictional theories about your favorite fictional character?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fan fiction

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Who in the that list of quotes of experts in their fields that studied the Beale Papers and ciphers I presented, are "fictional?
If you make statements like this, you, masterpoe, should be able and need to present proof beyond your opinion, otherwise it appears to be based on your need to believe that the Beale ciphers and treasure exists outside of the pages of that dime novel pamphlet.
You do protest to much when actual quotes and evidence are presented that show that the Beale story was and is a work of fiction.
What in the Beale story makes you believe that it is true?
Saying it is real, does not make it so.
Please us present a "better understanding" .

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who in the that list of quotes of experts in their fields that studied the Beale Papers and ciphers I presented, are "fictional?
If you make statements like this, you, masterpoe, should be able and need to present proof beyond your opinion, otherwise it appears to be based on your need to believe that the Beale ciphers and treasure exists outside of the pages of that dime novel pamphlet.
You do protest to much when actual quotes and evidence are presented that show that the Beale story was and is a work of fiction.
What in the Beale story makes you believe that it is true?
Saying it is real, does not make it so.
Please us present a "better understanding" .

Saying it is fictional, will not make it so!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
With so many experts in their various fields call it fiction and even a hoax, you seem to be one of few in the world to claim otherwise, and still, you never provide any factual support for you belief that this fictional dime novel story is true.
Why is that?
Could it be that there exists no outside of the pamphlet evidence anywhere that can confirm the Beale perilous adventure story?
While disparaging the factual information posted by me and others on these threads, it would be welcomed if you actually posted supporting facts for your position taken in this discussion besides the constant promotion of "Jean Laf being the only one to solve the Beale ciphers" which has been the premise to a majority of your posts.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With so many experts in their various fields call it fiction and even a hoax, you seem to be one of few in the world to claim otherwise, and still, you never provide any factual support for you belief that this fictional dime novel story is true.
Why is that?
Could it be that there exists no outside of the pamphlet evidence anywhere that can confirm the Beale perilous adventure story?
While disparaging the factual information posted by me and others on these threads, it would be welcomed if you actually posted supporting facts for your position taken in this discussion besides the constant promotion of "Jean Laf being the only one to solve the Beale ciphers" which has been the premise to a majority of your posts.

Tell me, was Captain Thomas Beale related to President Madison as his Father's uncle? You have not admitted you were wrong yet!

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol....you can't produce a single documented account of Spanish gold mines in the region in question during the period in question. No one has ever been able to, not even the scholars in the archives. You're simply dreaming and practicing creative theory there, my friend. :laughing7:

A French Expedition to Pagosa Peak
In 1765 a French scholar studying in Spain stumbled across the notes from the Onate expedition. He was so taken by the idea of unearthing the lost mine that he raised money to travel to the American West with a party large enough to properly exploit his discovery. According to W.C. Jameson’s Colorado Treasure Tales, the French miners found the mine and went to work. Using equipment and mules purchased in New Orleans, they excavated nine shafts near Pagosa Peak and accumulated gold that some say would be worth one hundred million dollars today.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-leads/155674-spanish-gold-colorado-mine-shaft.html

Any chance of a response Big Guy?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... You have not admitted you were wrong yet!
You haven't proven that any of this confirms the Beale fictional story or have proven that Jean Laf is the only one to "correctly solve" the Beale ciphers.
Any chance of a response little guy?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance of a response Big Guy?

:laughing7:.....you do realize that said document has never surfaced, yes? Even in modern times treasure hunting magazines, etc., were choked full of this same type of fantasy writing. The history of Onate in this country is well documented and no said document has ever been produced, nor has any document ever surfaced in regards to an actual French mine anywhere in the region. Again, this is where reality gets lost in all of the creative fantasy, as no doubt someone many years from now will stumble across all the unsupported claims in this forum and others and call them factual, and yet they are anything but. If you're going to base everything from all of these simple fictional fantasy tales then you are simply pursuing fantasy. Your continued resistance to consult actual scholarly materials/documents in favor of fictional fantasy writings speaks volumes.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masterpoe, you suffer from the same self-inflicted fate as all those inspired and excitable claimants before you, your entire thesis constructed from common and simple lore, conjecture, and wild speculation, and yet at every turn there is the complete absence of any actual fact. This is why all those before you have failed and faded away and it's why nobody will take your thesis seriously today. You can't keep doing exactly as all those before you have done and expect different results. None of it can magically turn into fact. Failure is the only outcome that can result when you simply refuse to deal in facts right from the very start. :icon_thumright:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, there IS "manufactured FACTS", FAKE news... WHATEVER!

I guess that would fall under the opinions without hard facts category...??? lol!

As far as the subject of this thread... I seriously doubt many people outside of the historical treasure legends world or Parts of Virginia even know about the Beale Story.

Kace

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess that would fall under the opinions without hard facts category...??? lol!

As far as the subject of this thread... I seriously doubt many people outside of the historical treasure legends world or Parts of Virginia even know about the Beale Story.

Kace

...or actually really care. :thumbsup:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Masterpoe, you suffer from the same self-inflicted fate as all those inspired and excitable claimants before you, your entire thesis constructed from common and simple lore, conjecture, and wild speculation, and yet at every turn there is the complete absence of any actual fact...
"Despite all data suggesting the story is simply a hoax, legions of cryptographers attempt to decipher the remaining documents. The look of those obsessed with treasure generally prevents them from accepting contradictory data or even visualizing alternatives to the Beale treasure story-Richard E Joltes/ CRITICAL ENQUIRY

It is this "obsession" that drives one to attach and create totally unrelated "facts" in attempts to prove the Beale story true and to respond with insults to those who point out that these "facts", in fact have no basis as real facts related to the Beale story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread