Not open for further replies.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You have taken the time to read the copy on that Amazon page:
The Beale Papers are a set of so-called authentic statements about three ciphers, the first allegedly states..."
"SO-CALLED", "ALLEGEDLY" is NOT a confirmation by Amazon that the story is non-fiction or true, not by the stretch of anyone's imagination.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One would think, given the very-very tiny niche/following that is the well known Beale Papers, that the outside world has pretty much cast their opinion on the tale, just as has nearly every credible scholar, etc. Now if someone, someday, eventually discovers an actual fact that puts some measure of credibility into the tale then that "might" trigger a tiny glimmer of new hope. But until then I'd say that all of the outside world ballets have long been passed around and those votes counted. Going to take actual facts now to turn that tide as the tale has grown far too weary and completely choked to death with only wild speculations, manufactured solutions, etc.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beale Papers are a set of so-called authentic statements about three ciphers, the first allegedly states..."
"SO-CALLED", "ALLEGEDLY" is NOT a confirmation by Amazon that the story is non-fiction or true, not by the stretch of anyone's imagination.

And not in the FICTIONAL writing! LOL:cat:

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

But not FICTIONAL! LOL

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Foolish to seek fortune when real treasure hiding under nose."
Are you quoting me now? I mean, didn't I recently just point this same thing out to you? So are you now dropping the Beale thing and buying a metal detector so you can actually start pursuing and recovering real treasure? Good for you! :icon_thumright:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
But not FICTIONAL! LOL

In addition to not noticing the "so-called authentic statements" and "allegedly states" in the Amazon book review on the link you posted, you also seemed to miss the Carl Hammer was the editor of this work that included his commentary which gave it the non-fiction designation- which is not the same as proclaiming the actual Beale story as true.
As you are so fond of telling others, masterpoe, you are wrong again.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's this? Well, it's a period correct 10k gold signet ring. Now if I can just "recover" the other one that has TJB inscribed on it and I'll have the full set! :laughing7: And yep, you are spot on Masterpoe, It was right under everyone's nose. :icon_thumright:
DSCN1081 small.jpg

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Foolish to seek fortune when real treasure hiding under nose."
Are you quoting me now? I mean, didn't I recently just point this same thing out to you? So are you now dropping the Beale thing and buying a metal detector so you can actually start pursuing and recovering real treasure? Good for you! :icon_thumright:

Why would you need a metal detector if you know exactly where it was?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did those thirty men never show up at the inn? Also, I am surprised at the level of trust placed in one man.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, but how can one know right where it's at if they've not found it?

Because the decipherings tell the exact location? I don't know a metal detector that gets to 6 feet, but I could be uninformed!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because the decipherings tell the exact location? I don't know a metal detector that gets to 6 feet, but I could be uninformed!

lol...but there are hundreds of decodings that allegedly tell the exact location, all different in resolve and all applying different methods in the endless and continued attempts to fill in all of the existing blanks. Still, to date, not one single piece of factual evidence that can even be directly connected to the tale. Blind faith can only lead to blind solution creating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread