Sunday Drive - Upper Goose Creek Valley, Bedford County, Va.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ONLY thing that I can think of is the "slash" of boulder/rocks on the BRP above UGCV; dunno, if it ABOVE the Smyrna, Va. "area". Some of it MAY have been "natural" with "cuts" made in the building of the Blue Ridge Parkway, BEFORE reaching Bear Wallow Gap... I have to review my BUILDING THE BLUE RIDGE book. There is a picture of "Buck" W.T. Wright on his donkey & dog, Tippy near-by. "Buck" has an umbrella & bag of "chestnuts"... going into Buchanan, Va. I have seen two "pics" of "Buck" with his umbrella; if it was closed & down... "Treasure" may be "open"; if it was open & up... "Treasure" was CLOSED, COVERED, & PROTECTED... what one "old-timer" (CSA History "nut") told me. MORE later.
Found my book, BUILDING THE BLUE RIDGE by Karen J. Hall & Friends of the BRP, Inc. "Pic" of "Buck" W.T. Wright on his donkey, Tippy near-by. Umbrella is down, & his "bag" of chestnuts is too smooth to be chestnuts... dunno.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it in the BEALE PAPERS PAMPHLET...? ANOTHER "source" stated that the KEELBOAT was the SYNIA.

You are correct the Keelboat was called the Synia. Here is a handdrawn picture of the keelboat Synia

https://screenshots.firefox.com/rYAPiDZHWFMxBd0Y/babel.hathitrust.org Synia.jpg

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table