A Question For True Believers

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The unknown author, this honest and truthful man who has elected to expose his secret to the public so that someone might benefit from his generous and true gesture. Why then, did the author not provide his selected agent, Ward, with the original letters and ciphers so that his agent could confirm his alleged true story? I mean, the unknown author had them and he certainly would have realized their importance in confirming his tale, so why are they completely absent and nonexistent? This same complete absence of documentation runs true in nearly every "treasure tale" told. :icon_thumright:

Were they lost in a flood? A fire, perhaps? Did the unknown author eat them, maybe use them for toilet paper? Or, did they just simply never exist in the first place? What will the answer be? :laughing7:

Last edited:

goldhunter2

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is explained in the papers.

"Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832"

and "The papers enclosed herewith will be unintelligible without the key, which will reach you in time"

he did not receive the key.

"The box was left in my hands in the Spring of 1822, and by authority of his letter, I should have examined its contents in 1832, ten years thereafter, having heard nothing from Beale in the meantime; but it was not until 1845, some twenty-three years after it came into my possession, that I decided upon opening it. During that year I had the lock broken, and with the exception of the two letters addressed to myself, and some old receipts, found only some unintelligible papers, covered with figures, and totally incomprehensible to me."

the key (DOI) was given to "a friend" to hold on to for 10 years, separate from the cipher, so anything could have happened to it.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is explained in the papers.

"Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832"

and "The papers enclosed herewith will be unintelligible without the key, which will reach you in time"

he did not receive the key.

"The box was left in my hands in the Spring of 1822, and by authority of his letter, I should have examined its contents in 1832, ten years thereafter, having heard nothing from Beale in the meantime; but it was not until 1845, some twenty-three years after it came into my possession, that I decided upon opening it. During that year I had the lock broken, and with the exception of the two letters addressed to myself, and some old receipts, found only some unintelligible papers, covered with figures, and totally incomprehensible to me."

the key (DOI) was given to "a friend" to hold on to for 10 years, separate from the cipher, so anything could have happened to it.

No, you're talking about the "alleged" key, what I'm talking about are the "alleged" real letters and "ciphers" that the unknown author claimed he possessed. Why have these alleged "real letters and ciphers" never been presented? No doubt the author would have realized how important they would have been in confirming his tale, so why have they never existed beyond his fantastic story? :laughing7: Countless treasure legends suffer from this same type of reality and story-telling pattern, the complete absence of the very documents said to have existed. :icon_thumright:

goldhunter2

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh i see what you mean. since this was intended to be a well kept secret it makes sense they did not care to "prove it" to people 200 years later. the solution would be proof. i'm not sure what the ownership chain was of all the "original" documents, but not surprising anyone that owned them might have lost them or kept them private. if they were shown to ward but not given, then what? he did not have a camera to take pictures at the time, or a copy machine. i don't think missing the original documents proves this is fake. it is a good question though. (edit: possible he had a camera, but still unlikely he'd take pictures of the documents)

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the author wrote the story to enlighten people of a truth then why keep the originals a secret? You see, until this story was written "nobody" and I do mean "nobody" had any knowledge of it...not the families of the thirty alleged party members, not the residents in the region or the residents of where these men had been, traveled, etc., etc. Not a single trace or memory of any of it or of T. J. Beale who, according to the author, was favored by the ladies and universally known. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What if it was a SECRET MISSION; the BPP being a "cover story"...? BTW, I am NOT a "true believer" in the story as written... :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if it was a SECRET MISSION; the BPP being a "cover story"...? BTW, I am NOT a "true believer" in the story as written... :laughing7:

Why draw attention to a secret mission? Why expose it and then create a cover story to hide what you just exposed? Why not just keep the secret a secret? :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It is STILL a SECRET to MOST ppl; WAYYYY above YOUR pay scale to "know"; WHY would the NSA be interested in "The Beale", sending Agents to Lynchburg, Va. in the 1940's, eh...?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the NSA is really interested in treasure as you say, why do they not contact me. I have tried to give the US Government hundreds of tons of gold in 58 different depositories, yet they are SILENT. The same goes for the FBI. I have contacted them all SS, US Federal Marshall's, US Senators, US Congressmen and Congresswomen, The President, the Vice President and the First Lady, along with every branch of the US Government. I have even talked with White House Security and every Network that has reality shows. Naw nobody is interested in TREASURE and I mean NOBODY.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Books won't sell until you recover the treasures and the US Government is unwilling to let me do what I have to do. 59 years of research and work wasted while only three feet away.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but the maps to all of their locations except the three in Danville, Virginia are on US Government land, three feet deep. All three of the treasures and a fourth depository with the contents not listed are all in three different cemeteries with their locations known. We should take this some where else, I do not want to get off the thread's topic.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ONLY place that I can "find" is the EVERYTHING ELSE "Forum"... gotta be carefully worded, tho.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions