Do These Names Sound Familiar?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you Beale guys know any of these folks?

Joe Toney
Earl Boggs
Wilbur Swift
Ray Karnes
E.A. Overstreet, Jr
Tom? Dooley (I might have his first name wrong)
Carl Hammer
Ken Tooley

Kace

They were all on "Unsolved Mysteries" back in the early 1980's. That last name is Ken Dooley. I used him for a dig with two Florida partners in North Goose Creek. He lived along US 460 about half way between Montvale and Bedford City. The Tony brothers and their partner were from Pennsylvania. I was hunting the Swift Treasure down under Pound Gap, Virginia and dug on property that belonged to kin of the Tony Brothers. That all happened over thirty years ago.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought you probably had seen that...It looked like it was filmed a long time ago in Bedford County.

The contractor said he's done digs for quite a few hunters.

Kace

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you probably had seen that...It looked like it was filmed a long time ago in Bedford County.

The contractor said he's done digs for quite a few hunters.

Kace

The Tony Brothers were digging on property, some belonging to Johnson's Orchard. That is the same location that "Million Dollar Mysteries" filimed when I was on the show for Turner Network. I believe the "Discovery Channel" also filmed on that property. It is to the East of Taylor's Mountain. Ken Dooley that was doing the digging with the backhoe stopped digging right after he dug for us. I do not know if any of his children continued his work or not. Nice gentleman. I forgot the BBC also filmed the life story of Thomas Beale on the Johnson Orchard.

When I filmed for the "Discovery Channel", "Arthur C. Clark's Mysterious Universe" we filmed in North Goose Creek, just under the hill on the West side of Walnut Grove Church. The property then belonged to Jimmy Luck, a grandson of Rev. George P. Luck. He was a land surveyor as well as pastor at the Walnut Grove Church. Rev. Luck lived just on the East side of Walnut Grove Church. One treasure hunter says there is an alluvial on that property and the treasure is buried there. But I do not think so. All though the woods have never been cut and the fields all go around it. The Luck Family Cemetery is on the right as you go up by the homesite of Rev. G. P. Luck.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dr. Carl Hammer was WELL-KNOWN; the Ciphers EXPERT...
He started a research group in 1968, which became the Beale Cipher Association out of PA in the 70's. They studied the ciphers, some ppl came down to Bedford County, Va. to dig ( & left holes... p/o'ing the local farmers/land-owners). They later dis-banded in the mid-70's or so; finding NOTHING! HA! "'Google" Beale Cipher Association; HH! Good Luck! Have a HAPPY "Gobble Day"! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting posts by Reb and franklin! I'm sure Bedford County has been pounded by hunters of Beale.

Happy Thanksgiving to You All!

I didn't get to go Gun Hunting for a Turkey this season...That's half of my entertainment, mixing the platters up with the wild and store bought birds for my city relatives! lol!

I'll be ready for Christmas Dinner though....Crossbow! They won't even expect it!

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"franklin" has more "boots on the ground" experience in Bedford County than I do; I "pound" the streets of L'burg & do LOTS of R & I in this area. We are sorta a TEAM (Together, Each Achieve More)… AND! It is FUN!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Bedford City/County Museum has a ROOM FULL of family history folders; GREAT place to do research on "names". Closed for "Gobble Day"... maybe, LATER! Go NOW to bedfordvamuseum.org/ HH! Good Luck! Have FUN!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FURTHER R & I for the next cold winter months, can be done @ Beale Ciphers Analysis by Ron Gervais; think that he once lived in Roanoke, Va.

OP
OP
Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
FURTHER R & I for the next cold winter months, can be done @ Beale Ciphers Analysis by Ron Gervais; think that he once lived in Roanoke, Va.

That Very Well Could Be Above My Pay Grade! I like it best seeing what you guys take on things are! lol!

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nah, NOT above your pay scale... FREE! Ron has GREAT info from research done by Richard H. Greaves; I like Page 16 & Page 17... BUT! Suit yourself!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread