Who Was The Big Fat Liar?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T

Treasures2Find

Yes but what I wrote came from Jacob Fowler's Journals and they mention the Party as being led by Benjamin Cooper not Thomas J. Beale. There is nothing that can be found I do not believe as I have searched everywhere.

We do know there are a lot of records missing for much of that time, such as census records, etc., and some of it is missing for entire states.
Also, there is the Indian legend that suggests it could be true, as well as other things that could very well be related to the Beale party. For instance, I have found a very good candidate for being the unknown author. He fits almost every point of the story, though I need to do more research.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do know there are a lot of records missing for much of that time, such as census records, etc., and some of it is missing for entire states.
Also, there is the Indian legend that suggests it could be true, as well as other things that could very well be related to the Beale party. For instance, I have found a very good candidate for being the unknown author. He fits almost every point of the story, though I need to do more research.

Go for it and spend about 50 years or more as I have, maybe you will come to the Light.

T

Treasures2Find

Go for it and spend about 50 years or more as I have, maybe you will come to the Light.

The amount of time spent on something doesn't necessarily equate to success. What really matters is finding the evidence, and I think I have, for at least the unknown author. Who knows, maybe this guy made up the story, but at least it's evidence of something.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said keep working. Think you have this and think you have that does not work. You have got to know with documents to back you up. One can think on and on into infinity but still come up with less than you started with?

T

Treasures2Find

Like I said keep working. Think you have this and think you have that does not work. You have got to know with documents to back you up. One can think on and on into infinity but still come up with less than you started with?

I know that's true. I do have documents for what I'm saying, but I also have to find more before I can say I'm 100% convinced.

T

Treasures2Find

franklin,
On a post a couple years ago you told of something you found :
"Well I found more than a large hole. I found several large pots that had washed down the branch into Goose Creek and I did find two silver coins one made in France and the other a Spanish Pillar Dollar both dated before the burial of the treasure in 1819 and 1822. I have a copy on paper when I find it I will post them."

Then you were asked: "Was this location found by your deciphered C1 & C3 solutions? Do you believe this was Beale's vault ?"

You said: "Yes"

If you found these thing by way of your decipherment of the codes, and I'm not saying you didn't, then how is it that you have now decided that it didn't actually happen that way?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word to the wise, members can earn timeouts for calling other members a liar.

T

Treasures2Find

Word to the wise, members can earn timeouts for calling other members a liar.

In case you meant that for me, I didn't call anyone a liar. I didn't even suggest that anyone lied. I was simply asking why a person could find so much evidence, and then turn around and say it doesn't exist.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I believe the mod misunderstood what you meant. You are asking Franklin why he doesn't think his decipherment is valid, right?

T

Treasures2Find

I believe the mod misunderstood what you meant. You are asking Franklin why he doesn't think his decipherment is valid, right?

Yes. After deciphering the codes and then finding what they said would be there. How could you possibly doubt that?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you meant that for me, I didn't call anyone a liar. I didn't even suggest that anyone lied. I was simply asking why a person could find so much evidence, and then turn around and say it doesn't exist.

Wasnt directed at you at all....Comment calling a member a liar was deleted by another mod.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, a depression was found 15 ft in diameter and 3 feet deep. I had a fellow come out from California with new equipment for finding treasure. It was what we call a GPR which is a ground resisitivity meter. It showed no treasure. We dug to a depth of 6 feet found a couple of wine bottles dated 1952. So we believed someone in 1952 found the treasure and left the wine bottles in the bottom of the hole. Later, I went back with my Garrett's metal detector and found the two coins on the opposite side of the branch under or near a large boulder. I thought the people that found the treasure may have celebrated and thrown a couple of the coins. Peter Viemeister did a pencil tracing of the two coins. I saw no relation of the two coins to the Beale Treasure as I could not confirm the treasure was found. I did not even ask Peter for a copy of the pencil tracing. So that ended that story. My search continued for the Beale Treasure. Over the years I kind of got to where I could find no verification of the expedition out West so I concluded that the story must have been just that a story. But I still keep an open mind to the possibilities.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
1952...? THE year George L. Hart released THE HART PAPERS! WOW! His brother, Clayton DID blast out a big old tree that their
"psychic" pointed out... READ the HART PAPERS!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Got ANOTHER "source" for Robert MORRIS that served as Mayor of Lynchburg, Va.; found it yesterday. From "Full text of Fluvanna County, Virginia & its People"; "Robert Austin Morris of Bremo (Bluff)... he lived for a while in Lynchburg, where he served one term as Mayor."

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got ANOTHER "source" for Robert MORRIS that served as Mayor of Lynchburg, Va.; found it yesterday. From "Full text of Fluvanna County, Virginia & its People"; "Robert Austin Morris of Bremo (Bluff)... he lived for a while in Lynchburg, where he served one term as Mayor."

What page? I could not find it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions