The 1832 Letter To Mr Morriss And It's Purpose

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St Louis, Mo, May 9th, 1822

Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822.

Please open the box by breaking the lock. You will find two letters address to you and three ciphers. Please read the letters first as they will give you more information about the purpose of the box.

The three ciphers can be decrypted by the use of the key and the procedure that is on the page 2 of this letter.
Cipher number 1 is determined by the 71 as the starting number. Cipher number 2 is determined by the 115 as the starting number. Cipher number 3 is determined by the 317 as the starting number.

You can see they are in order 71 the lowest number is first and 317 the larger number last.

The three ciphers will reveal the true story of what our business has been out West with no problems finding what we have hidden so long ago.

Don't let any false punctillio prevent you from this task at hand or your reward.

Page 1

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dear Mr Morriss

It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822.

Please open the box by breaking the lock. You will find two letters address to you and three ciphers. Please read the letters first as they will give you more information about the purpose of the box.

The three ciphers can be decrypted by the use of the key and the procedure that is on the page 2 of this letter.
Cipher number 1 is determined by the 71 as the starting number. Cipher number 2 is determined by the 115 as the starting number. Cipher number 3 is determined by the 317 as the starting number.

You can see they are in order 71 the lowest number is first and 317 the larger number last.

The three ciphers will reveal the true story of what our business has been out West with no problems finding what we have hidden so long ago.

Don't let any false punctillio prevent you from this task at hand or your reward.

Page 1

And that came from the mind of Jean Lafitte? Sorry we saw all of that years ago on his blogsite. Not to mention it of course. But that proves absolutely nothing. It is wishful thinking, conjecturing and fabricating something to make it fit your needs. No sir, not true.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dear Mr Morriss

Page 1

:laughing7:....Five, this is what you just can't grasp, you can't even keep track of your own ridiculous fabrications.
"It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822." :laughing7: (it may eventually come to you, but I doubt it.)
"Please open the box by breaking the lock." Now you're even making poor old Morriss out to be a big fat deceiving liar. :laughing7: (Shifting the lies once again.)
About the only place a flood comes into place in this fabulous tale of treasure is the overwhelming flood that has completely drown your ridiculous summations, solutions, and remedies, and now, your obvious and intentional deceptions..:icon_thumright: I think this thread pretty much sucks the last and final breath out of your credibility. But be proud, you managed it all by yourself.

Not to mention, you also just cut the head clear off of your honest unknown author....:laughing7:....and every other character associated with the tale. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that came from the mind of Jean Lafitte? Sorry we saw all of that years ago on his blogsite. Not to mention it of course. But that proves absolutely nothing. It is wishful thinking, conjecturing and fabricating something to make it fit your needs. No sir, not true.

Did not know Pirates had websites, but I have not seen such a simple explanation of the three ciphers. JLP has a video, but he is using two other methods to get the ciphers in order!

I'm sure the ciphers did not have a page number on them from Beale, they are ciphers after all!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:....Five, this is what you just can't grasp, you can't even keep track of your own ridiculous fabrications.
"It has been ten years from the time I last saw you. You are receiving this letter as promised in 1822." :laughing7: (it may eventually come to you, but I doubt it.)
"Please open the box by breaking the lock." Now you're even making poor old Morriss out to be a big fat deceiving liar. :laughing7: (Shifting the lies once again.)
About the only place a flood comes into place in this fabulous tale of treasure is the overwhelming flood that has completely drown your ridiculous summations, solutions, and remedies, and now, your obvious and intentional deceptions..:icon_thumright: I think this thread pretty much sucks the last and final breath out of your credibility. But be proud, you managed it all by yourself.

Not to mention, you also just cut the head clear off of your honest unknown author....:laughing7:....and every other character associated with the tale. :thumbsup:

The following is the letter addressed to Mr. Morriss by Beale, and dated St. Louis, May, 1822, and was the latest communication ever received from him:

St. Louis, Mo., May 9th, 1822.

Robt. Morris, Esq.:

My Esteemed Friend: - Ever since leaving my comfortable quarters at your house I have been journeying to this place, and only succeeded in reaching it yesterday. I have had altogether a pleasant time, the weather being fine and the atmosphere bracing. I shall remain here a week or ten days longer, then "ho" for the plains, to hunt the buffalo and encounter the savage grizzlies. How long I may be absent I cannot now determine, certainly no less than two years, perhaps longer.

With regard to the box left in your charge, I have a few words to say, and, if you will permit me, give you some instructions concerning it. It contains papers vitally affecting the fortunes of myself and many others engaged in business with me, and in the event of my death, its loss might be irreparable. You will, therefore, see the necessity of guarding it with vigilance and care to prevent so great a catastrophe. It also contains some letters addressed to yourself, and which will be necessary to enlighten you concerning the business in which we are engaged. Should none of us ever return you will please preserve carefully the box for the period of ten years from the date of this letter, and if I, or no one with authority from me during that time demands its restoration, you will open it, which can be done by removing the lock. You will find, in addition to the papers addressed to you, other papers which will be unintelligible without the aid of a key to assist you. Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832. By means of this you will understand fully all you will be required to do.

I know you will cheerfully comply with my request, thus adding to the many obligations under which you have already placed me. In the meantime, should death or sickness happen to you, to which all are liable, please select from among your friends some one worthy, and to him hand this letter, and to him delegate your authority. I have been thus particular in my instructions, in consequence of the somewhat perilous enterprise in which we are engaged, but trust we shall meet long ere the time expires, and so save you this trouble. Be the result what it may, however, the game is worth the candle, and we will play it to the end. With kindest wishes for your most excellent wife, compliments to the ladies, a good word to enquiring friends, if there be any, and assurances of my highest esteem for yourself, I remain as ever,

Your sincere friend, T.J.B.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The following is the letter addressed to Mr. Morriss by Beale, and dated St. Louis, May, 1822, and was the latest communication ever received from him:

St. Louis, Mo., May 9th, 1822.

Robt. Morris, Esq.:

My Esteemed Friend: - Ever since leaving my comfortable quarters at your house I have been journeying to this place, and only succeeded in reaching it yesterday. I have had altogether a pleasant time, the weather being fine and the atmosphere bracing. I shall remain here a week or ten days longer, then "ho" for the plains, to hunt the buffalo and encounter the savage grizzlies. How long I may be absent I cannot now determine, certainly no less than two years, perhaps longer.

With regard to the box left in your charge, I have a few words to say, and, if you will permit me, give you some instructions concerning it. It contains papers vitally affecting the fortunes of myself and many others engaged in business with me, and in the event of my death, its loss might be irreparable. You will, therefore, see the necessity of guarding it with vigilance and care to prevent so great a catastrophe. It also contains some letters addressed to yourself, and which will be necessary to enlighten you concerning the business in which we are engaged. Should none of us ever return you will please preserve carefully the box for the period of ten years from the date of this letter, and if I, or no one with authority from me during that time demands its restoration, you will open it, which can be done by removing the lock. You will find, in addition to the papers addressed to you, other papers which will be unintelligible without the aid of a key to assist you. Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832. By means of this you will understand fully all you will be required to do.

I know you will cheerfully comply with my request, thus adding to the many obligations under which you have already placed me. In the meantime, should death or sickness happen to you, to which all are liable, please select from among your friends some one worthy, and to him hand this letter, and to him delegate your authority. I have been thus particular in my instructions, in consequence of the somewhat perilous enterprise in which we are engaged, but trust we shall meet long ere the time expires, and so save you this trouble. Be the result what it may, however, the game is worth the candle, and we will play it to the end. With kindest wishes for your most excellent wife, compliments to the ladies, a good word to enquiring friends, if there be any, and assurances of my highest esteem for yourself, I remain as ever,

Your sincere friend, T.J.B.

You mean "alleged letter that appeared in the unknown author's 1885 publication about a fabulous treasure with ZERO supporting evidences or facts."
And Five, you've already completely destroyed yourself with the posting of this thread and that fabricated letter post. The posting of fabricated and false documentation in desperate attempt to keep your fantasy alive, really dude, that's now acceptable to you? Small wonder you keep painting all of the characters in the 1885 tale to be big fat liars. :icon_thumleft:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The peril of pounds (laundering through the bank of England ) was realized in 1825. Goodbye treasure/pounds.

Therefore no need for Morris to receive any correspondence in 32 , (besides the ten year period having been a contingency upon the disappearance/death of Beale and or all party members , so how could Beale write if deposed by the grim reaper?).

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
{But even with the use of this machinery a person who has not the key to the proper disposition would make millions of experiments to no purpose. Other obstacles to imitation will also be presented in the structure of the note; but this is the one principally relied upon.]

safes_and_vaults_vaults_1_small.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the "House of Entertainment" in North Goose Creek. Know exactly where it stood. I believe if the treasure was buried near Bufford's that is where it is located at RUBY"S!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"At your HOUSE"... NO HOTEL! Letter of 1822!

Robert Morriss
Lynchburg

At the time of 1822 that would be the only address you would need to get a letter to Mr Morriss!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean "alleged letter that appeared in the unknown author's 1885 publication about a fabulous treasure with ZERO supporting evidences or facts."
And Five, you've already completely destroyed yourself with the posting of this thread and that fabricated letter post. The posting of fabricated and false documentation in desperate attempt to keep your fantasy alive, really dude, that's now acceptable to you? Small wonder you keep painting all of the characters in the 1885 tale to be big fat liars. :icon_thumleft:

There you go again! :laughing7:

Conspiracy theories, but that seems to be all you say. It's not real, it's not real, it's not real! That's just your opinion!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The peril of pounds (laundering through the bank of England ) was realized in 1825. Goodbye treasure/pounds.

Therefore no need for Morris to receive any correspondence in 32 , (besides the ten year period having been a contingency upon the disappearance/death of Beale and or all party members , so how could Beale write if deposed by the grim reaper?).

Can I see that in English?

OP
OP
Five

Five

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{But even with the use of this machinery a person who has not the key to the proper disposition would make millions of experiments to no purpose. Other obstacles to imitation will also be presented in the structure of the note; but this is the one principally relied upon.]

View attachment 1658021

More fake website fillers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread