Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: QUESTIONABLE INFORMATION POSTED AS FACT CONCERNING THE BEALE TALE

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    "my brother, Clayton, and I discussed the Sťance, not believing anything that transpired, and, still, wondering if there could be the possibility of some truth in what the subject blurt forth"- THE HART PAPERS
    Much of what was presented in the Hart's embellished Beale story came from a sťance with a medium.
    This is first time that "psychic" revelations were employed to enhance the story and fill in the gaps in the original story, but "psychic" revelations and experiences would again be utilized by later authors building additional versions of the Beale saga began by Ward in 1885.
    There was a woman murdered by her husband in WVa. Her ghost came back to her mother and told her evidence that would convict her husband of the murder. The only case known where a ghost convicted a murderer. Look the story up for yourself. There is even a historical marker by the side of the road. Should help you find the story. So don't rule out anything that you do not know everything about.
    AARC and Rebel - KGC like this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9563 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Franklin, this has nothing to do whatsoever with the Beale Papers, the Hart Papers, or the Beale perilous adventure treasure tale, and is immaterial to the issues being discussed on this thread...
    ...but any on topic contributions you may have are welcome.

us

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6108 times
    Nothing to contribute continue on your own rhetoric
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9563 times
    Is there any outside collaborating information that Clayton actually visited with James Beverly Ward and son?
    It would be discussed in the Ward family that a Beale treasure hunter from Roanoke inquiring about the treasure story.
    Remember the Hart Papers stated that "Ward...succeeded in finding the key to cipher NO2" instead of the "unknown author" as stated in the Beale Papers.
    Martha Rivers Adams interview Ward's daughter Adeline in 1934 for the Lynchburg NEWS & ADVANCE newspaper, but there was NO mention of the visit of a Beale treasure hunter from Roanoke. Nor were mentions made in Lt Thomas Fawcett's reports.
    The first and only mention of this "alleged" visit is in the Hart Papers, the exception being that "alleged" meeting has been used time and again as "proof" that the Beale perilous adventure treasure tale was true.
    As with the Beale Papers there is a complete lack if contemporary collaboration for the events presented in both works, the only exception being Clayton Harts contact with Col George Fabyan.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9563 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    ECS...
    You and I have had a "history" of poking fun at each other... but I say this with respect... seriously ... and with sincerity...
    First I respect you and your research... and often feel your posts here stem mostly from a "reverse psychology" angle...
    meaning... you purposely say things to instigate a response in which an individual diverges "more" than you already know concerning legends...
    I also think that puzzles intrigue you and that "solving" a puzzle that confronts you is paramount... Solving = proving / disproving...
    I personally like you and your determination... you are well spoken / written...
    and you have the gall to poke the nests that may uncover the honey and see it through the swarm that may emerge...
    Thank You AARC, it is refreshing not to "battered" with where's your boots on the ground and other disparaging remarks concerning either me or my researched conclusions or most of the time, both.
    Remember, when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then what remains, however improbable, must be the truth whether that truth is acceptable to all, realizing that there is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact for one who wants or needs to hold on to dream.
    AARC likes this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    35930 times
    Btw ... do you even own any boots ?

:P
    ECS and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - AKA -" TNet Under Ground " http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9563 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Btw ... do you even own any boots ?

Several from various brands of hikers to Doc Martins.
    AARC likes this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    35930 times
    I would love to get a pair of my flip flops on the ground up there.... unless its winter.

Don't wear flops much.... but dont wear boots either.

Own one bad arse pair... for woods etc... hiking type.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - AKA -" TNet Under Ground " http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9563 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Nothing to contribute continue on your own rhetoric
    Thank you for bring up rhetoric.
    There was a book that claimed to be the true account of the Beale story with all his associates listed, etc, that was 99% fiction based on fact.
    What is the "fact" on which the 99% fiction is based is the real rhetorical question.
    As with so many of the Beale real story books written after GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE and the Argosy and treasure magazines, creative writing replaces fact.
    Due to the ambiguous nature of the only original source material of Ward's 1885 published Beale Papers, it has become easy to till in the blanks with unrelated or even fictional facts.

Jun 2007
    13289 times
    Nah... books after GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE could be REAL (non-fiction) attempts to find "BT"; resulting in FACTION. FICTIONS based on FACTS.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9563 times
    "Fictions based on facts" are nothing more that sensational speculations that do not, in any way, constitute actual fact finding research, especially when the fiction mixes the could be maybe facts that are unrelated to the Beale story that are presented as proof.

Jun 2007
    13289 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    "Fictions based on facts" are nothing more that sensational speculations that do not, in any way, constitute actual fact finding research, especially when the fiction mixes the could be maybe facts that are unrelated to the Beale story that are presented as proof.
    LOL! Have YOU ever heard of NOVELS...? MAYBE, BPP was one!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Mar 13, 2019 at 07:30 AM.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9563 times
    I believe that I have stated many times that the Beale Papers was a period adventure treasure dime novel with the novelty of play along ciphers added as a parlor entertainment.
    So to answer you question, yes indeed! LOL!

us

Jun 2012
    6108 times
    Boast all you want while dwelling on the Beale Papers as your source of evidence. Yesterday, I was in contact with James Beverly Ward's GGranddaughter. I have also been in contact with his granddaughter and her sons. So I am still poking around for something that may prove of great importance. You keep quoting from the Job Print Pamphlet or whatever. Let Rebel and I do boots on the ground research and we just may prove some of your theories wrong.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    13289 times
    I am personally NOT out to prove the BT Story; "boots-on-the-ground" for me is to state what I have seen/heard about CSA/VMI involvement with Lynchburg, Va. & "points" WEST; ECS, YOU stay "stuck" in YOUR "BOX" of the "BT Story". Even PV went beyond the "Box", before he passed.
    franklin likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links