ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to get a pair of my flip flops on the ground up there.... unless its winter.

:P

Don't wear flops much.... but dont wear boots either.

Own one bad arse pair... for woods etc... hiking type.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing to contribute continue on your own rhetoric

Thank you for bring up rhetoric.
There was a book that claimed to be the true account of the Beale story with all his associates listed, etc, that was 99% fiction based on fact.
What is the "fact" on which the 99% fiction is based is the real rhetorical question.
As with so many of the Beale real story books written after GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE and the Argosy and treasure magazines, creative writing replaces fact.
Due to the ambiguous nature of the only original source material of Ward's 1885 published Beale Papers, it has become easy to till in the blanks with unrelated or even fictional facts.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nah... books after GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE could be REAL (non-fiction) attempts to find "BT"; resulting in FACTION. FICTIONS based on FACTS.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Fictions based on facts" are nothing more that sensational speculations that do not, in any way, constitute actual fact finding research, especially when the fiction mixes the could be maybe facts that are unrelated to the Beale story that are presented as proof.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Fictions based on facts" are nothing more that sensational speculations that do not, in any way, constitute actual fact finding research, especially when the fiction mixes the could be maybe facts that are unrelated to the Beale story that are presented as proof.
LOL! Have YOU ever heard of NOVELS...? MAYBE, BPP was one!

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that I have stated many times that the Beale Papers was a period adventure treasure dime novel with the novelty of play along ciphers added as a parlor entertainment.
So to answer you question, yes indeed! LOL! :thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boast all you want while dwelling on the Beale Papers as your source of evidence. Yesterday, I was in contact with James Beverly Ward's GGranddaughter. I have also been in contact with his granddaughter and her sons. So I am still poking around for something that may prove of great importance. You keep quoting from the Job Print Pamphlet or whatever. Let Rebel and I do boots on the ground research and we just may prove some of your theories wrong.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I am personally NOT out to prove the BT Story; "boots-on-the-ground" for me is to state what I have seen/heard about CSA/VMI involvement with Lynchburg, Va. & "points" WEST; ECS, YOU stay "stuck" in YOUR "BOX" of the "BT Story". Even PV went beyond the "Box", before he passed.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I am all alone in my quest.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No, yer not... I will continue to let you know what I find; for an example, Beale Treasure plaque in OLD City Cemetery...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Boast all you want while dwelling on the Beale Papers as your source of evidence. Yesterday, I was in contact with James Beverly Ward's GGranddaughter. I have also been in contact with his granddaughter and her sons.
So I am still poking around for something that may prove of great importance.
You keep quoting from the Job Print Pamphlet or whatever.
Let Rebel and I do boots on the ground research and we just may prove some of your theories wrong.
Do they have definitive evidence that the Beale perilous adventure treasure story as written in the Beale Papers, the original and ONLY source of this story actually happened?
As you and Rebel-KGC are so fond of asking me, Yes or No?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A legitimate question to whether or not James Beverly Ward's granddaughter and sons or great granddaughter could add more to the statement made by Ward's great grandson, Gorham B Walker, to Lt Thomas Fawcett where he "admitted having a copy of the Beale Papers in which he placed no credence...and thought undoubtedly Mr Ward was the true author of the Beale Papers".

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...reckon he may have formed that opinion after hearing something from within the family.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Boast all you want while dwelling on the Beale Papers as your source of evidence. Yesterday, I was in contact with James Beverly Ward's GGranddaughter. I have also been in contact with his granddaughter and her sons.
So I am still poking around for something that may prove of great importance.
You keep quoting from the Job Print Pamphlet or whatever.
Let Rebel and I do boots on the ground research and we just may prove some of your theories wrong.
What proof of importance can be derived on 2019 from descendants several generation removed?
Ward's great grandson Gorham Walker stated he placed NO CREDENCE on the Beale Paper's tale.
I doubt that current generations of the Ward line can add anything of substance beyond what has already been stated.
As for quoting the Beale Papers pamphlet, it is, after all, the original and ONLY source of this perilous adventure treasure tale of Thomas J Beale and his band of hearty men.
Everything that came afterwards is highly subjective based on the writer's belief concerning the original story, many times with added on embellishments as presented by George L Hart and Claudine Fulton Eliis who created an elaborated tale based on Hart's PLANTER'S HOTEL of St Louis mention on why the "key letter" was never delivered to Robert Morriss: or Bauman's tale of Edgar Allen Poe's Grand Diddle of faking his death so he could move to France to work with Jules Verne leaving behind the Beale manuscript with Rosalie and Muddy with instructions to deliver it to Ward.
I am not preventing anyone from "boots on the ground", just discussing the discrepancies, errors, embellishments, and fabrications that have been presented as fact, or have been claimed as proof for the Beale treasure story Ward published in the original dime novel pamphlet.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions