View of Robert Morris

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the view Robert Morris would have had looking out his window at the home where he died, January 1863. View from Robert Morris' Window where he died.jpg

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm... don't recognize the area.

That is what I said about visitors for Robert Morris to pass the story too. He was out in the middle of no where?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most would have been the neighbors that lived the closest to him. Would that not be right.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
...and most likely, James Beverly Ward and wife, Harriet.:thumbsup:
Well, they lived 7 miles away from Lynchburg, traveling in a buggy from Forest, Va. on Old Forest Road. WERE in Campbell County, Va. :coffee2:

Last edited:
T

Treasures2Find

Most would have been the neighbors that lived the closest to him. Would that not be right.

I have identified a very good candidate for the unknown author. Most everything written about the unknown author fits this man, and it fits in ways that really make you think. I have gone back and forth on whether I believe the Beale story or not, but there are certain things that keep me holding on to at least the possibility, and this is one of those things. I believe there was an author to the story, as the Beale papers say, and I believe he got the story from Robert Morriss. The biggest question for me is whether or not Beale was telling the truth when he told Morriss the story. There are certain things that make me think he was telling the truth, but I can't say I'm sure of it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have identified a very good candidate for the unknown author. Most everything written about the unknown author fits this man, and it fits in ways that really make you think. I have gone back and forth on whether I believe the Beale story or not, but there are certain things that keep me holding on to at least the possibility, and this is one of those things. I believe there was an author to the story, as the Beale papers say, and I believe he got the story from Robert Morriss. The biggest question for me is whether or not Beale was telling the truth when he told Morriss the story. There are certain things that make me think he was telling the truth, but I can't say I'm sure of it.
Well, it was R M (Robert Morriss/Morris) that told the GREAT SECRET in 1862/63...

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it was R M (Robert Morriss/Morris) that told the GREAT SECRET in 1862/63...

The view I opened this thread up with reveals that Robert Morris had very little access to anyone except friends, relatives and neighbors. There was as I said two brothers. One went to St. Louis in 1862, I believe to retrieve the "Key" letter or to find it? The other brother paid for the trip. Then about 10 or 12 years later the other brother went to St. Louis and got the money for the trip from his other brother. This last brother that was really interested in St. Louis had a son. The son was old enough to later write the story and pass it on to James Beverly Ward. With his position in society he may have wanted to stay anonymous. He died at a very young age. But he lived long enough to pass the story to James Beverely Ward. If I could find some of their letters to verify why they made the trips to St. Louis then it may shed some light on this whole story. I have not been able to locate their papers and letters at any University. But I am still looking. The man that showed the most interest in St. Louis, his home is still standing. Whether his library or papers are still around, I hope to find out this coming Summer.

T

Treasures2Find

The view I opened this thread up with reveals that Robert Morris had very little access to anyone except friends, relatives and neighbors. There was as I said two brothers. One went to St. Louis in 1862, I believe to retrieve the "Key" letter or to find it? The other brother paid for the trip. Then about 10 or 12 years later the other brother went to St. Louis and got the money for the trip from his other brother. This last brother that was really interested in St. Louis had a son. The son was old enough to later write the story and pass it on to James Beverly Ward. With his position in society he may have wanted to stay anonymous. He died at a very young age. But he lived long enough to pass the story to James Beverely Ward. If I could find some of their letters to verify why they made the trips to St. Louis then it may shed some light on this whole story. I have not been able to locate their papers and letters at any University. But I am still looking. The man that showed the most interest in St. Louis, his home is still standing. Whether his library or papers are still around, I hope to find out this coming Summer.

This man was a friend.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Many people from Virginia made trips to St Louis during that period, including James Beverly Ward and his Hutter and Kenerley cousins, including Julia Hancock, over whom James Beverly Risqué fought a duel with Thomas Beale.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Many people from Virginia made trips to St Louis during that period, including James Beverly Ward and his Hutter and Kenerley cousins, including Julia Hancock, over whom James Beverly Risqué fought a duel with Thomas Beale.
YOU know why...?

T

Treasures2Find

He was all three. A friend, a relative and a neighbor. And then more than these three also.

The friend of Robert Morriss that I'm referring to was sent to Richmond in 1862, just as the unknown author wrote. That's all I'll say for now.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The friend of Robert Morriss that I'm referring to was sent to Richmond in 1862, just as the unknown author wrote. That's all I'll say for now.

Yes and the man I am telling you about that paid for his brother to go to St. Louis in 1862 had a meeting in Richmond in 1862.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread