Hope Springs Eternal

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"As of the present date, January 1, 1952, the writer will make an effort to put in writing all that he knows or surmises about the above subject" George L Hart-THE HART PAPERS

"My brother, Clayton and I discussed the séance, not believing anything that transpired"
"Not being present at a later séance, I can only state in a few words , what Clayton told me about it"
-George L Hart-THE HART PAPERS
The George L Hart that wrote the HART PAPERS and introduced Pauiine Innis to Beale treasure story, was not the judge, but his father, also named George L Hart (1874-1968)

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
George Hart Sr. fam tree

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 7.53.59 PM.png

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It is curious that in Martha Rivers Adams February 1934 LYNCHBURG NEWS interview with Ward's daughter, Adeline Virginia Ward McVeigh, who in her 90's, stated that she always thought the story to be authentic, echoing the copyrighted title page of the BEALE PAPERS.
The story being "authentic" does not carry the gravitas of the story being "true".

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Clayton told George "the story"; George later wrote THE HART PAPERS in 1952.
Instead of "authentic" in the title page of THE HART PAPERS by George L Hart, Sr, it states,: "presenting details of an alleged burial of gold, silver, and jewels..."
"Alleged" is not the same as verified.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It is curious that in Martha Rivers Adams February 1934 LYNCHBURG NEWS interview with Ward's daughter, Adeline Virginia Ward McVeigh, who in her 90's, stated that she always thought the story to be authentic, echoing the copyrighted title page of the BEALE PAPERS.
The story being "authentic" does not carry the gravitas of the story being "true".
Was it in the BPP...? :coffee2:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Instead of "authentic" in the title page of THE HART PAPERS by George L Hart, Sr, it states,: "presenting details of an alleged burial of gold, silver, and jewels..."
"Alleged" is not the same as verified.
HP was about a TREASURE, NOT the BEALE TREASURE & the Hart Bros. added the BT story to it, LATER. :coffee2:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
HP was about a TREASURE, NOT the BEALE TREASURE & the Hart Bros. added the BT story to it, LATER. :coffee2:
True, by that is what George L Hart used to lure Pauline Innis to investigate and search with her husband for the Beale treasure of gold in the Blue Ridge and writing a book, mostly based on information from the HART PAPERS.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Was it in the BPP...? :coffee2:

On the job print pamphlets cover title:

The Beale Papers
containing Authentic Statements reguarding the
Treasure Buried in 1819 and 1821
Near Bufords, in Bedford County. Virginia
and Which Has Never Been Recovered

Containing "authentic statements" is NOT the same as containing true statements.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
True, by that is what George L Hart used to lure Pauline Innis to investigate and search with her husband for the Beale treasure of gold in the Blue Ridge and writing a book, mostly based on information from the HART PAPERS.
Dunno; where did THAT info come from...? Got Proof...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think it wasn't the BT, that the Hart Bros. were initially looking for. Ciphers were first given to Clayton Hart, by his boss... Hazlewood; about a TREASURE buried on HIS land in the Montvale, Va. area, near the Peaks of Otter...

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
been trying to get to writing a summary about the
Tom Beals' cave of gold by Hiram Jefferson Herbert Jr published in 1958
Hiram gave some of the men names & a couple of men
chased a wounded buffalo up a ravine & finds gold &
the location of vault cipher #s are the same as all seen
today.
the story is still under copyright for the mag, maybe i can
post little bits in more posts, as i think that might cover the
i think its called a 3/10s law or something like that

my post about finding the story
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beale-codes/623684-hope-springs-eternal-2.html#post6404694

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread