OP
OP
P

Pistolshrimp

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Computers cannot think and therefor in a lot of ways they are at a disadvantage when cracking a cipher, which is why I don't want to use my program to crack Beale's ciphers but rather get a peek inside them without having to. This would be beneficial as it could be applied to other ciphers, not just Beale's.

With that said, lets look at just the first page of your solution. There are 143‬ numbers on the first page and 48 of those are mapped to two or more letters.

11 mapped to NS & A
15 mapped to M & H
32 mapped to O & J
33 mapped to R & T
37 mapped to L & I
43 mapped to A, O, P
44 mapped to E, I, S
66 mapped to E & C
68 mapped to R & U
75 mapped to E & O
77 mapped to E & J
78 mapped to D & T
81 mapped to D & T
96 mapped to E, S, O
98 mapped to O & N
99 mapped to L & E
116 mapped to E & N
117 mapped to A & S
121 mapped to D & L
136 mapped to H & R

That means roughly 33% of your solution doesn't fit an expected solution. I can't see any pattern in this so I wonder how Beale would have give this as a key to Morris. It would seems like he would have to give him just the plaintext which would defeat the entire purpose of enciphering it to begin with. For all I know your solution could be correct, but it does beg a lot of questions.

I do appreciate you sharing your decryption. It looks like a lot of time, effort, and intelligence went into making it. All of which have merit and meaning on their own.

I just wonder what Beale treasure hunters use for checks and balances. How much error is too much?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Computers cannot think and therefor in a lot of ways they are at a disadvantage when cracking a cipher, which is why I don't want to use my program to crack Beale's ciphers but rather get a peek inside them without having to. This would be beneficial as it could be applied to other ciphers, not just Beale's.

With that said, lets look at just the first page of your solution. There are 143‬ numbers on the first page and 48 of those are mapped to two or more letters.

11 mapped to NS & A
15 mapped to M & H
32 mapped to O & J
33 mapped to R & T
37 mapped to L & I
43 mapped to A, O, P
44 mapped to E, I, S
66 mapped to E & C
68 mapped to R & U
75 mapped to E & O
77 mapped to E & J
78 mapped to D & T
81 mapped to D & T
96 mapped to E, S, O
98 mapped to O & N
99 mapped to L & E
116 mapped to E & N
117 mapped to A & S
121 mapped to D & L
136 mapped to H & R

That means roughly 33% of your solution doesn't fit an expected solution. I can't see any pattern in this so I wonder how Beale would have give this as a key to Morris. It would seems like he would have to give him just the plaintext which would defeat the entire purpose of enciphering it to begin with. For all I know your solution could be correct, but it does beg a lot of questions.

I do appreciate you sharing your decryption. It looks like a lot of time, effort, and intelligence went into making it. All of which have merit and meaning on their own.

I just wonder what Beale treasure hunters use for checks and balances. How much error is too much?

Since you say there is a 33% does not support the solution. Then that means that 67% does fit the solution. I do not believe anyone person has ever came that close to solving the Beale Cipher Codes. With only a few words changed here and there the solution could be up to 80% or even 99%. As I said I know a few of the words are wrong. But also know that 2 out of every 3 repeating ciphers have the same letter on the same cipher. Pretty damn close.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you say there is a 33% does not support the solution. Then that means that 67% does fit the solution. I do not believe anyone person has ever came that close to solving the Beale Cipher Codes. With only a few words changed here and there the solution could be up to 80% or even 99%. As I said I know a few of the words are wrong. But also know that 2 out of every 3 repeating ciphers have the same letter on the same cipher. Pretty damn close.

Also I believe you need to go back and check your program? You have three different letters for cipher 11, I only have the letter "a" on that cipher five times. I have not checked the rest of your sequence of ciphers but I am quite sure, your computer has more wrong than I do. Out of all the ciphers you list only "11" is important the others only fall in line. You should check the sequence of the other repeated ciphers that I listed in another post. Some of the ciphers had the same letter on them five and even six times or more. Get an accurate count and you will find the decipherment is almost complete.

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me Franklin, You got most of it right...I am working out on the perfect pattern, but most of the letters came from -1 of the first or last character of that word...I think you are a genius...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Williamson could be Richardson..

No the names are the way I found them. I located court house records on 12 of the men. One was a sheriff of Bedford County before the expedition and another was his deputy. Another was a freed slave. I have checked it out thoroughly.

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure about Richardson though...But some of the letters in Richard seems to fit too when i subtract 1 character on the last character of the word.

This is very hard as there are 2 pages to look at..or a total of 12 letters base on the pattern...

also in the word MCINTOSH, I could also form a word MCMELLAN...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solving what...?

Solving codes that a computer can't

Because the computer cant add up these types of codes....it can produce a frequency examination better and faster than we can.....

BealePeraltaDates.jpg

2 = 3 - Mine - 18 = 7

Because the code is an abbreviation and is symbolically matched from a story to a set of maps they left to their mines when they were killed....as is the tale in the Beale as we now see in this guys computer mockup...which is pretty cool and shows how to set up the alignment of the words derived to locate a specific pattern of trigrams to find the right position to line up the words.

And the whole tale was spun in a fictional manner using a Perser Coding format to hint at the structures of the many parts of the Beale that were left embedded in this one story and cipher series, from the desk of a man tied to the KGC around the time of publishing....who were well versed in Encryption and Concealment techniques....

@Franklin, when time/dates are on the records you found with the names?

Because the dates of the massacre of the 30 men where this code was found matching the Beale was from the 1880s

If your names are taken from an older time where the men were selected not for their actual participation, but to have a specific spelling in their names chosen to act like a cover for another reason and you could only find 12 of them, then there are two different ways to translate these ciphers. One will lead you to find their names in the records, but the other will map out the entire operation.

One method I saw was to take the numbers and read them out as pairs, whereas they are sometimes set in triplets or quads, and to put these into the 66x99 pair grid to form a set of specifically chosen numbers that map out on their grid and spelled CSA when it was laid over a clerks property map of Bedford.

The other method seemed to show it was to find their names and use their names in a columnar alignment like PistolShrimp showed with the additional reads that he was able to produce showing variances using shifts to line up the patterned letters

It seems the key was that the storyline was patterned in a certain way to develop a rhythmic frequency as he showed which could be read or examined in the traditional sense when compared with his program

The only question that stands is why are there so many perfect variables showing up? That is because there are multiple variable translations and methods used to decode it while numerous ciphers are added as a form of template to be used in different ways woven throughout....some on paper and some on a map

The other important question is why is PistolShrimp comparing this to an Ariana Grande song/album

Because her name is a Grande Anagram as well.......

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beale Franlin Solve Edit.jpg

Seeing the methods used this could be the use of the alignment of the names as you said and then the selection of a portion of each to form the Old English Box Ciphers from the combinations of words there.

You never know

Why there are a few numbers skipped is a little weird though

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Changes were PROBABLY done by Clayton Hart, with permission from his boss. Read the HART PAPERS...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions