POSSIBLE ROUTE BASED ON DESCRIPTIONS

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin may have digged it first...He seems to know something that we dont...Please share some franklin...

Deciphered Code Paper #1.jpg Deciphered Code Paper #1 Part B.jpg

Where it says "Read Point" should have said Read's Inn. I only had three letters the "a" in Read's and the "in" in Inn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this solved using the Letter frequency and projected same letter on same cipher? Did you use the DOI on this?

Pistolshrimp

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you get from "about four miles from Buford's Tavern" to "not anywhere close to Buford's Tavern"? Why did Beale end up writing about every road he went down, how would this have helped Mr. Morris find the vault?

roughgeo.PNG

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you get from "about four miles from Buford's Tavern" to "not anywhere close to Buford's Tavern"? Why did Beale end up writing about every road he went down, how would this have helped Mr. Morris find the vault?

That's why I did not trace lines...:-D .I don't want anyone to figure out the exact spot. Those areas are in page 1.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this solved using the Letter frequency and projected same letter on same cipher? Did you use the DOI on this?

letter frequency. took 3 and 1/2 years working day and night

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
letter frequency. took 3 and 1/2 years working day and night

Oh..It took a lot of time then..Well I don't know about mine really...It only took about 4 days to finish, just writing without substitution...Would it be possible that there's other way of solving this?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh..It took a lot of time then..Well I don't know about mine really...It only took about 4 days to finish, just writing without substitution...Would it be possible that there's other way of solving this?

Yes if you could find the "KEY" that these letter substitutions came from?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1833003 View attachment 1833004

Where it says "Read Point" should have said Read's Inn. I only had three letters the "a" in Read's and the "in" in Inn.

Beale Code Frequency of Numbers.jpg With all these ciphers repeating on the same cipher with the same letter--------this has got to be really close to the deciphering of Code Paper Number One. There is a few words wrong and that makes the frequency change. It also puts at time different letters on the same cipher number if you have a word wrong. I know this is not perfect but if someone could work on it with a computer and find words that I have wrong we may get a COMPLETE TEXT OF THE DECIPHERMENT.

When I first deciphered this 30 years ago, I had the last part saying "behind a LARGE tree" I only had the second and fifth letter. When I got a piece of the stump and took it to work an old man that knew lumber and wood told me it was a piece of MAPLE. I did not think about it much then it hit me that the second and fifth letters of LARGE and MAPLE were the same. I knew then I had Code Paper Number deciphered correctly or at the least I was on the right path.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes if you could find the "KEY" that these letter substitutions came from?

Well, the characters from your page 3 seems to have pattern...though My head hurts after studying for about 8 hours...There seems to be a pattern but I am not sure..

for example, Number 107 you said it was R....The 107th word in DOI is (Happiness)...Take out the last word (S) then subtract 1 letter, it will become (R)..

Number 78 you said (T), in DOI the word is Self, then I take out the first letter(S) then add character so it becomes (T).

Its like taking out the first & Last word then add or subtract characters...

Also I noticed, Sometimes you take out the nearby character BEFORE or AFTER the number..Sometimes add or subtract them with 1 character works..

This is weird, as if there is really a specific pattern in each set of numbers.

I still cant figure this out...but there is something going on.

Ill let you know soon.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, I also noticed a number that instead of 28, you replaced it with 29(Y)

Y.png

Why is this?why did you got letter Y....I got the Y too from my own method..
I wonder if its just coincidence...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my ciphers straight from the Job Print Pamphlet. Different versions have slightly different ciphers. Job Print Pamphlet and then the Hart Papers with their ciphers.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you really solve number 3 using the Frequency method? I was curious about Merritt, Did you find these name somewhere and try to base from it?

I am so curious...I think you got some of the names right..

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, I think that Merritt should be Garrett....

That could be correct as I had very little repeat letters to work with on cipher 3. If you work on cipher 1, you will have better luck helping to make a 100% decipherment possible. I may get back to it myself to finish what I started 30 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread