GIVING AWAY HINTS. Hoping I can get a contract or a share.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found out the authors name. I have for months been trying to verify same by his papers and documents. But I have been unable to locate any papers. I may visit his home as the home is still standing. Maybe something there can shed some light on this story.
You have posted this before, two years ago on another thread.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If it is the Friedman Papers, both are at the Marshall Library at VMI in Lexington, Va. Been there, seen 'em (Boxes). ALSO; "on-line". :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

More like three years ago. It takes me longer to get around to things these days. But it is on my agenda soon someday.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found out that the New Washington Inn was built before March, 1818. Still looking for more.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Apart from Thomas J Beale, it only indicates that the "unknown author" utilized real names and locations to make this fictional tale of perilous adventure and treasure appear real for those who played along with the parlor entertainment cipher game.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything.On how it should be solved and where it is..About the stone..Or maybe I should wait perhaps 1 year to see if anyone is interested?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Hmm, what a conundrum.

Everytime someone claims the Beale Codes story is true and they have worked out the location there is a major issue that always crops up.

You see we have the 'Beale Code' story from 1885 about a roving expedition that found and cached treasure that says this:

"I have deposited, in the county of Bedford, about four miles from Buford’s in an excavation or vault, six feet below the surface of the ground, the following articles, belonging jointly to the parties whose names are given in number “3” herewith: The first deposit consisted of one thousand and fourteen pounds of gold, and three thousand eight hundred and twelve pounds of silver, deposited November, 1819, The second was made December, 1821, and consisted of nineteen hundred and seven pounds of gold, and twelve hundred and eighty-eight pounds of silver: also jewels, obtained in St. Louis in exchange for silver to save transportation, and valued at $13,000. The above is securely packed in iron pots, with iron covers. The vault is roughly lined with stone, and the vessels rest on solid stone, and are covered with others. Paper number “1” describes the exact locality of the vault, so that no difficulty will be had in finding it."

But then we've got the 'Treasure Mountain' story from 1842 about a...roving expedition that found and cached treasure that says this:

"We have deposited a large quantity of gold, calculated to be 27 to 33 million dollars in gold bars and gold dust. The bars are packed in boxes made of pine (Colorado-red) and cedar. The bars are 2 feet long, 2 inches wide and ½ inch thick. The gold dust will be found in double leather hide sacks. Each sack measures two feet long, a foot and a half wide. They are deposited in a rock chamber surrounded by rocks in a secure manner for protection from destruction. These deposits are different in each site. It is estimated that 27 to 33 million dollars were deposited, estimated by weight and size of each package. In each chamber we have deposited a bottle, inside of each will be found a manuscript containing the maps showing the location where we buried this treasure."

So, if you would like to detail for any potential partners when was it during your research that you became aware of the 'Beale Codes copying Treasure Mountain' issue and how you were able to explain this to conclude the Beale Codes wasn't just a copy of the Treasure Mountain story.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, if you would like to detail for any potential partners when was it during your research that you became aware of the 'Beale Codes copying Treasure Mountain' issue and how you were able to explain this to conclude the Beale Codes wasn't just a copy of the Treasure Mountain story.

I don't know about Treasure Mountain.I just heard this from you today, I will do a research now regarding "Treasure Mountain".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread