BIG NEWS JUST IN!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the examples is given to say The Beale Papers are a hoax. The word ( improvise ) Not used in the 1820s, as told to us by some of the top people in their field.

The Parliamentary Debates
By Great Britain. Parliament, William Cobbett, Thomas Curson Hansard · 1804 This book contains this word.

How long do you continue to pitch all of the same old claims of remedy and solution without any supporting evidences, what you do present as evidences full of substitution detail, numbers, etc.........I mean, you have to realize by now that nobody is buying into all of the rhetoric, yes? So why keep presenting the same clearly inaccurate and damaging claims? :icon_scratch: At this point you guys may as well credit it all to bigfoot and his newly discovered ten commandments.......:laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Free Speech is only free speech if you agree with their opinion of what the truth is!
The fact that they come against you means you are doing something right!
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose":laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Freedom's just another for nothing left to lose"

The autopsy on Joplin determined the cause of death to be a heroin overdose. You quote lyrics of a Heroin Junky incorrectly!

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is really James Jopling guys? Why did he purchase the Harkening Hill on 1819 from Elizabeth Wood Smith?

Joplin or Jopling? Is he a soldier or a captain? Is he rich?

I don't have data about him. Plus, I also wanted to know who are the people in Bedford who joined the 1812 War?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I also wanted to know who are the people in Bedford who joined the 1812 War?
Once again:
James Beverly Risque- Fought duel with Thomas Beale,AND also the grandfather of James Beverly Ward, publisher of Beale Papers
Thomas Beale- of the duel, no "J' in name, had a hotel and plantation in New Orleans
Pascal Buford- owned Buford's Inn and an uncle of Harriet Emmaline Otey Ward, JB Ward's wife.

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing I found about Thomas Beale was this line that I am not very confident at. This line was when they went west I think on the Taylor's mountain for an event. A "Concepcion" I don't know if it means event or a birth. The message was like a Journal, not necessarily on that specific day. It was like fragments of a Journal that was carefully selected..

When I came(140) at the glorious(8) Concepcion(120) people without number(305) King and Queen(42) numberless people and(58) High(461) Queen(44) Indians(106) countless small communities(301) our Lord has given(13) extensive(408) weapons(680) in commemoration(93) I gave the name of (86) of Santa Maria(116) month of(530) first

Why give weapons? with this I am thinking about Thomas J. Beale that has many rifles. But in my research it seems to me that Lord was James Jopling. Are they related?

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is really James Jopling guys? Why did he purchase the Harkening Hill on 1819 from Elizabeth Wood Smith?

Joplin or Jopling? Is he a soldier or a captain? Is he rich?

I don't have data about him. Plus, I also wanted to know who are the people in Bedford who joined the 1812 War?

Possibly you have heard of the guy that has used the keys to decode the Ciphers, Beale Cipher Decoded?

P.S. It was a song lyric from Janis Joplin.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose
Nothin' left is all she left for me

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! Just "google" James Jopling of Bedford County, Va. Born in Amherst County, Va. Died in Bedford County, Va. YOU do the "rest"...

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said it in other threads regarding all legends, treasures, lost mines etc...

One can NOT claim to have solved anything, until they have the actual loot in their hands. How many claimed to have solved the Fenn poem/cipher/riddle, yet their solves ended up being states away? How many have claimed to found the Lost Dutchman Mine, yet all they can produce are google earth pictures? How many have claimed to find the lost civil war payroll gold or the Nazi Gold train, yet they don't have an ounce of gold to their names?

You get the picture. It's putting the horse before the cart, show the treasure, then claim you solved it....ever since the internet, every legend has been solved, but none recovered. Bigly sad.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
JJ: DOB - 10/27/1769, Amherst County, Va. DOD - 10/05/1852, Bedford County, Va. SAR, Free WHITE man.

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said it in other threads regarding all legends, treasures, lost mines etc...

One can NOT claim to have solved anything, until they have the actual loot in their hands. How many claimed to have solved the Fenn poem, yet their solves ended up being states away? How many have claimed to found the Lost Dutchman Mine, yet all they can produce are google earth pictures? How many have claimed to find the lost civil war payroll gold or the Nazi Gold train, yet they don't have an ounce of gold to their names?

You get the picture. It's putting the horse before the cart, show the treasure, then claim you solved it....ever since the internet, every legend has been solved, but none recovered. Bigly sad.

1. It would seem to me for this case, decrypting the cipher would be the first thing that needs to be done.

a. Your choices then are to Be known for the true decryption and give up to the location to the world.
b. Or just dig up the hidden items without telling the world you decrypted it.

2. Then again, it would be interesting to give out only parts of your decryption of the cipher as a first and only one decrypted keeping the key private. Knowing at the time you released the decrypted text of that work that anyone who was to decipher them would convey to verify you as the first one to do so! :headbang:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
1. It would seem to me for this case, decrypting the cipher would be the first thing that needs to be done.

a. Your choices then are to Be known for the true decryption and give up to the location to the world.
b. Or just dig up the hidden items without telling the world you decrypted it.

2. Then again, it would be interesting to give out only parts of your decryption of the cipher as a first and only one decrypted keeping the key private. Knowing at the time you released the decrypted text of that work that anyone who was to decipher them would convey to verify you as the first one to do so! :headbang:

It's already been done.
You are risking plagiarism and copyright violation.
Probably libel and slander to .
But hey , keep writing.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Making an unverified claim of decrypting it not the same as decrypting it. Anyone can claim to have decrypted it, that's as easy as starting a thread on Tnet and making the claim.

To prove your decryption was correct, you would need to verify it through recovery of the treasure. Again, the FF treasure is a great example of 1000's claiming to have solved the riddle/poem/encryption, only to find out their solve wasn't even in the same state.

There's also option C. Attempt to decrypt it, verify you are correct through recovery of the treasure, then take credit for correctly solving the cipher.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making an unverified claim of decrypting it not the same as decrypting it. Anyone can claim to have decrypted it, that's as easy as starting a thread on Tnet and making the claim.

To prove your decryption was correct, you would need to verify it through recovery of the treasure. Again, the FF treasure is a great example of 1000's claiming to have solved the riddle/poem/encryption, only to find out their solve wasn't even in the same state.

There's also option C. Attempt to decrypt it, verify you are correct through recovery of the treasure, then take credit for correctly solving the cipher.

No one needs to find the treasure to be the only one to decrypt the cipher! I am not making a new claim here. Just telling you that an old one has been verified.

To prove your decryption correct all that needs to be done is publish it in a journal of a scientific field! Most of the time you need to show the math how you have decrypted it. That they can be verified by math.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one needs to find the treasure to be the only one to decrypt the cipher! I am not making a new claim here. Just telling you that an old one has been verified.

To prove your decryption correct all that needs to be done is publish it in a journal of a scientific field! Most of the time you need to show the math how you have decrypted it. That they can be verified by math.

Agree to disagree. This wasn't FBI solve a cipher day, wherein your alleged solve would be verified by comparing it to their key.

In this case, the solve allegedly led to a treasure. So sure, have your cipher peer reviewed, but the ultimate verification will still need to be recovery of the treasure.

I do admit, i am somewhat conflating solving the cipher with verifying the cipher solve story is true, but that's not incongruent and fair play as the cipher is itself the solution to a alleged buried treasure whereas the verification is the recovery of the solve itself.

Unless though, there is no treasure, and its just a made up story. In that case, one could have created a crude cipher that can be decrypted and there is no way to verify what it reveals since it was just fiction to begin with.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread