Requesting information on Columbus First Voyage Version references

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you could help,

1. When was this version of Columbus first voyage published?
2. Who translated this?
3. Would it be possible that it was released years after they retrieved the treasure?

"As I know you will be rejoiced at the glorious success that our Lord has given me."

I was thinking that even if it was published in 1850's, they might be the original translator of this.
All I know is that the first English translation appeared in Edinburgh Review(Scotland) in 1816. And that there are people from Bedford that came from England.

Help?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Roanoke Valley of Virginia has LOTS of Scots, with their own HIGH-LAND games... ALL wear Kilts with NO underwear... BORN FREE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, Scotland is NOT England; Robert the Bruce & Nessie would be offended...

Yes, It is not England.but they could still travel there... :-D

Edit: I mean to say...Lincolnshire, England.. Nevermind, I just want to say that it is possible for the key to reach Bedford. But we dont have proof.

lincolnshire, england.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more thing.Is the Harkening Hill an Indian reserve? It seems here that he means this as a place where the Indians take refuge?..Who have fled from people in the open country, who dont want government and other Indians.

When Columbus came to Guanahani/Guanaham, the people there fled when they saw his group right?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more thing.Is the Harkening Hill an Indian reserve? It seems here that he means this as a place where the Indians take refuge?..Who have fled from people in the open country, who dont want government and other Indians.

When Columbus came to Guanahani/Guanaham, the people there fled when they saw his group right?
Here's a good tip for you when trying to research things online. When entering search preferences into the search bar try doing it this way; keyword + keyword + keyword. Per example, Guanahani + Columbus + Letter.......this is telling the search engine that you want all three of those search preferences to appear in the resource materials of those search results. If you just enter a general question or generalized search terms then you're only going to get those generalized search engine results. By adding the "+" and appropriate spacing between each search keyword you are telling the search engine that want "only those results containing those "specific" keyword elements to be displayed first." Can prove to be the difference between night and day when researching things online.......

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a good tip for you when trying to research things online. When entering search preferences into the search bar try doing it this way; keyword + keyword + keyword. Per example, Guanahani + Columbus + Letter.......this is telling the search engine that you want all three of those search preferences to appear in the resource materials of those search results. If you just enter a general question or generalized search terms then you're only going to get those generalized search engine results. By adding the "+" and appropriate spacing between each search keyword you are telling the search engine that want "only those results containing those "specific" keyword elements to be displayed first." Can prove to be the difference between night and day when researching things online.......

Thank you so much for this. I will surely need this.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

No... :coffee2:

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for someone who can investigate, Who and when was it published?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for someone who can investigate, Who and when was it published?

This is why I suggested to you a while back that this isn't the right forum/site for you, you need to find "a historically based source" that deals in these types of things, where that type of historical knowledge is the focus. Perhaps research authors of such related historical works and send them inquiries, etc., just as the rest of us would have to also do. You can probably get guidance on how, and to who, to proceed at your local library. But you certainly need to locate "a specialized source in that field and area of study."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread