Requesting information on Columbus First Voyage Version references
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Requesting information on Columbus First Voyage Version references

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Requesting information on Columbus First Voyage Version references

Maybe you could help,

1. When was this version of Columbus first voyage published?
    2. Who translated this?
    3. Would it be possible that it was released years after they retrieved the treasure?

"As I know you will be rejoiced at the glorious success that our Lord has given me."

I was thinking that even if it was published in 1850's, they might be the original translator of this.
    All I know is that the first English translation appeared in Edinburgh Review(Scotland) in 1816. And that there are people from Bedford that came from England.

Help?
    In my Voyage I discovered, at the end of many leagues that nothing new appeared, ashore to some. And great success that our Lord has given, and of all arrive.

Jun 2007
    15593 times
    NONE recorded; dunno.

Jun 2007
    15593 times
    BTW, Scotland is NOT England; Robert the Bruce & Nessie would be offended...

Jun 2007
    15593 times
    Roanoke Valley of Virginia has LOTS of Scots, with their own HIGH-LAND games... ALL wear Kilts with NO underwear... BORN FREE!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 23, 2021 at 08:05 AM.
    Singlestack Wonder likes this.

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    BTW, Scotland is NOT England; Robert the Bruce & Nessie would be offended...
    Yes, It is not England.but they could still travel there... :-D

Edit: I mean to say...Lincolnshire, England.. Nevermind, I just want to say that it is possible for the key to reach Bedford. But we dont have proof.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lincolnshire, england.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	1904581
    Last edited by jhonnz41; Feb 23, 2021 at 08:07 AM.
    In my Voyage I discovered, at the end of many leagues that nothing new appeared, ashore to some. And great success that our Lord has given, and of all arrive.

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    Attachment 1904582

Also why did they named New London? Could there be a lot of people from England living there?

Jun 2007
    15593 times
    "Google" it; wife & I live, near-by...
    jhonnz41 likes this.

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    "Google" it; wife & I live, near-by...
    Done...Thank you so much!!

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    9016 times
    "Guanahaní"....try this search reference instead of "Guanaham."
    jhonnz41 likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    "Guanahaní"....try this search reference instead of "Guanaham."
    Thank you..

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    A few more thing.Is the Harkening Hill an Indian reserve? It seems here that he means this as a place where the Indians take refuge?..Who have fled from people in the open country, who dont want government and other Indians.

When Columbus came to Guanahani/Guanaham, the people there fled when they saw his group right?

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    9016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jhonnz41 View Post
    A few more thing.Is the Harkening Hill an Indian reserve? It seems here that he means this as a place where the Indians take refuge?..Who have fled from people in the open country, who dont want government and other Indians.

When Columbus came to Guanahani/Guanaham, the people there fled when they saw his group right?
    Here's a good tip for you when trying to research things online. When entering search preferences into the search bar try doing it this way; keyword + keyword + keyword. Per example, Guanahani + Columbus + Letter.......this is telling the search engine that you want all three of those search preferences to appear in the resource materials of those search results. If you just enter a general question or generalized search terms then you're only going to get those generalized search engine results. By adding the "+" and appropriate spacing between each search keyword you are telling the search engine that want "only those results containing those "specific" keyword elements to be displayed first." Can prove to be the difference between night and day when researching things online.......
    jhonnz41 likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Here's a good tip for you when trying to research things online. When entering search preferences into the search bar try doing it this way; keyword + keyword + keyword. Per example, Guanahani + Columbus + Letter.......this is telling the search engine that you want all three of those search preferences to appear in the resource materials of those search results. If you just enter a general question or generalized search terms then you're only going to get those generalized search engine results. By adding the "+" and appropriate spacing between each search keyword you are telling the search engine that want "only those results containing those "specific" keyword elements to be displayed first." Can prove to be the difference between night and day when researching things online.......
    Thank you so much for this. I will surely need this.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    15593 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jhonnz41 View Post

No...
    jhonnz41 likes this.

ph
    May 2020
    242 times
    No...
    Why is there a Northern tribe there? It's originally theirs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links